Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2008, 01:40 PM

196 posts, read 425,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBABY2785 View Post
i was arrested in 2003 for a suspended liscense and they found a gun in the car with no bullets so it was an a class misdemeanor and my liscense has been suspended atleast 10 times will this be a problem if i tell them and if i get my cdl liscense will this improve my chances of being hired i dont want to spend all thatmoney to get the liscense and not be hired someone please help me with this question and also i have not been arrested since but i have about 25 moving violatins

I know how you feel i have 4 points on my license for speeding an JUST my luck I get a seatbelt ticket today I hope they don't take points off for that

Old 03-31-2008, 01:41 PM

136 posts, read 293,983 times
yessssss!!!more guys to bounce around lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMANHB View Post
Spoke to my garbage guy today he said that the union said there's a class going in JUNE. I asked him about the layoff and cuts on the job and he said nobody really knows what's going to happen. ALL RUMORS!!!

Old 03-31-2008, 01:47 PM

502 posts, read 1,008,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RETIRED SANMAN View Post
You Go On The Job You Are A Union Member When I Retired In 2004 Union Dues Were $12.00 Per Pay Check You Get Payed Every Thursday It's A Great Job People .good Luck To All .......
So what about the pension????How much tax do they take out????What percentage.....

Old 03-31-2008, 02:01 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,061,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.swiggs View Post
can anyone recommend a CDL driving school in or around Queens? rates? schedule?anyone have a bad [SIZE=2]experience [/SIZE]with a school? Anyone been to All Roads Driving School?
Don't go with Northside Driving School in Ridgewood,Queens. I failed the road test a couple of weeks ago on a school bus. I failed because after I stopped before the tracks,some idiot behind me passed me instead of waiting for me to turn off my hazards after I closed the door to check for an "imaginary train". I took it in maspeth,where there are inactive railroad tracks all over,not to mentioned narrow 2 way streets with tractor trailers double parked. I only took 7 out of the 10 lessons that I paid for. They never rescheduled them,2 lessons were cancelled because of snow and 1 lesson because the instructor was "sick". They want your money and once they have it they could care less what happens to you. It is a business. They give priority to this Red Hook unemployed/welfare group where the city pays the school over people like me. With those people they train them 4 at a time.

The wheel chock on my bus was flat as a pancake,the rearview mirror inside the bus was cracked almost halfway through. They made me practice parallel parking on a bus stop..other times on a hill. My instructor spent a lot of time checking his voicemail,smoking,etc. I plan on taking the road test again sometime next month in Red Hook where there are no bleeping railroad tracks.

Good luck SalSan on your road test this Wednesday. May you get a cool road test examiner unlike me,lol.

I guess I should apologize to the guys who are on otj who post here. My anger is more with Bloomberg and his friends and also to the white collar boys who work in Wall Street.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:10 PM

289 posts, read 746,056 times
Salsan
The more you make the more they take out of your pay check ,just like Uncle Sam ,"NOT SURE OF THE PERCENTAGE " a guess would be around $40.00 per pay period every week .You retire after 20 Year's if you want to or you stay as long as you want to and your Pension goes up each year up to your 30th year you will be ahead of the game once you retire .

Old 03-31-2008, 02:25 PM

143 posts, read 332,170 times
Sorry to hear that Van -10. But how would you fail the road test just by someone passing you by? there must have been more "points" taken for something else. Was the examiner a hard case?

Old 03-31-2008, 03:09 PM

162 posts, read 575,234 times
That's a good fockin idea. That's exactly what I'll do. U know, out of all the DMV personnel that I dealt with either on the phone or in person at the DMV office, NO ONE ever made that suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRaPsHu View Post
DMV DOES NOT remove ANY past moving Violations from their database. As a matter of fact you can go to the TVB section of DMV (second floor) where they hold hearings, check in at the counter....and they can INSTANTLY pull up your Entire past Driving Violations....even 20 years ago. They can't give you a printout but they are helpful with the dates. YOU can't even get access to this stuff from albany. If you can not get this info legally YOURSELF....then neither can they.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:11 PM

162 posts, read 575,234 times
So why did DSNY give QueensEastSanMan a hard time about tickets he received 15 years ago? Obviously they weren't restricted from looking back 15 years into his driving record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRaPsHu View Post
Sorry, when i say.."they" cant get this info i mean "DOS"..or any other city agency for that matter...including NYPD..they are "RESTRICTED" to How Far back they go. Insurance companies , by law is 39 months. Except DWI/DUI stays on for 10 YEARS! Thats why queenseastsanman still got his job.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:12 PM

125 posts, read 266,373 times
hey vantastic sorry about your road test. wish you better luck next time, can't you get your cdl through the mta? i remember you sayin you applied for the bus driver exam i'm gonna do it that way, from the way everything sounds they won't reach our list numbers on this list for sanitation anyway.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:35 PM

147 posts, read 299,217 times
Quick question for those of you who are already OTJ and may remember...

When you needed to show proof of residency, do you remember if you needed more than one document to prove it? I have bank statements, but as of right now thats all I have.Do I absolutely need to bring more than one proof of residency, or will I be fine with just one? I know its always better to bring everything you have, but what if all you have is one thing? Also does it have to include the dates June 1 and December 1 2007 on the document, or will any date within those months be fine? Little confusing.

Last edited by SanMansBro; 03-31-2008 at 03:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City