Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2014, 09:29 AM

32 posts, read 114,861 times

Advertisements

Hey all! Does anyone have any information on this position, particularly the hiring process. I was instructed to call some number that keeps going to voicemail. I was also informed that this is a first call first serve kinda deal. Should I keep trying. I mean I'm not unemployed but the extra money would be great. Any details would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 09:36 AM

1,121 posts, read 6,553,840 times
Quote:
The primary role of this position is to collect tolls and interact with customers, providing assistance such as travel directions and traffic information. Training is provided for all qualified candidates. The work schedule includes rotating tours with Saturday, Sunday and holiday assignments, as well as mandatory overtime.
Quote:
Qualification Requirements:

New York State residency and at least 18–years old

valid, unrestricted New York State driver license

U.S. Birth Certificate, U.S. Passport or Naturalization Certificate

high school diploma or GED

no felony convictions

passing grade on basic reading comprehension and mathematics examination

Medical benefits are provided after 90 days on the job.
http://new.mta.info/press-release/br...es-and-tunnels

Old 01-14-2014, 04:00 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,545,112 times
This was the BEST temp job I ever held!! I collected tolls at the Whitestone and LOVED it! Never got treated nasty by the regular BTO's, I met a lot of kool people and i learned a lot. At that time I was single with no children so I was able to work any shift they asked me to do and the OT was great. It was a good insight on how things work on the inside of bridges and tunnels you see the good and the bad. The hiring process from what I recall was smooth. Had to go down to 2 Broadway (if i'm not mistaken) and you bring all your paper work, you get finger printed and all that good stuff. If you get selected they fit you for uniforms and they supply you with everything which you have to give back at then end of your term. Training was easy at least for me. it was all computerized but you also get some booklets with info on it to take home. I remember they told us that you can only work as a temp for 1 year BUT I don't think that's true b/c every time I cross the whitestone I still see this man that was a temp when i got there and that was back in 2008. If you like customer service and helping people then go for it the extra $ is good too!

Old 01-14-2014, 07:53 PM

32 posts, read 114,861 times
Thanks guys! I was finally able to confirm and I am going on Tuesday. This should be interesting! Hopefully I can do this and my position I have now working from home. I actually applied for this job years ago but while I wait for the city I want to make as much $$ as possible. Do you remember how look it took for you to start after you brought all the paperwork there?

Old 08-18-2016, 05:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,337 times
May I ask your some questions? I will go to the test this Monday. I would like to know what kind of the test it's going to be? Is it the same as Bridge and Tunnel officers? I was confused because I don't have to pay the money for the exam. If I know then I can prepare myself before head. Thank you so much in advance.

Old 09-22-2016, 04:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,182 times
I am also applying to this exam and go in on Monday as well. Can you give as much info as possible?i am also taking the exam this Monday and would like know more on interview process. Is this good as possible second job?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City