Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2008, 02:37 PM

54 posts, read 110,000 times

Advertisements

just give approximate months and years or write down you have suspensions or moving violations but cant remember when they occured

Old 03-28-2008, 02:48 PM

502 posts, read 1,009,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenseastsanman View Post
just give approximate months and years or write down you have suspensions or moving violations but cant remember when they occured
I just ordered an abstract by mail...If I don't get it by the 9th....I'll do that. Thank's a lot....

Old 03-28-2008, 03:34 PM

162 posts, read 575,256 times
What!!!!!!!!!!! The investigation unit went back 15 years on your driving record Let me add my 2 cents when it comes to getting info on your moving violations record - Last year I had to try to get info on some tickets I had from 14 years ago for a background investigation I was going through for an LE job. Since your DMV drivers abstract only goes back 3 years, I actually called the Main DMV in Albany as well as filled out some forms and mailed it directly to them to get information on tickets from 14 years ago and they responded saying the info was not available. So how are you suppose to list moving violations from over 3 years ago when supposedly there's no info of it the DMV's database?

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenseastsanman View Post
you have to mention your suspensions.I got an abstract the day after pre-employment and I left the section blank then months later I get a letter from the DSNY investigation unit why didnt I mention the 19 suspensions and 23 moving violations I had from 15 years ago.I told them I thought there was nothing on my license since my abstract had nothing on it so thats why I left it blank.So I showed them the abstract which had the date after pre-employment as proof and I still have my job

Old 03-28-2008, 05:26 PM

656 posts, read 1,412,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBoy View Post
What!!!!!!!!!!! The investigation unit went back 15 years on your driving record Let me add my 2 cents when it comes to getting info on your moving violations record - Last year I had to try to get info on some tickets I had from 14 years ago for a background investigation I was going through for an LE job. Since your DMV drivers abstract only goes back 3 years, I actually called the Main DMV in Albany as well as filled out some forms and mailed it directly to them to get information on tickets from 14 years ago and they responded saying the info was not available. So how are you suppose to list moving violations from over 3 years ago when supposedly there's no info of it the DMV's database?

correct me if I'm wrong but the NYPD can look up ur complete driving record from those laptops in their patrol cars....I was talking to a cop once and just out of curiosity I asked him to look me up to see what I had on it.

Old 03-28-2008, 05:40 PM

143 posts, read 332,183 times
DMV DOES NOT remove ANY past moving Violations from their database. As a matter of fact you can go to the TVB section of DMV (second floor) where they hold hearings, check in at the counter....and they can INSTANTLY pull up your Entire past Driving Violations....even 20 years ago. They can't give you a printout but they are helpful with the dates. YOU can't even get access to this stuff from albany. If you can not get this info legally YOURSELF....then neither can they.

Old 03-28-2008, 05:55 PM

143 posts, read 332,183 times
Sorry, when i say.."they" cant get this info i mean "DOS"..or any other city agency for that matter...including NYPD..they are "RESTRICTED" to How Far back they go. Insurance companies , by law is 39 months. Except DWI/DUI stays on for 10 YEARS! Thats why queenseastsanman still got his job.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:13 PM

93 posts, read 177,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsan View Post
GMANHB..................WHAT IS THE PHONE NUMBER FOR DSNY??????????
Salsan the # I called today was 646-885-0917, I believe that's HR. I got that # from garage Q10.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:59 PM

300 posts, read 659,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsan View Post
Yeah but I can't remember all of them......I can't get a full abstract from dmv.....So now what?
Sal Call your Insurance Company they Might be able to Do an Abstract for you ( Full One) ...

now i have a Question ... DO you need the Abstract to bring with you ??
Or are you guys getting it just to use for reference when filling out the forms ?????

Old 03-28-2008, 07:01 PM

656 posts, read 1,412,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipez View Post
Sal Call your Insurance Company they Might be able to Do an Abstract for you ( Full One) ...

now i have a Question ... DO you need the Abstract to bring with you ??
Or are you guys getting it just to use for reference when filling out the forms ?????
the letter does not mention needing an abstract...just helps u out...someone on here said that insurance companies by law cannot look past the last 39 months of ur driving record which I concur on.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:12 PM

300 posts, read 659,310 times
The only reason i ask iis because i never been pulled over, or in an accident in the years i've been driving / never been arrested . So i was just wondering if i needed to get one !?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City