Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2008, 08:54 AM

1,008 posts, read 3,624,075 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to post these. It seems that East Harlem still a hot investment for many.

And they just keep on building and selling these condos in East Harlem...

The Mirada:

Construction underway at the Mirada at 161 East 110th Street

11-FEB-08

Construction is underway for the 68-unit residential condominium building at 161 East 110th Street in East Harlem.

The project is known as the Mirada.

New York City Apartments > CITY REALTY.COM > New Developments

and the other one...

2056 Fifth:

East Harlem continues to drive interesting architectural developments. AFC Realty Capital's 2056 Fifth Ave., at 126th St., sold out 50% of its 22 homes without a sales office. That means they should sell more now that their fully functional on-site sales center and model is up and running. Sold by husband-and-wife team Jessica and Brian Armstead of Corcoran, 2056 Fifth will be ready for occupancy in April. "In Harlem, there aren't that many tall buildings," says AFC's Arthur Fefferman. "From the penthouses, you can see all the way to Yankee Stadium on one side and the George Washington Bridge on the other." Fefferman points out that there is nothing cookie-cutter in this historic Beaux Arts building that used to house a church congregation. Two-bedroom two-baths start around $945,000 and the large modern penthouses with glass-walled hallways fetch as much as $1,675,000 for 1,503 square feet. Visit 2056 FIFTH for more info.

Broadway star Shannon Durig signed lease on her first New York apartment (she did not sign an apartment for this East Harlem building)

And also construction this summer for a Mix-Rental project planned for a vacant lot

Rental project planned for vacant Harlem lot

By David Jones

Jonathan Rose Cos. and Urban Builders Collaborative said they expect to break ground this summer on an environmentally friendly mixed-income project called Kingsgate House, a 185-unit rental building at a long vacant site at Second Avenue and 124th Street.

The developers urged the City Planning Commission to approve to rezone the East Harlem site to allow for denser development. The site includes a mix of private and city-owned land that has been a vacant for more than 20 years.

The Real Deal - New York Real Estate News (http://ny.therealdeal.com/articles/8830 - broken link) ( I am glad since this vacant lot has been an eyesore for more than 20 years!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 09:03 AM

2,978 posts, read 4,002,981 times
Wow those prices are crazy....scary!!!

Old 02-15-2008, 09:18 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,049,253 times
Funny because I just nominated East Harlem as the crummiest place to live on the General forums.

//www.city-data.com/forum/2835868-post426.html

Old 02-15-2008, 09:21 AM

lol....I would say you need to find a new nomination, as $1,000,000 condos doesn't qualify as crummy for 99.99999% of the world.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:28 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,049,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guywithacause View Post
lol....I would say you need to find a new nomination, as $1,000,000 condos doesn't qualify as crummy for 99.99999% of the world.
But you have to admit that he area suffers from MANY problems.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:30 AM

Yes true...but with that kind of development, investment, demand, and rapid changes that are occuring, there are NUMEROUS other neighborhoods in the COUNTRY that can make a better case. There are still problems no doubt...but there are so many places with similar problems that are continuing to sink...

Old 02-15-2008, 09:43 AM

1,008 posts, read 3,624,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Funny because I just nominated East Harlem as the crummiest place to live on the General forums.

//www.city-data.com/forum/2835868-post426.html
I disagree about East Harlem nomination as one of the crummiest place to live in the world. I think there are worst places in NYC and much worser in the USA. East Harlem is a neighborhood that still has some crime problems, especially in those housing projects, but slowly and surely is getting much better and more livable for people.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:15 AM

307 posts, read 2,507,925 times
@SuperMario:

Dude let it go...you saw so many proofs that Harlem is rising up. The New York Times or other Newspapers always talking positve about this neighborhood. Because there is less negative to talk about. Think about...

Old 02-15-2008, 11:03 AM

"so many proofs"....gotta love NYC public schools! Krazy you should know that the newspapers earn the VAST majority of their revenue from placing ads, not from subscriptions..hence they push, in general, RE..as it directly and indirectly benefits them...remember..its all about the money.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:35 AM

20 posts, read 32,328 times
What I find so shocking is the fact a lot of these condo developers get all this tax abatements and I thought they were suppose to set aside a small fraction of the apts at a discount for the folks in the area to purchase at a deep discount.

I have yet to find anyone living in East Harlem to have won an apt in any of these lotteries. I've lived in East Harlem 35 yrs and I know a lot of the long time residents and they're not winning in these so called lotteries.

I've done an address check on these buildings once the address is officially posted with the Post Office and the folks living in these apts are named Feinberg, Holtzman, Katzenburg, Chang, Horowitz, O'Reiley, etc. I don't see no JOHNSONs, JACKSONs, SANTIAGOs or RIVERAs.

I believe if people in the community are moving in, then we need to see whose winning at these lotteries cuz if you ask me, I think it's all BS. I see the Aspen that's on First Avenue having vacant apts. I call the management office to inquire and am told they have no vacancies and the apt that appears to be vacant is set aside for low income household. ISH, I know a lot of low income folks that would love to be able to move up in there. They have the apt available and they're just leaving it completely empty and these low income folks ain't doing nuttin about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City