Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 09:17 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,832,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyInRaleighNC View Post
T
For Bars I want to go to 230 5th, Coyote Ugly and maybe this one -- Please Don’t Tell - Sign says Crib Dogs you enter thru a phone booth....113 St. Marks Pl Other suggestions? We aren't club people but like nice bars or things we shouldn't miss.
I would skip 230 5th. I've never been on a weekday, but on the weekend it's a miserable mix of B&T 21 year olds. I once saw a security guard wrap a girl in a garbage bag and carry her out as she was vomiting on herself.

I've been to Please Don't Tell. The phone booth thing is cool and all. Make sure you call at exactly 3pm on the day you want to go to get the reservation though. One time I wanted to take my sister and we could only get a reservation for 1:30 am. IMO Rain's Law Room is a better speak easy. A butler answers the door. It's pretty neat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2014, 09:25 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilmin View Post
I am sorry you do not know how to read and hopefully not too many visitors will be hurt by your incredibly bad bad advice/ at least they have been warned/ this discussion is over,
Well I'm equally sorry you have comprehension issues and do not understand any of the legal matters since they pertain to the person who is listing the space and not the client staying in the space

Oh and here's some friendly advice that will serve you well online, read your own articles before posting them - especially if they prove the point of the other person you're disputing

lol

Last edited by BlakeJones; 01-11-2014 at 09:48 PM..

Old 01-12-2014, 05:24 AM

43,620 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygreta View Post
Remember, there's lots of free and cheap stuff in Manhattan.

The Metropolitan Museum of Art has a SUGGESGTED admission of $25, but you pay what you want. Afterwards, if the weather is nice, walk in Central Park, which is of course free. Or you could walk down 5th Avenue from MMA to Rockefeller Center and take in the beauty of one of the most gorgeous urban streets in the country. That's about 30 blocks, or 1.5 miles. You will love it.

Have fun!
I wanted to add to this that the American Museum of Natural History (which is on the West side of Central Park) also has a suggested contribution instead of fixed admission meaning you pay what you wish. I believe it is also the same for the Museum of City of NY (which north of the Metropolitan Museum also on 5th Avenue).

Old 01-12-2014, 09:35 AM

145 posts, read 663,852 times
Thanks everyone and yes def checking out the museums for sure!!

Thoughts on The Pearl Hotel, Eventi, or The Bentley Hotel - Bentley about 2.6 miles from Times Square but the views and rooms look AMAZING!!!

I think we may just book our flight and wait on booking hotel for a bit, watch the groupon and other online deals etc....right now groupon just scheduling thru March so in Feb should have April deals.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:57 AM

912 posts, read 2,098,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyInRaleighNC View Post
Thanks everyone and yes def checking out the museums for sure!!

Thoughts on The Pearl Hotel, Eventi, or The Bentley Hotel - Bentley about 2.6 miles from Times Square but the views and rooms look AMAZING!!!

I think we may just book our flight and wait on booking hotel for a bit, watch the groupon and other online deals etc....right now groupon just scheduling thru March so in Feb should have April deals.
Don't miss Chinatown

Old 01-12-2014, 03:38 PM

43,620 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borninnycliveinnyc View Post
Don't miss Chinatown
It is good to combine Chinatown with Little Italy as they are next to one another.

Old 01-12-2014, 05:00 PM

912 posts, read 2,098,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
It is good to combine Chinatown with Little Italy as they are next to one another.
Absolutely

Old 01-12-2014, 08:09 PM

269 posts, read 247,004 times
OP: Since you've a few day visit, try to stay Midtown. Please DON'T stay in Times Square. It's just a tourist attraction. I lived in NY 14 years, and visit often. From what you describe, I'd recommend you stay Midtown in the 50s perhaps on 7th Ave. That's in walking of Central Park, Times Square, Broadway, Carnegie Hall, Rockefeller Center, Bryant Park, etc., etc. And gives you the best access to all subway lines to get anywhere.

Great food is everywhere and very reasonable. If the hotel charges, WIFI will be $12-$15 per 24 hours. Pay for hotel location, not for included b/fast or WIFI.

Old 01-13-2014, 12:33 AM

24 posts, read 36,059 times
Honestly, don't worry about breakfast/free wifi, just try and get the best location possible for a decent price in a decent hotel.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:53 AM

2,440 posts, read 6,255,436 times
People like the old Edison Hotel in the W. 40's. They have a small restaurant locals refer to as "The Polish Tea Room," which is a low cost restaurant/diner that has unusual charm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City