Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 12:48 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,636,678 times

Advertisements

Despite 2013's record low for homicides/shootings, 2014 seems to be off to a rocky start. Already on the first five days of the new year, there were 8 killings. I've also seen a lot of reports of violence as of lately on the news. This certainly seems like an anomaly from the past few years. Hopefully this is not the new normal.
Any thoughts, concerns, questions etc?

New York City killings could mean big boost in 2014 murder rate - NY Daily News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2014, 12:50 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,343,139 times
You should not have any thoughts, concerns, or questions yet...it has been a whopping 2 weeks. This is hype to sell papers, illicit fear, and make a big deal out of nothing (yet). Maybe you should focus on Union City? Jersey City Heights? Maybe Weehawken?

Old 01-19-2014, 12:58 PM

9,242 posts, read 24,023,373 times
It must be because Bloomberg and Ray Kelly are gone,right?

Old 01-19-2014, 01:02 PM

That will no doubt be brought up in the papers, especially in the NYPost...of course when the murders stop/slow down for awhile, and they will, you won't hear a peep! Media causes these problems..and the simpletons lap it up.

Old 01-19-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
You should not have any thoughts, concerns, or questions yet...it has been a whopping 2 weeks. This is hype to sell papers, illicit fear, and make a big deal out of nothing (yet). Maybe you should focus on Union City? Jersey City Heights? Maybe Weehawken?
A lot of New Yorkers of all income brackets have been moving over to Hudson County. I know it's only been two weeks but honest to god the migration has accelerated since Bill De Blasio was elected. One of my new neighbors, a business owner, told me that he left the city because NY's business climate was so burdensome. He even went as far as saying that he'd likely still be there if Lhota had been elected. NJ isn't that much better when it comes to accommodating the private sector but with Bill De blasio's tax/wealth redistribution agenda, I anticipate a lot of wealthy people fleeing the city. Nobody should be kidding themselves, Bill is a radical and NY is not immune from serious budget or crime problems. It takes a lot less effort to tare down a city than to build one up.

Old 01-19-2014, 01:15 PM

So now the mere election of DeBlasio has caused the murder to increase 75% (in just 10 days), and driving loads of people to flee NYC for the Utopian paradise that is Union City! (Please, ignore Chris Christie of course!)

I also heard that NYC's water supply has been poisoned with lead and arsenic since DeBlasio took office, and in fact he has a taste for white babies. Also, there is a rumor that DeBlasio is actually a drag queen named Sassy Nancy who plans to sterilize all heterosexual kids via the universal pre-k program he is pushing (hint, the milk won't be just milk!).

I take it you have a crappy condo you are trying to sell to a NYC sucker? Or maybe you are just nuts.

Old 01-20-2014, 06:08 AM

1,097 posts, read 1,591,502 times
Wow... here we go... conservatives and NYC haters who hope on a crime increase

Old 01-20-2014, 06:52 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,988,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwesterns45 View Post
A lot of New Yorkers of all income brackets have been moving over to Hudson County. I know it's only been two weeks but honest to god the migration has accelerated since Bill De Blasio was elected. One of my new neighbors, a business owner, told me that he left the city because NY's business climate was so burdensome. He even went as far as saying that he'd likely still be there if Lhota had been elected. NJ isn't that much better when it comes to accommodating the private sector but with Bill De blasio's tax/wealth redistribution agenda, I anticipate a lot of wealthy people fleeing the city. Nobody should be kidding themselves, Bill is a radical and NY is not immune from serious budget or crime problems. It takes a lot less effort to tare down a city than to build one up.

and I am sure we could find examples of people who moved from the Hudson valley or New Jersey because they were bored and what kind of business does your neighbor have good luck with that. Thank goodness for a man like DeBlasio who is going after these fat cats who steal from the common folk

Old 01-20-2014, 01:37 PM

1,280 posts, read 2,439,218 times

"And Here We Go" - Joker - YouTube

Old 01-25-2014, 09:14 PM

Wait until the summer...real estate in NJ is gonna explode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City