Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 01:42 PM

2,894 posts, read 5,906,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I saw it on the front page of one of those subway newspapers (I think it was The Metro) but here's a link to the Daily News:

Gov. Cuomo to allow limited use of medical marijuana in New York - NY Daily News
Thanks for the link bellakin123.

I also just read it in the NYT.

The executive order is based on a 1980 law proposal.
basically you have to be almost dying to be able to get it.
Isn't Mr Coumo merciful?

Every little thing this guy does is done thinking of a potential presidential bid. I hope we he'll be out even before the primaries. And if he does get beyond the primaries he won't be getting my vote.

Voting for Cuomo would be like voting for Obama 3.0

thanks but no thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 01:59 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,241,584 times
Legalize it. Tax it. Sell it in liquor stores.
P.S. Drop the legal age for it & liquor back to 18. Get the kids off Oxy & heroin.

Old 01-06-2014, 02:06 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
Thanks for the link bellakin123.

I also just read it in the NYT.

The executive order is based on a 1980 law proposal.
basically you have to be almost dying to be able to get it.
Isn't Mr Coumo merciful?

Every little thing this guy does is done thinking of a potential presidential bid. I hope we he'll be out even before the primaries. And if he does get beyond the primaries he won't be getting my vote.

Voting for Cuomo would be like voting for Obama 3.0

thanks but no thanks.
Don't know how Cuomo thinks he's going to sell himself outside of the North East, no scratch that, New York State to run for WH. I mean his trip to Washington DC a few weeks ago was one of a handful of political "visits" he's made out of state since being in office. He doesn't like persons getting too deep into his business/family life which is bound to happen unless he marries his fancy woman. Or is the man assuming since "gay marriage" is catching on that the American public is ready for a couple shacking up in the WH?

Then there is the fact no small part of the United States population simply does not like New York, period. All this not even mentioning the Clintons are not going to go quietly into that dark night.

Quite honestly after his big gay marriage thing, Cuomo has been rather lackluster as a governor. Plus he has his father's tendency to rabbit on and on when speaking.

Old 01-06-2014, 05:42 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,251,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnyc View Post
32898153.QUOTE=Above Average Bear;32898153]My guess is that this will also lead to legal recreational use.
If it can be done safely here I would have no problem with it.

We would have to closely monitor states that allow recreational use such as Colorado and Washington.

Hey, maybe open up smoking clubs like they had in the 20's in Harlem.[/quote]

Weed was smoked very early on and jazz musicians and beatniks turned to Heroin in the 50's. But weed hit mainstream in the mid 60's. If you want smoking clubs A.D 2014 you should move to Amsterdam.

Old 01-06-2014, 05:59 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
If it can be done safely here I would have no problem with it.

We would have to closely monitor states that allow recreational use such as Colorado and Washington.

Hey, maybe open up smoking clubs like they had in the 20's in Harlem.

Lol@ pot having a safety issue. Just put a lock on the fridge so users don't od on Chunky Monkey...

Old 01-06-2014, 06:01 PM

Now these quotes and who said what is all messed up. Maybe a mod could step in here and clean it. Thank you.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:05 PM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Now these quotes and who said what is all messed up. Maybe a mod could step in here and clean it. Thank you.
Were you smoking? Everything looks fine to me.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-06-2014, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Were you smoking? Everything looks fine to me.
Lol! Actually not. But it's not such a big deal afterall.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:37 PM

620 posts, read 1,073,451 times
yesss !!!! I literally fell out of my bed when I read this today !

Finally, they are realizing that people will smoke ANYWAY... they might as well allow it and make some money off it.

Obviously this is a small step but its only a matter of time .

California banned smoking outside and no one cared.... NYC did it and the country followed. So you know what this means !!

pass that !!

Old 01-06-2014, 06:50 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popfizz View Post
yesss !!!! I literally fell out of my bed when I read this today !

Finally, they are realizing that people will smoke ANYWAY... they might as well allow it and make some money off it.

Obviously this is a small step but its only a matter of time .

California banned smoking outside and no one cared.... NYC did it and the country followed. So you know what this means !!

pass that !!
I think that it is inevitable that NYC legalizes it, too much money to be lost by taxing it. Heck it is no more harmful than booze. Just wondering how PD will monitor it in drivers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City