Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 01:57 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,310,360 times

Advertisements

Are you saying that she should have another baby so that she can keep the apartment?

Old 02-02-2014, 02:20 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,860,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Are you saying that she should have another baby so that she can keep the apartment?
Apparently so based on what he's been posting in this thread. Whatever rabbit OP can pull of the had to keep the dream apartment...

Old 02-02-2014, 02:50 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,123,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobynana View Post
as I said before YOU PLAY or GET PLAYED
CALL HOUSING BLUFF
I BET MONEY they will NOT KICK OUT
A PAYING TENANT IN good standing FOR 40 years!!!

AND IF THEY DO
I BET NO JUDGE WILL SUPPORT THEIR DECISION
FILE ARTICLE 78 IF THEY EVEN DARE!!!!
I guess you see yourself as an advocate for the underdog, but what you're actually accomplishing in this thread is to make people see those who live in NYCHA as leeches, since that's what you sound like. Leech, parasite, player. It's pathetic.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:04 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,992,462 times
Quote:
if he wanted to just accept whatever they giving then he wouldnt be here complaining about it
now would he
heres some reading on the subject
for all the green eyed monsters abounding in this thread

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/02/02...apartment.html

TOODLES

Yea but there comes a time when you need to accept reality and make the best of it. If the rules aay you move then you move or you get out of the system

Old 02-02-2014, 03:16 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,992,462 times
Quote:
In this thread what I am seeing ppl who dont give a HOT DAMM about their fellow citizens
would you PURPOSELY move to a drug infested bldg?
but since its a NYCHA bldg all bets are off n frick granny and baby
compassionate conservative my arse
dont let these haterz sway you from the best interests of you and your family they aint offering up their bedroom to the homeless and the ONLY reason they up on here beefing about your situation is cuz they on the waiting list

LMAO

I only see one haterz in this group--- guess who

Old 02-02-2014, 03:28 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,963,202 times
Quote:
In this thread what I am seeing ppl who dont give a HOT DAMM about their fellow citizens
dont let these haterz sway you from the best interests of you and your family they aint offering up their bedroom to the homeless and the ONLY reason they up on here beefing about your situation is cuz they on the waiting list

LMAO
You're enabling her to con the system and screw over someone else. She doesn't need the extra bedroom, but someone else surely does. If NYCHA tells her to move, she should move. Nothing is stopping her and her family from getting a market rate apartment in the outer boroughs.

Because of people like you, each budget the Republicans continue to cut more and more from the welfare system. What happens one day when NYCHA gets no federal funding and all repairs in NYCHA more or less cease? Things are halfway there anyway, NYCHA has many thousands of backlogged repairs. All because players constantly milk the system.

And if she has worked for all those years she has had plenty of time to save up money to have a better place.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
rules???? Really?
Housing is breaking the* rules* THEY gave her the apt

40 years later they wanna take it back?

Lets see what THE JUDGE says about the RULES!!!!
She was LEASED the apartment. She was not GIVEN the apartment 40 years ago. NYCHA is still the OWNER of this apartment. The judge could also rule in favor of NYCHA, and if that happens she'll never no choice but to move. In the meantime, she will have wasted a lot of time and money. Since she has a JOB, how will she find the time to make all the COURT APPOINTMENTS?

And yes, you can be transferred to a smaller apartment if your family need is less. It's happen to PLENTY of people.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilmin View Post
Yea but there comes a time when you need to accept reality and make the best of it. If the rules aay you move then you move or you get out of the system
100% in agreement.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:

LMAO
This is an example of a self absorbed, entitled attitude. Most working people have to make difficult decisions as to where they can afford to live. Why should this woman's family be supported by the government (taxpayer subsidized housing) for the rest of her life, and from generation to generation indefinitely? That's the definition of a leech, a parasite, a player, a good for nothing, a hustler, a bum, a ne'er do well, etc.

The honorable thing for her to do since she has a job is move to a private apartment where she can afford to pay the rent. She's got her money and her mother's social security check. There's no need for them to hold onto government housing.

She'd be breaking the rules if she tried to stay. Again, if you're so concerned about the poor there are plenty of homeless people who need this apartment more than she does.

As for who would give up their apartment to make room for homeless, you aren't required to if you live in PRIVATELY owned housing. But if your family needs become smaller in PUBLIC housing (paid for by the government to help poor people) you are REQUIRED to. Plain and simple.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:37 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,860,440 times
Or you can game the rules, which is what Coby here is suggesting the OP do. Would not be surprised if that was the OP's true question - "How do I game the rules?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: