Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 03:41 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,993,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
There's no reasoning with people like him. Why bother? I seriously do respect that he at least admits total disarmament is the goal. I'm so tired of hearing BS liberal politicians spewing, "As an American, I totally respect the 2nd Amendment...," before they crap all over it (and us).

There can be no such thing as compromise because of people like blimin. They're not interested in "give and take", the ultimate goal is to "take". Their only problem is that it is people like me they expect will do the actual taking for them, and that's not going to happen.

I know the current court has ruled otherwise for now but the current court is grossly misinterpreting the second amendment by removing the need for it to be an organized militia. All one has to do is spend one day reading responses here to see why it is a stupid idea why people should have guns... oh well someday the court will be changed and so will the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 03:46 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Here like new York its not easy the la guardia law system? Not easy to get one but nothing compared to what the courts will do to you if you use it
And my friend that is if you use it for any reason under any circumstances bad news your problems have not ended they are just beginning when you draw that gun
Get a swimming pool bad news. get a pit bull bad news but a permit to carry
the worst

Old 02-24-2014, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc33433 View Post
What about people that hunt?

Sorry unless the animals are armed and it is a fair fight it is just another expression of weak individuals who are on a power trip... I would only support target practice and even then under strict rules where long guns are locked up and secure upon leaving the target range

Old 02-24-2014, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
Except for when criminals, who typically have firearms anyway despite laws, decide to attack law abiding citizens who over 5 minutes away from emergency services.

Which happens not frequently but, it happens enough that a person has a legitimate reason to have a firearm in their own home.

Your statement is invalid, wrong, incorrect, morally indefensible, intellectually bankrupt and, stupid.

Just because I concede that some strung-out narcissist should be denied a weapon in no way de-legitimizes the principle of firearms ownership for people who just want to be able to defend their own homes. Saying a person shouldn't have a gun because we have cops is like saying we shouldn't have fire extinguishers because we have firemen...

Moderator cut: Personal attack All that you say is pure bunk. Keep posting though you prove my points very well even down to your selected screen name. Since when is a fire extinguisher a lethal weapon? But again thanks for playing and proving my point. As for the criminals simple- anyone caught with a gun and uses it in the commission of any crime immediately gets 50 years tacked on to what ever sentence they get or don't get if they are found not guilty of the first offense. There is no defense to a weapons charge it either is or it is not

Last edited by bmwguydc; 02-25-2014 at 09:33 PM.. Reason: Personal attack

Old 02-24-2014, 05:16 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,282,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
There's no reasoning with people like him. Why bother? I seriously do respect that he at least admits total disarmament is the goal. I'm so tired of hearing BS liberal politicians spewing, "As an American, I totally respect the 2nd Amendment...," before they crap all over it (and us).

There can be no such thing as compromise because of people like blimin. They're not interested in "give and take", the ultimate goal is to "take". Their only problem is that it is people like me they expect will do the actual taking for them, and that's not going to happen.
I think you're right. Sad thing is guys like this are what cause this country to buckle under frivolous lawsuits and needless investigations and, this is after I tried to say, in effect, yea there's guy who shouldn't get guns. I even agree that people shouldn't get them unless they pass basic marksmanship. I can agree that licenses for guns should be at least as in-depth as vehicle licenses but, well... just read this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilmin View Post
All that you say is pure bunk. Keep posting though you prove my points very well even down to your selected screen name. Since when is a fire extinguisher a lethal weapon? But again thanks for playing and proving my point. As for the criminals simple- anyone caught with a gun and uses it in the commission of any crime immediately gets 50 years tacked on to what ever sentence they get or don't get if they are found not guilty of the first offense. There is no defense to a weapons charge it either is or it is not
Really? One of his points to counter my argument is ...my screen name (which was only borne from the inconvenience of having catchy screen names taken like "XBeef")... wow, and that he would "show the authorities". He says the current court misinterpreted the text. Justice Scalia ruled that the use of "the people" in the 2nd Amendment refers to "every individual person as the use of 'the people' in the 1st and 4th and 5th Amendments also refers to every individual person".

Last edited by bmwguydc; 02-25-2014 at 09:34 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted text

Old 02-24-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
I think you're right. Sad thing is guys like this are what cause this country to buckle under frivolous lawsuits and needless investigations and, this is after I tried to say, in effect, yea there's guy who shouldn't get guns. I even agree that people shouldn't get them unless they pass basic marksmanship. I can agree that licenses for guns should be at least as in-depth as vehicle licenses but, well... just read this...

Really? One of his points to counter my argument is ...my screen name (which was only borne from the inconvenience of having catchy screen names taken like "XBeef")... wow, and that he would "show the authorities". He says the current court misinterpreted the text. Justice Scalia ruled that the use of "the people" in the 2nd Amendment refers to "every individual person as the use of 'the people' in the 1st and 4th and 5th Amendments also refers to every individual person".

Scalia is a hack and he and people like him are what is wrong with this country. But as I said the court is like a pendulum and swings back and forth. You just hope that the other branches of government have the courage to tell it like it is.

You can't have it both ways you can't pick and choose people to have guns because who does the picking. And why wouldn't it be a violation of YOUR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS if someone decides you can't have one because you are crazy.

But believe me, I understand the need of some individuals to have their big phallic symbol toys to make up for their lack of manhood.

Old 02-24-2014, 05:36 PM

"Scalia is a hack", you sound pretty angry to me mm-hmm. u surprised a gun guy can reed?

u mad bro?

Sounds like -you're- the one with the anger issues. Ah how amusing it is to have a laugh at the expense of someone whose blood pressure is elevated when they are confronted with things like ...oh... logic, fact and, truth.

I never once said it is a violation of the 2nd Amendment to deny people weapons that are almost hallucinogenic. I said it was a violation to deny the civilian population in general access to firearms as evidenced by your own statement, "Perfectly normal law abiding citizens have no need for guns".

Old 02-24-2014, 05:38 PM

19,047 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Have you seen how the new extreme anti-gun laws worked out for CT? Estimates are that 20k-100k people completely ignored the law. Get ready for NY to do the same, and in MUCH higher numbers, come April 15th when our registration is supposed to take effect.

That's the point we're at now: new feel-good guns laws directed at otherwise law-abiding citizens will just be ignored. Come enforce them, if you can find people willing to do it.

Old 02-24-2014, 05:46 PM

Allows law enforcement officials to pre-emptively seize one's firearms without a warrant or court order when there is probable cause the individual is mentally unstable or intends to use the weapons to commit a crime.

...this was taken from a summary of the CT and upcoming NY laws and... that's bad. Just too much potential for the wrong people's houses to get busted into y'know? Cops might be looking for a guy that moved and the new tenant gets popped by mistake and nothing happens to the cops because of "probable cause" and "no warrants required".

Truth be told I wish guns weren't necessary. I wish they would all rust and seize up in a civilized society that never sees them to use but, as long as somebody thinks they can rob somebody else because the cops are too far away, then it's the right of a business owner or resident to be able to defend himself, to include using lethal force. As long as there's some boyfriend who is unable to move on when the girl finds a dude who isn't crazy, then the right of that girlfriend to have a weapon to use against that guy.

I wish nobody to get hurt but, if a bad guy is determined to use force, it is a defender"s natural right to defend ourselves with force.

Old 02-24-2014, 05:57 PM

943 posts, read 1,198,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser199 View Post
What a bunch of bull. If you are a witnesses being threatened you'd be protected. If any federal prosecutor was threatened, people would go to jail. There are always resources to protect federal witnesses and prosecutors. I spent many years in the business.

Get a big dog or move to a place like Nevada or Arizona where everyone except convicted felons can carry a gun.
You misunderstood what I said. It wasn't the prosecutor which was threatened, it was a witness/victim that was threatened, while they took the details of the crime and threat, they agent said that it's unlikely it will lead to a conviction or a charge due to the lack of resources the agency has. This was in 2013.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City