Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2008, 03:39 AM

364 posts, read 739,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QW1GUY View Post
NO. I KNOW ENOUGH PEOPLE ON A BROOM TISSUE TO GIVE ME A MORE OPEN MINDED VIEW.
Unless Queens has every college student within the DSNY, and people running for father of the year. I will stay with guys who are tired of bouncing, and that cannot hack the truck. lol I will also be willing to bet that the amount of guys taking college courses that are broom operators is less than 25 out of every district in the city.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:08 AM

26 posts, read 56,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Tuesdays View Post
Unless Queens has every college student within the DSNY, and people running for father of the year. I will stay with guys who are tired of bouncing, and that cannot hack the truck. lol I will also be willing to bet that the amount of guys taking college courses that are broom operators is less than 25 out of every district in the city.
NOT DISAGREEING WITH YOU. JUST SPEAKING FOR A HANDFUL THAT I KNOW. THE REALITY IS THERE ARE SLUGS HOLDING TISSUES ALL OVER THE CITY. MY OPINION OF THE WORST IS FBF TO BROOM TO SUPERVISOR. THE ONES THAT I KNOW ARE TOTALLY LOST.

Old 03-16-2008, 02:21 PM

364 posts, read 739,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QW1GUY View Post
NOT DISAGREEING WITH YOU. JUST SPEAKING FOR A HANDFUL THAT I KNOW. THE REALITY IS THERE ARE SLUGS HOLDING TISSUES ALL OVER THE CITY. MY OPINION OF THE WORST IS FBF TO BROOM TO SUPERVISOR. THE ONES THAT I KNOW ARE TOTALLY LOST.
Agreed 100%

Old 03-16-2008, 04:22 PM

125 posts, read 266,395 times
sorry but would someone please explain what a "broom tissue" is?

Old 03-16-2008, 04:35 PM

26 posts, read 64,793 times
I agree there also but,if you know someone when you get on or have family then I have no problem with that.There are many that get there "hooks" by going to the society meetings( kissing ass ) and have no shame in doing so.It's funny to watch these people at work...when they see any kind of brass they slober all over themselves! You dont have to know anyone to get promoted either! Chief Harbin which is a three star never knew anyone but always was very good at what he did.These Chiefs no the phonies ( kiss asses ) and they no just how to utilize them. In every job it's always nice to have that person that can lick your butt clean time and time again.

Old 03-16-2008, 04:44 PM

191 posts, read 874,014 times
i know some guys on brooms..ones a pain in the ass,not a bad guy but a handful.can a guy get forced to a broom if he is hard to get along with?

i know another guy who is well liked,good people.guess he likes it.

whats the bad parts of a broom tissue ?long route,being alone, driving all day,

Old 03-16-2008, 06:20 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,062,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabesanitationguy View Post
sorry but would someone please explain what a "broom tissue" is?

I am trying to figure that out as well,going to go out on a limb and say it is the street sweeper/mechanical broom. Those things are noisy and go very slow,seen one of them stall at a light once,took the guy about 5 minutes before he got it moving again,the engine was running but it wasn't going forward or backward.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:01 PM

143 posts, read 332,191 times
What i'm taking in from all of this is ....that a "broomie" ranks very low at DOS. Is that the overall feeling here?

Old 03-16-2008, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
I am trying to figure that out as well,going to go out on a limb and say it is the street sweeper/mechanical broom. Those things are noisy and go very slow,seen one of them stall at a light once,took the guy about 5 minutes before he got it moving again,the engine was running but it wasn't going forward or backward.
A TISSUE IS WHEN YOU LOCK IN A PARTICULAR JOB AND SHIFT WITH DSNY.BROOM IS THE MECHANICAL STREET SWEEPER. BROOM TISSUE IS USUALLY 7AM TO 3PM OR 6AM TO 2PM. A JUNIOR BROOM PERSON COULD ALSO WORK 8AM TO 4PM AND ON OCCASION 12AM TO 8AM. THERE ARE SOME MORE DETAILS THIS IS A BROAD DESCRIPTION.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:19 PM

Some Info For Low Dsny List #s. If You Have Violations, Unpaid Fines Or Suspensions On Your Drivers License Fix It Now You Wont Be Able To Hide It From Dcas. They Require A Printout Of Your License From Dmv During Final Processing. Have Your H.s. Diploma Or Ged Available. I Lost It Wont Cut It.if Your Doing Illegal Drugs Stop You Will Be Tested. If Your Using Prescription Drugs You Better Have A Prescription In Your Name. If You Have Ever Been Arrested You Will Need A Certificate Of Disposition From Court.more Info To Follow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City