Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2008, 10:43 PM

208 posts, read 438,673 times

Advertisements

Quick question, I see trucks going to jersey all the time, is that gig one run and go home or keep going back and forth til 8 hours is up. Do you get overtime if say you get stuck in traffic on the way back from a dumping run? Thanks.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:47 AM

125 posts, read 266,373 times
thanx for the reply

Old 03-17-2008, 10:03 AM

38 posts, read 106,177 times
2 runs to jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Charge View Post
Quick question, I see trucks going to jersey all the time, is that gig one run and go home or keep going back and forth til 8 hours is up. Do you get overtime if say you get stuck in traffic on the way back from a dumping run? Thanks.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:15 PM

32 posts, read 74,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QW1GUY View Post
Some Info For Low Dsny List #s. If You Have Violations, Unpaid Fines Or Suspensions On Your Drivers License Fix It Now You Wont Be Able To Hide It From Dcas. They Require A Printout Of Your License From Dmv During Final Processing. Have Your H.s. Diploma Or Ged Available. I Lost It Wont Cut It.if Your Doing Illegal Drugs Stop You Will Be Tested. If Your Using Prescription Drugs You Better Have A Prescription In Your Name. If You Have Ever Been Arrested You Will Need A Certificate Of Disposition From Court.more Info To Follow.

This is the most important type of info for you guys......you will have plenty of time to learn about tissues, shrank, round robbins, relays........

Right now, get your documents in order. Everything from your HS diploma to your correct birth certificate (with the raised seal), SS card......everything. One missing piece and your shown the door. You can come back with it after you get it but everyone with all the right paperwork goes ahead of you in seniority if you miss a class.

Get a class B CDL with airbrake and tank endorsements now.......you will skip the CDL class and possibly go 1 class ahead in seniority (unless you are in the first class in anyway, I believe).

When you are called, read your mailings carefully......follow them to the letter. When you are sent running around the city to doctors, do it that day. Don't put it off.

You need proof of residence.....if you live with mom and dad and have no bills from the house in your name you will have a problem. Put the phone in your name now so you will have a bill in your name.

Go to the nearest corner basket to your house at 2am and drag it across the street, then lift it over your head. Then go back across the street and lift it over your head.......and so on. Do this 285 times. Now your ready for your thirty first work day........

Old 03-17-2008, 03:02 PM

39 posts, read 121,781 times
Default good info

Thanks that is the stuff that I wanna read when I look at this.

I have original social security card, birth certificate, disposition from one arrest a while ago

I have a CDL B permit with air brakes, tank and no restriction, cannot afford to take a course to get the license, my list # is 135 hopefully very early

I have credit card bills and bank records from when I resided in the city from June 07 to Jan 08, recently moved back to nassau but according to the notice these were the acceptable dates

I think I have my HS diploma, if I cant locate it, I have my official college transcripts, so does that cover it?

Ready to take any necessary tests and run to doctors right away Im home on umployment and will go at the drop of a hat

My driver license record should be clean, no tickets, no suspensions no violations, but I have had a few accidents....

I guess I should lift the nice easy Nassau county baskets now early in the am? Anything else Im missing is helpful, thanks.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:13 PM

125 posts, read 266,373 times
happy St.Patricks day people

Old 03-17-2008, 06:07 PM

26 posts, read 56,225 times
Little More Info...if You Are Behind In Child Support Try To Catch Up. Once You Are Otj If You Are Behind Dsny Will Take Huge Chunks Of Your Check. I Have Seen Guys Get $10 Paychecks. Dsny Will Not Negotiate A Payment Plan If You Are Behind They Are Required To Take It.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:00 PM

300 posts, read 659,281 times
I had to get a copy of my birth certificate a few years back .. I ordered a copy from the Department of Records so is that good enough ???

Old 03-17-2008, 08:05 PM

300 posts, read 659,281 times
I just looked at it its not a photocopy , its an actual copy from the city ... I don't think it's a problem.( I think i answered my own question)...

Old 03-17-2008, 09:58 PM

38 posts, read 106,177 times
i believe you need to have prove residency on the date you took the test and the date the list was established correct me if im wrong other otj guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City