Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 11:46 PM

11 posts, read 10,600 times

Advertisements

#1. I like NYC
#2. I am not trying to be arrogant or disrespectful
#3. Everyone outside of NYC is not a teabagger
#3.1. Hardly anyone outside of NYC but inside NY is a teabagger
#3.2. If you want to pass state legislation, don't you think it would be wise not to consider everyone outside of NYC but inside NY a redneck?

Please don't insult my intelligence by denying point #3.2. It's common knowledge for many many many many decades. The "New Amsterdam" crap is quite similar to the rust belt's idea of the "Great Lakes State" crap. If you actually considered yourself a city instead of a state, you might have more sway in the NY State Senate. But you don't. You consider yourself equivalent to God. Thus nothing hardly ever passes the Republican Senate even though 2 or 3 of the most populous CITIES in the STATE of New York make up the most populous areas in the State.

But you don't care about that. You have Wall Street and such so who cares, right? hatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehate

NEWS FLASH, NYC; Republicans in the NY Senate obstruct you, and Liberals outside of NYC but inside NY support them. And Cuomo is 100% aware of it, and you are binding his hands tight.

SHOW SOME RESPECT

Sincerely,
Western NY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 11:55 PM

34,090 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dscape View Post
#1. I like NYC
#2. I am not trying to be arrogant or disrespectful
#3. Everyone outside of NYC is not a teabagger
#3.1. Hardly anyone outside of NYC but inside NY is a teabagger
#3.2. If you want to pass state legislation, don't you think it would be wise not to consider everyone outside of NYC but inside NY a redneck?

Please don't insult my intelligence by denying point #3.2. It's common knowledge for many many many many decades. The "New Amsterdam" crap is quite similar to the rust belt's idea of the "Great Lakes State" crap. If you actually considered yourself a city instead of a state, you might have more sway in the NY State Senate. But you don't. You consider yourself equivalent to God. Thus nothing hardly ever passes the Republican Senate even though 2 or 3 of the most populous CITIES in the STATE of New York make up the most populous areas in the State.

But you don't care about that. You have Wall Street and such so who cares, right? hatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehate

NEWS FLASH, NYC; Republicans in the NY Senate obstruct you, and Liberals outside of NYC but inside NY support them. And Cuomo is 100% aware of it, and you are binding his hands tight.

SHOW SOME RESPECT

Sincerely,
Western NY
So then Western NY doesn't need our tax contributions. Tell Albany you guys are fine.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-19-2014, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
So then Western NY doesn't need our tax contributions. Tell Albany you guys are fine.
Why do we need your tax contributions? You're the one without snow plows and getting hit by hurricanes. (edit; my entire city LMAO'd when the national media wrote a bit about how NYC bought snow boots for the first time and offered pictures recently) Regardless of that fact, you're also the one who pays every other state in the entire United States who is on federal aid which is something like appox. 45 other states.

AND you couldn't pass legislation through the GOP State Senate if your life depended on it.
Your arrogance is only making that worse. Why is it so difficult for you to show some EMPATHY?

Old 02-20-2014, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Why do we need your tax contributions?
Good question. That's what I'm asking you.
Aside from state prisons and Niagara Falls, what do you guys do for downstate? Give us water. Let's be honest here.

Old 02-20-2014, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Good question. That's what I'm asking you.
Aside from state prisons and Niagara Falls, what do you guys do for downstate? Give us water. Let's be honest here.
Answer the rest of the post if you want me to treat you with equal respect.
I won't leave my hopes up. You know a few months ago Cuomo sent a newsletter through email about how recreational marijuana would have been legalized here in NY STATE if not for the GOP State Senate here. And we agree with NYC here in Western NY 99% of the time. But you don't listen to that at all, just like you don't even bother giving a respectable reply right now.

I know you're a good person, SeventhFloor, and I love NYC, but you folks are seriously ticking us off.
Intentionally.

We would have a lot more legislation through the state senate if you would stop making enemies of every county outside of your beloved city.
AGAIN why is it so difficult for you to show some empathy? Are you trying to be the next Texas?

Old 02-20-2014, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Answer the rest of the post if you want me to treat you with equal respect.
I won't leave my hopes up. You know a few months ago Cuomo sent a newsletter through email about how recreational marijuana would have been legalized here in NY STATE if not for the GOP State Senate here. And we agree with NYC here in Western NY 99% of the time. But you don't listen to that at all, just like you don't even bother giving a respectable reply right now.

I know you're a good person, SeventhFloor, and I love NYC, but you folks are seriously ticking us off.
Intentionally.
It's not intentional....but you guys are searching for validation through what achievements exactly.....and I'm being serious. Not even being funny.

Old 02-20-2014, 12:15 AM

I don't want validation. I know we are screwed up. NYC isn't perfect either. I just want to get legislation through the state senate without our most populous city in the state ticking off every county outside of their locality, then getting upset about what they did and proposing an idea to retreat and secede from the state of NY because of it.

If you are wondering why that makes me so extremely upset, it's because I am not a redneck but regardless of what I feel or what I think you don't care and you see only what you want to see.

And yet, what bothers you? Corruption. And what is your question? What we offer you.
I'm sure Wall Street offers you quite a lot. So go ahead, take away NY counties from NYC. Pull away from everything else. Stand alone and remember to message me privately about how you feel when wall street literally controls not only your city but your entire state legislation.

Oh, wait ... it already does. And yet, what was the point you totally ignored? IT MIGHT NOT IF YOU WOULD STOP BEING SUCH AN ***HOLE.

Old 02-20-2014, 12:18 AM

Quote:
I don't want validation. I know we are screwed up. NYC isn't perfect either. I just want to get legislation through the state senate without our most populous city in the state ticking off every county outside of their locality, then getting upset about what they did and proposing an idea to retreat and secede from the state of NY because of it.

If you are wondering why that makes me so extremely upset, it's because I am not a redneck but regardless of what I feel or what I think you don't care and you see only what you want to see.

And yet, what bothers you? Corruption. And what is your question? What we offer you.
I'm sure Wall Street offers you quite a lot. So go ahead, take away NY counties from NYC. Pull away from everything else. Stand alone and remember to message me privately about how you feel when wall street literally controls not only your city but your entire state legislation.

Oh, wait ... it already does. And yet, what was the point you totally ignored? IT MIGHT NOT IF YOU WOULD STOP BEING SUCH AN ***HOLE.
You still believe in the government??? Haha you 99 percenter. I'm screwed and you're screwed too. It's a bit too late to start dumping tea in the harbor. But I applaud your initiative. Are you employed? Just be thankful you have a job, get married (if you're not already) and stay alive long enough to see your kids have kids.

Old 02-20-2014, 12:19 AM

Marijuana will pass just to pacify the working stiffs (I'm waiting).

Old 02-20-2014, 12:22 AM

Quote:
You still believe in the government??? Haha you 99 percenter. I'm screwed and you're screwed too. It's a bit too late to start dumping tea in the harbor. But I applaud your initiative. Are you employed? Just be thankful you have a job, get married (if you're not already) and stay alive long enough to see your kids have kids.
I know we are both screwed. I'm not talking to your mayor. I'm talking to you. I'm not starting a war. I'm just trying to get both western NY and NYC to treat each other with respect. I am not a redneck but I still get called a redneck just because of where I live. I want to be your brother.

Can't we be friends? You can give us Pizza and we can give you Buffalo Wings.
CMON!!! Let's stop fighting each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City