Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2014, 09:42 PM

23 posts, read 33,961 times

Advertisements

Lately I am viewing apartments at 225 Central Park west. I like the building. I want to get more information about it before put offer. According my own study, here are things I found:

1-- I noticed for some reason there are a quite few apartments for rental and not very fast to rent out

2-- in 2013, there are more than 20 apartments for sale but even not 50% sold. As my feeling is that they are not easy to sale the apartment from this building.

I have concern about it due to above facts I found. I am worried if in case in the future I need to sale it that will be same situation . Is any one very familiar this building and be able to explain why?

Also, is anyone familiar the coop building in upper west, which close to train, food shop, not far from Central Park etc. please provide some information.

Thank you very much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2014, 06:18 AM

9,252 posts, read 24,122,601 times
If the apartment are not renting and not selling, they are most likely very overpriced.

Old 01-26-2014, 06:37 AM

13 posts, read 12,742 times
Is this the Alden? If so, I looked at apartments there about 22 years ago, i.e. before I moved into a smaller coop building around the corner. I thought some of the apartments I looked at in the Alden had weird layouts. At the time, the maintenance seemed high, and even then, apartments were on the market for what seemed to be a long time. On the positive side, the Alden has lovely, wonderful doormen, and this certainly adds to the expense. I believe the building is dog-friendly which is another plus.

Old 01-27-2014, 07:12 PM

25,424 posts, read 37,189,609 times
It's the Alden.

Seems the going price is just under $1000 per square foot.

I can't think of any reason to dislike this sought after building in a prime location, especially if you are talking about a park facing apartment.

Probably the only downside is that it is overshadowed by its next door neighbor, The Beresford.

Last edited by Kefir King; 01-27-2014 at 07:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City