Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 09:53 AM

8 posts, read 24,579 times

Advertisements

Hi, does anybody know what the process is with NYCHA after an eligibility interview , as a vdv N1 priority? I have already been certified since 01/06/14 & wondering if it'll take long before I get notified of an apartment. I believe I was placed on a boroughwide waiting list for the whole borough of Queens
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 09:20 PM

39 posts, read 109,213 times
I have n1 but not for dv I also completed ask processes just waitin for the borough list. I'm sure by now u in ur apt , how long did it take u

Old 10-06-2014, 06:43 PM

10 posts, read 41,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela___ View Post
Hi, does anybody know what the process is with NYCHA after an eligibility interview , as a vdv N1 priority? I have already been certified since 01/06/14 & wondering if it'll take long before I get notified of an apartment. I believe I was placed on a boroughwide waiting list for the whole borough of Queens
Hi. I pretty much want to know the same thing. I currently reside in a DV shelter in Brooklyn. I applied for housing on 9/26/14 and turned in my DV documents that same day. Since then I have been assigned a pin # and placed as DV priority. How long will I likely be waiting for an interview? I chose staten island as my first preference and Brooklyn as my second.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:46 AM

Wink Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyBri90 View Post
Hi. I pretty much want to know the same thing. I currently reside in a DV shelter in Brooklyn. I applied for housing on 9/26/14 and turned in my DV documents that same day. Since then I have been assigned a pin # and placed as DV priority. How long will I likely be waiting for an interview? I chose staten island as my first preference and Brooklyn as my second.
Just an update. I recently got a letter from NYCHA for an interview which is November 3rd, 2014. It seems to be moving a lot faster than I anticipated. Anyone else have any similar situations pleaseeeeee share

Old 10-13-2014, 02:17 PM

154 posts, read 361,350 times
how did yall get N1? does income have to be over 18k?

Old 10-17-2014, 05:58 PM

26 posts, read 68,507 times
Out of experience i did it all im n1 priority and been on borough wide in bronx since april 2014 and we are in oct 2014 and still nothing yet also dv shelters dnt keep u long so ur gonna hve to go to another shelter like i did.. And i been waiting calling and they told me wait till something opens ita been almost six months i been waiting when ur at,a new shelter btw ur gonna hve to save money one of the requirements as well and since my son gets ssi i still dnt get help i save and save and still nycha still had not contacted me .. better get the resumes handy because they wont be contacting u anytime soon after ur interview dnt let anyone get u excited its a wait even when u are dv priority.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turner23x View Post
how did yall get N1? does income have to be over 18k?

N1 is for Domestic violence victims or intimidated witnesses.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzlife View Post
Out of experience i did it all im n1 priority and been on borough wide in bronx since april 2014 and we are in oct 2014 and still nothing yet also dv shelters dnt keep u long so ur gonna hve to go to another shelter like i did.. And i been waiting calling and they told me wait till something opens ita been almost six months i been waiting when ur at,a new shelter btw ur gonna hve to save money one of the requirements as well and since my son gets ssi i still dnt get help i save and save and still nycha still had not contacted me .. better get the resumes handy because they wont be contacting u anytime soon after ur interview dnt let anyone get u excited its a wait even when u are dv priority.

I hear the Bronx and Manhattan have a large waiting list even for DV priority. Thats one of the reasons I chose staten island. Staten Island has little to no waiting list. I'm from Brooklyn so I would prefer to live in Brooklyn but even Brooklyn has an almost never ending waiting list.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nycha/downlo...rt_manager.pdf

This link i just shared above breaks it down for you and shows you what the waiting list for N0 and N1 priority looks like for each borough and it is updated often. I hope you get your apartment soon !

Old 11-07-2014, 06:09 PM

1 posts, read 5,129 times
I just submitted my document for dv 10/30/14 and I received my eligible letter 11/5/14 but I have yet to go pick it up quick question how long after the eligible letter do I Wait for an interview anybody ??

Old 11-10-2014, 05:57 PM

26 posts, read 68,507 times
Basiclly its like this i got priority n1 for dv in march i already went a shelter for dv then they transferred me to a family shelter doesnt matter u will wait a while staten island may hve little wait but the traveling is diff i use to live in great kills u need a car and park hill is very very real out their u will be lucky to be in a good area like nudorpe or great kills trus me i went to hs out there u will see another side of nyc lol.. I call mycja every day because i have a special need child they will give u the same answer wait till a plce gets in contact with u ..i saw some women im this shelter only wait six months some wait long doesnt matter what bprough u pick u will wait ..trus me ive been calling waiting u get excited by being plced on priority then its a long wait so many people are homeless they are putting the n0 first that are homeless families first before us :/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City