Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2008, 01:06 PM

876 posts, read 2,141,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TONYTYSON23 View Post
Nothing Thats Dated Between June And December, ... Do I Need Something For Each Month? I Have A Bank Statement For November And Dec3mber..and Of Course I Have Things Like School Records But Theyre From A Few Years Back
You need something from those months. I dont know if you can use your parents utility or land line bills but give that a try. Also try to call hr. There number is on the DSNY web site.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:05 PM

364 posts, read 739,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TONYTYSON23 View Post
Nothing Thats Dated Between June And December, ... Do I Need Something For Each Month? I Have A Bank Statement For November And Dec3mber..and Of Course I Have Things Like School Records But Theyre From A Few Years Back
You might try any bill with your name, and a notarized letter from a lawyer that states you reside with your parents and were supported by them during that time. I had to do that for the NYPD when I applied , and was unemployed to receive my residency

Old 04-04-2008, 06:07 PM

21 posts, read 65,678 times
Default Residency Proof

I Just Called Geico And They Are Gonna Send Me Itemized Statements For May Through January,.. The Letter Says You Can Use A Motor Vehicle Insurance Bill,. So Im Guessing Thats The Same, It has my name, dates, and address.. What Do U Think? Will That Be Good Enough?

Old 04-04-2008, 07:28 PM

300 posts, read 659,216 times
just a couple more days for the first group of eligibles to go for pre-employment... Goodluck everyone and let us know what happened !!

Old 04-04-2008, 09:21 PM

289 posts, read 745,902 times
Hello Guy's And Gal's
Just Wanted To Wish You All Good Luck ,take Good Care Of Your Body Once You Get On The Job Dress For The Weather Use The Correct Glove's If It Rain's Wear The Rubber One's ,don't Let Your Hand's Get Cold And Wet You Won't Have Pain Now But When You Get Older You Will Believe Me,i Did 21 Year's It Will Catch Up To You Jumping Off The Running Board Will Catch Up To Your Leg's And Back .be Safe All The Time.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:10 PM

105 posts, read 287,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RETIRED SANMAN View Post
Hello Guy's And Gal's
Just Wanted To Wish You All Good Luck ,take Good Care Of Your Body Once You Get On The Job Dress For The Weather Use The Correct Glove's If It Rain's Wear The Rubber One's ,don't Let Your Hand's Get Cold And Wet You Won't Have Pain Now But When You Get Older You Will Believe Me,i Did 21 Year's It Will Catch Up To You Jumping Off The Running Board Will Catch Up To Your Leg's And Back .be Safe All The Time.
hey retired sanman..the advice you gave is on the money. Just wanted to know what garage (old school..."district") where you from? Right now i work in district 52... old language)

Old 04-05-2008, 12:20 AM

105 posts, read 287,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
I spoke to FBF and the cld classes is starting next week. I really dont know how they can be hiring more after what I read in the paper last week. They plan on laying off 609 san men, 3,872 cops, 500 firemen. The city needs money and I dont see another way of getting it. I was told the city has a hire to fire plan. They hire a new class just to lay them off. I dont know how true this is but I think it sucks. Many people quite jobs to take this job.
I hope that there are no layoffs since I just started in 06 and might be part of the layoff. Does anyone know if city time from other agencies count when they do layoffs. I know if you worked for police, fire, or mta that counts but what about other agencies. Thanks.
the last time there where lay offs.... the city payed dearey.(at least in my garage)OT>> OT>> OT overtime) routes not finished relays at night not up to specs no 2 relays to nj "this truck is down... broken whatever... just 1 relay... you get the picture.. dont know where you work..IF you want to keep your job DONT RUN AND DUMP..that is what has ruined this job.. in the morning look at your 350 it says you are ALLOWED 8 hours to do the route you are not a slave... you are allowed 8 hrs to complete your work...TAKE ALL YOUR BREAKS you are allowed this. BTW i started in the bronx... i dont need to hear from anybody who was brainwashed about how the bronx "carires the weight" i have done my capacity ...yeah ..bronx used to be two loads.. BECAUSE they where ccc20 yard'ers now mack 25 yrders..... you hear what iam saying... 20yd money was dirrerent than 25yd and (side loader way back) money STOP dumping for dollars...just my opiniion a member of a "rebel" garage

Old 04-05-2008, 07:42 AM

502 posts, read 1,008,849 times
THIS IS THE NEW INFO ON THE SANITATION WEBSITE: FOR ANYONE WHO WAS CURIOUS ABOUT HOW FAR INTO THE LIST THEY WERE GOING.........

[LEFT]The current Sanitation Worker list from civil service exam # 6063 was established on Feb. 20, 2008 and will expire on Feb.19, 2012. Any candidate who passed the written exam # 6063 and has list # below 3,700 but was not scheduled for the physical test should visit the DCAS website for further instructions. If you passed your physical test and your list # is 634 and below, letters for Pre - Orientation were mailed during April, 2008. If you failed to receive a Pre - Orientation letter, call Sanitation's Human Resources at (646) 885-0900. It must be noted that your address must be current during the duration of this list. Any changes must be submitted to: [/LEFT]
DCAS
1 Centre Street 21st floor
New York N.Y. 10007
Attn. Certification Unit

Old 04-05-2008, 07:45 AM

502 posts, read 1,008,849 times
THIS WAS CHANGED A LITTLE TOO:

The current starting salary of a Sanitation Worker is $31,200 per year. The current labor agreement provides for periodic increases to a maximum of $67,141 after 5 1/2 years. In addition to the basic annual wages, Sanitation Workers may also earn differential payments based on their specific assignment and overtime.

Old 04-05-2008, 08:24 AM

5 posts, read 11,670 times
I just called the ## and it said that I was not on an outstand cert and my list # is 2***.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.