Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 03:01 PM

1,871 posts, read 4,266,129 times

Advertisements

Go outside, tell him you like his music (even if you don't) but that you'd appreciate it if he would rotate his location in the neighborhood. If that doesn't work, then keep at 311.

I'd go nuts too if someone beat drums right outside my window every day. I bet Spike Lee would even complain -- but then again he lives in a mansion on the Upper East side so he doesn't have to deal with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 03:09 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,651,799 times
Why was it important to mention the guy race? Is his race the most important thing here or is it the noise he is making. Your thread could have just said, guy beating on buckets outside my window. Maybe some mental issue is at play.

Old 02-28-2014, 03:51 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,127,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Why was it important to mention the guy race? Is his race the most important thing here or is it the noise he is making. Your thread could have just said, guy beating on buckets outside my window. Maybe some mental issue is at play.
The PC police from South Carolina have somehow found this thread.

OP- I read sometimes when uninvited people are hanging out on your front stoop, you can poor honey all over it so they won't do the same thing the next day. Of course this would only work if it's not possible for him to just move a few feet down and end up closer to your window

Old 02-28-2014, 03:54 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,992,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
It is official, NYC is inhabited by a bunch of weenies! *LOL*

Someone making noise on a NYC street is *NOT* a new phenomenon. You want to tell him to knock it off. Or, if you feel not up to that task that is what your local NYPD station is there for, give them a ring on the telephone.

one man's noise is another man's symphony.... and local NYPD could care less about this guy nor should they, If you don't like the sounds of the city move. There are city mice and there are country mice and it sounds like you are the latter/

Old 02-28-2014, 04:00 PM

31,904 posts, read 26,961,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilmin View Post
one man's noise is another man's symphony.... and local NYPD could care less about this guy nor should they, If you don't like the sounds of the city move. There are city mice and there are country mice and it sounds like you are the latter/
Err, no.

Don't care if it is beating of drums, blasting of music devices, or loud/screaming conversations, take it elsewhere and not in front of my home. Have no problems telling anyone doing such things to get on their bike. In true NYC fashion will open the window and let them have it; if that doesn't work will go outside and have a few quiet words. Depending upon my "prey" will have my baseball bat or pop the car trunk for a tire iron just for "show" you understand.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:06 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,427,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
What neighborhood is this, OP?
Midtown

Old 02-28-2014, 04:18 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,427,042 times
Quote:
Because if a white guy did that in a black neighborhood he would have the you know what beaten out of him. You don't think me being WHITE would have anything to do with it....GET REAL BRO.

He does it here because :

1. Dumb tourists give him money (white neighborhood)

2. White People get scared to confront guys like him...like me !

Sorry but I don't do the affirmative action thing.

And again to make it very clear. I LOVE MUSIC. Maybe if he was a little more talented and added a few (believe it or not) horns or melody to his music it would be soothing BUT he plays the same nursery school beat over and over again.

Do any of you remember the cross eyed kid who used to jam out in the 42st. Times Square station years ago ? He actually made it onto MTV. He was WONDERFUL. Then for the past few years all the fakes have tried to imitate him but couldn't.

Remember when break dancers did it to Hip Hop ( Freeze AEIOU or Afrika Bambatta's The Perfect Beat or even Jam On It ) ? Now they do it to Michael Jackson !

Get some talent or get off my block ! Don't litter my neighborhood with ghetto garbage that you wouldn't do in your own hood.

Is that's racist then so be it.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:54 PM

34,082 posts, read 47,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Midtown
Midtown?? I would imagine that it's a pretty noisy neighborhood to begin with!

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-28-2014, 05:01 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,992,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Midtown?? I would imagine that it's a pretty noisy neighborhood to begin with!
Exactly my point. You don't move to midtown Manhattan and then complain about noise. The "noise' was there before you and will be there long after you.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:06 PM

338 posts, read 677,107 times
Quote:
I thought the same thing. Why bring race into it? It's not as though we need to identify the guy.

That said, that s*** is annoying as hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: