Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 08:20 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
Anything that keeps Bronx residents shopping and dining in the borough instead of going to Manhattan or Westchester is a good thing. It might just be more bland chain stores but we can use the revenue. I recall a time when if you wanted to do some decent shopping you had to go to the city, Central Ave in Yonkers, or the White Plains Galleria. There wasn't so much as a Pizza Hut in the Bronx. Most people just want what is available to everyone else.

I'd much rather take five-ten minutes to drive to Pier 1 in Bayplaza and then hit up BBQ or Panera in Bay Plaza than have to go all the way to Central Ave. If I want fine dining and a more upscale shopping experience than I can make the occassional trek to the city. I'm talking about a real treat, I'm not going to Manhattan to eat at BBQs or shop at Macy's.
This is the reason why they are expanding a mall by coop city JC penny which will feature a Macys and other outlet retailers. Large portion of the North Bronx do not shop in the Bronx for large groceries, electronics and other retail goods like clothing. Most North Bronx residents shop in Cross County, so having a mall nearby would probably be beneficial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2014, 10:28 PM

10 posts, read 9,284 times
I registered to state how appalled I am to hear about this plan.

Why on earth wouldn't you build a residential component above a large lot, in immediate proximity to several rapid transit/bus lines and a coming Metro North connection?

This is beyond short sighted and will probably be demolished in a decade as the area continues to evolve.

Idiots.

If the Bill de Blasio administration plans on developing or maintaining 200,000 units of affordable housing, this is exactly the type of situation he cannot afford to overlook.

This neighborhood has significant potential. I urge you to write the community board and your own elects about this disastrous waste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City