Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 10:56 PM

1,274 posts, read 978,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatella Versace View Post
Hello everyone.

I'm a new member on this forum and I just made an account on here yesterday. Anyway, I just wanted to make a really quick rant about how much I hate tourists.

I just can't stand tourists. They're so annoying. I live in Staten Island and head to Manhattan every single day because I have two jobs in Manhattan and I'm going to college in Manhattan. I see these people all the time and they get me so mad.

The other day I was walking up Whitehall Street trying to get to work and I was in such a rush because I woke up late, the ferry was late and omg I was just all over the place. So I'm walking up Whitehall and this woman with a Russian or Middle Eastern accent in her 50's literally stops in front of me and I almost slam into her. I had a coffee in my hand and she says "WHERE YOU GET COFFEE?" First of all *****, back the **** up. I'm late for work and my rent is due and my boss hates me and is looking for any reason to fire me. I just shoved her out of my way and kept walking.

I just don't understand who the woman thinks she is to get in my face and yell at me like that. Who are you? Are you like the president? No. So get out of my face. If I was in another country and I saw someone who was obviously in a rush I wouldn't just jump in front of them and yell at them like that.

Also, it's coffee. You can get coffee anywhere. Who doesn't know that?

I just hate tourists. I have to deal with them every single day on the ferry taking pictures of the statue of liberty, taking pictures of Manhattan, taking up room on the ferry, taking up room in the terminal. It's so annoying.

This doesn't mention all the other annoying things tourists do. Like stopping in the middle of the sidewalk, or walking slow and looking at their maps, asking dumb questions, pointing their cameras everywhere, the way they will hover over you to look at the map on the subway, the way they take forever to use the metrocard machines and so much other stuff. I just can't stand it.

Go back to california or florida or south dakota or wherever you're from. We don't want you here.
You were just having a bad day. Tourists are not all good but not all bad neither. Plus, who knows? Maybe you'll meet a nice Russian while he was visiting NYC and he asked you where he could find a coffee .

Old 02-05-2014, 04:03 AM

2,565 posts, read 5,511,840 times
Quote:
I live in Staten Island
Tourist.

Old 02-05-2014, 05:24 AM

14 posts, read 23,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
Tourist.
Excuse me but I was born and raised in New York.

Old 02-05-2014, 05:53 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,992,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvxhd View Post
Uh, no... I'm planning a move to New York later this year or early next, so I'm browsing this thread for info. Your reaction to that woman was a little extreme, and if that's how you carry yourself at work, then you deserve to be hated by your boss. Good luck on your next job, and get off your high horse.

That is just a typical New York reaction... I think you should really reconsider moving here. I don't think
you will fit in.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:30 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,496,338 times
what in God's name is this thread??? LMAOOO

Old 02-05-2014, 07:43 AM

8,678 posts, read 11,069,654 times
wth

Old 02-05-2014, 07:56 AM

2,565 posts, read 5,511,840 times
Quote:
Excuse me but I was born and raised in New York.
So were people from Buffalo.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:44 AM

897 posts, read 1,252,457 times
Quote:
Hello everyone.

I'm a new member on this forum and I just made an account on here yesterday. Anyway, I just wanted to make a really quick rant about how much I hate tourists.

I just can't stand tourists. They're so annoying. I live in Staten Island and head to Manhattan every single day because I have two jobs in Manhattan and I'm going to college in Manhattan. I see these people all the time and they get me so mad.

The other day I was walking up Whitehall Street trying to get to work and I was in such a rush because I woke up late, the ferry was late and omg I was just all over the place. So I'm walking up Whitehall and this woman with a Russian or Middle Eastern accent in her 50's literally stops in front of me and I almost slam into her. I had a coffee in my hand and she says "WHERE YOU GET COFFEE?" First of all *****, back the **** up. I'm late for work and my rent is due and my boss hates me and is looking for any reason to fire me. I just shoved her out of my way and kept walking.

I just don't understand who the woman thinks she is to get in my face and yell at me like that. Who are you? Are you like the president? No. So get out of my face. If I was in another country and I saw someone who was obviously in a rush I wouldn't just jump in front of them and yell at them like that.

Also, it's coffee. You can get coffee anywhere. Who doesn't know that?

I just hate tourists. I have to deal with them every single day on the ferry taking pictures of the statue of liberty, taking pictures of Manhattan, taking up room on the ferry, taking up room in the terminal. It's so annoying.

This doesn't mention all the other annoying things tourists do. Like stopping in the middle of the sidewalk, or walking slow and looking at their maps, asking dumb questions, pointing their cameras everywhere, the way they will hover over you to look at the map on the subway, the way they take forever to use the metrocard machines and so much other stuff. I just can't stand it.

Go back to california or florida or south dakota or wherever you're from. We don't want you here.
Are you a troll or just a deadbeat staten islander? Where's your Juicy tracksuit, hoop earrings, and long overly done nails? And of course don't you forget that 5 lbs of makeup and coverup! You are the reason NYers get such a bad name! Go watch another rerun of Jersey Shore

Old 02-05-2014, 08:55 AM

5,516 posts, read 8,762,507 times
OP, here's a simple solution: Next time, leave or work so you'll be ON TIME!

Old 02-05-2014, 09:09 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,537,213 times
I'm native but people like OP make me appreciate transplants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City