Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2008, 02:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,071 times

Advertisements

ive been serching around and i cant find when the next dates for the sanitation test is can any 1 help me?

Old 03-21-2008, 02:25 PM

196 posts, read 425,663 times
my friend told me he got a letter from sanitation to come in April 14 I don't know if he was playing around but thats what he told me

Old 03-21-2008, 02:27 PM

196 posts, read 425,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindeadracer View Post
ive been serching around and i cant find when the next dates for the sanitation test is can any 1 help me?
I think it will be sometime in the year 2011

Old 03-21-2008, 03:48 PM

502 posts, read 1,008,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grins View Post
my friend told me he got a letter from sanitation to come in April 14 I don't know if he was playing around but thats what he told me
He must be kidding.....If they sent any letters out, some people on here would have gotten one too....

Old 03-21-2008, 06:58 PM

74 posts, read 280,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the commisioner View Post
i dont know where you got your info but they are talking about LAYING guys off.i dont think they will hire any body until maybe the end of the year.They wouda sent preemplyment if they were gonna hire by the summer.
cdl classes start next month. i would think there gonna start hiring soon after that. most likely july.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:23 PM

143 posts, read 332,170 times
JUNE will be one year since testing. I thinks the basic denomination is to "HIRE A CERTAIN NUMBER" Per year....for FOUR YEARS! Thereafter the list will expire. The question is how many? But as far as "when" the hiring starts...there must be a decided # for this first year since the exam. I'm sure alot of you OTJ guys were hired well within the first "12 month" time frame of YOUR EXAM. ..............what say yous?

Old 03-21-2008, 11:33 PM

502 posts, read 1,008,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRaPsHu View Post
JUNE will be one year since testing. I thinks the basic denomination is to "HIRE A CERTAIN NUMBER" Per year....for FOUR YEARS! Thereafter the list will expire. The question is how many? But as far as "when" the hiring starts...there must be a decided # for this first year since the exam. I'm sure alot of you OTJ guys were hired well within the first "12 month" time frame of YOUR EXAM. ..............what say yous?
I agree with that. I'm sure unless something really major happens in NYC that hiring will begin in the summer. I read something earlier and I just want to emphasize it.......There are a lot of different things we need to bring with us when they call....Birth certificate, bills showing residency, any court papers, at least a cdl permit with proper endorsements, HS diploma or GED, driving record from DMV...Keep that in mind everyone, be prepared when they call. I am taking my road test for the CDL April 2nd....Everyone wish me luck....Although you'll see that once you study the pre-trip....It's not as hard as everyone makes it out to be....

Old 03-22-2008, 09:39 AM

77 posts, read 142,814 times
My friend is otj and he told me that he went to a union meeting and they said that they are hiring two classes and then the list will have a freeze on it after that. He said that the classes will be in June and July. I hope he is right. My list is 2** so I should be in one....

Old 03-22-2008, 06:52 PM

300 posts, read 659,281 times
It would be nice to get in June...

Someone said earlier in a post that you need to have a copy of your driving records.. I thought that DCAS does that as a part of their backround check. ?

I have Everything else i can possibly need but that ...

Old 03-22-2008, 06:59 PM

656 posts, read 1,412,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipez View Post
It would be nice to get in June...

Someone said earlier in a post that you need to have a copy of your driving records.. I thought that DCAS does that as a part of their backround check. ?

I have Everything else i can possibly need but that ...
all u got to do is go to DMV and ask for a drivers abstract and pay ten bucks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City