Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 08:40 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,635,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
Get over it or get out. Those are your two choices. Plain and simple.

LOL, oh I so wish you could read my mind right now, what I would say to totally humiliate you right about now, but I wont because we have to abide by CD rules.....

your reply was totally un-necessary.

also LGA was originally built for planes with 50 passengers or less, not big jumbo planes....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 08:52 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,906,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
LOL, oh I so wish you could read my mind right now, what I would say to totally humiliate you right about now, but I wont because we have to abide by CD rules.....

PS: I have more choices that what your giving me.

also LGA was originally built for planes with 50 passengers or less, not big jumbo planes....
Man up and say it... oh wait. You can't do that.
Like rep Grimm said "You Are not man enough. You're not man enough"

Old 02-10-2014, 09:22 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,243,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
So Joe Biden joined the Donald in comparing LGA to a third world country airport.

-------

"If I blindfolded someone and took them at 2:00 in the morning into the airport in Hong Kong and said ‘where do you think you are,’ they’d say, ‘this must be America, it’s a modern airport,’" he said. "But if I blindfolded you and took you to LaGuardia Airport in New York, you must think, ‘I must be in some third world country.’ I’m not joking."

Biden Compares LaGuardia Airport To A Third World Country: Gothamist

---------

I agree with Joe on this one. LGA is ugly as hell.

What if we razed that airport and build a new modern one in its place. The state and federal government could split the bill.

Anyone else agree?
City needs new and better infrastructure period. It's starting to get to that breaking point where it's embarrassing.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:16 AM

15,843 posts, read 14,476,031 times
There's nothing about LGA that can't be fixed. It just needs to be.

I actually have a way of using Floyd Bennett as an adjunct to JFK, in a way that would greatly increase JFKs capacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby BK View Post
LaGuardia should be demolished. It served its purpose. Put another airport in the Bronx or Westchester or something. Having two airports in Queens is a folly, especially when one of them is a pain-in-the-ass to get to, small, and ugly as sin as well. I've never had any good experiences at LGA.

New York seems to have a hard-on for keeping old airports around. Floyd Bennett Field should be razed to the ground. Use the land for something that'll actually be of use to the community.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:18 AM

There are too many single runway or all parallel runway airports in use, or being build current to make think this is still valid. I think modern jets can deal with the crosswinds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
An airport must have a runway configuration that can account for 95% of expected winds in the area. Get rid of the intersecting runways at LGA and you can no longer have this. You'll have massive delays anytime the winds aren't out of the NW or SE.

That's why you only see parallel-only configurations in areas where the winds are pretty stable and generally come from the same direction year round (ATL, LAX, etc...).

Old 02-10-2014, 10:20 AM

21 posts, read 30,750 times
I don't give a sh . All the time I spend in LGA is usually spent reading or sleeping (with my head in my palm of course) while waiting for a flight.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:25 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
There's nothing about LGA that can't be fixed. It just needs to be.

I actually have a way of using Floyd Bennett as an adjunct to JFK, in a way that would greatly increase JFKs capacity.
Floyd Bennett field is federal property now. I highly doubt that Floyd Bennett field will reopen as an airport again. Also Federal park police is located there, NYPD aviation wing is located at Floyd Bennett field and Marine corps reserve is also there.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 02-10-2014 at 10:37 AM..

Old 02-10-2014, 10:52 AM

The agency stuff could be worked into a new airport. And I bet the PA could get it back from the Feds. It's REALLY underutilized as it is now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Floyd Bennett field is federal property now. I highly doubt that Floyd Bennett field will reopen as an airport again. Also Federal park police is located there, NYPD aviation wing is located at Floyd Bennett field and Marine corps reserve is also there.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:48 AM

1,999 posts, read 4,996,009 times
Default operational flexibility

This is why EWR has the worst delay record in the country - two parallel runways. When there are gales out of the west EWR almost shuts down. LGA's intersecting runway configuration provides much more operational flexibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
There are too many single runway or all parallel runway airports in use, or being build current to make think this is still valid. I think modern jets can deal with the crosswinds.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:53 AM

3,763 posts, read 5,859,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee1995 View Post
I don't even mind that it isn't so pretty--I just wish it were easier to get to. It's absolutely insane--embarrassing, really--that NYC (NYC!) does not have a subway line out to the AIRPORT.
YES!! That is what is needed. I am not going to NYC to see the airport, just make it more convenient. ATL, Chicago, PHL all have subway and trains to the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City