Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2008, 07:48 PM

1,121 posts, read 6,551,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC88 View Post
Ok. I've got a question. What if someone took the test, scored highly, are called and haven't reached the age of 21? Do they get disqualified or are they bumped down the list??
They bump you down like mentioned. As long as you'll turn 21 before 2011, and obviously pass everything else, you're good to go...

Old 01-05-2008, 02:41 AM

2 posts, read 5,894 times
when taking the medical exam through dcas how can you fail besides using drugs found in urine or blood work? Is the medical exam base on "well since you showed up I guess you're alive and well, so you pass" Does anybody know anything about the medical exam?

Old 01-05-2008, 10:44 AM

39 posts, read 121,761 times
I think it has to do with all medical history, obesity, seizures, andy operations you've had, any medications you're on. That kind of thing.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:37 AM

1,809 posts, read 7,059,457 times
Hey Wreckerman or anybody else who is otj..do the sanitation trucks have GPS? Do they run on natural gas now instead of diesel? One more thing,did you guys know that there is a DSNY football team? go here index

Old 01-07-2008, 09:20 AM

162 posts, read 575,160 times
Spoke with HR rep directly at DSNY and she said the same thing that the list can't be established until the old one expires on February 18th. They should start calling people before summer for "processing". As far as the CDL was concerned, she said the processing obviously goes quicker if you have the license, but if you don't, have the permit ready so you can take the CDL course through DSNY. And yes, the background check does come last meaning that you have to have the CDL license first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckerman12 View Post
i meant the physical exam when you carry the garbage through the obstacle course.i just called my supervisor because his son just passed the physical but he doesnt know when his son has to get the cdl so ill call floyd bennet field monday see what they say.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:33 AM

That's NOTwhat I'm saying and I'm not trying to discourage anyone either. Trust me when I tell you that I have my own background issues as well.
All I'm doing is repeating what was told to me. You have to have the CDL license before they do the background check. I hope I'm wrong because I'm in the same boat. And yes I agree with you, it does sound like a way to extract a thousand bucks out of someones wallet and not make a commitment to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPrus View Post
So JackiBoy, based on what you're saying, I have to pay to get my CDL training even though I might fail the background check cuz of the disorderly conduct and the accidents, which is definately a possibility. Thats bull**** sounds like a way to extract a thousand bucks out of someones wallet and not make a commitment to them while you're doing it. Thats not right.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:03 PM

74 posts, read 280,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
Hey Wreckerman or anybody else who is otj..do the sanitation trucks have GPS? Do they run on natural gas now instead of diesel? One more thing,did you guys know that there is a DSNY football team? go here index

i think the salt spreaders have gps.the new trucks mite have gps.they all run on diesal.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:20 AM

Hey Wreckerman, did you call floyd bennet field yesterday regarding the CDL license? Also, did hear back from your supervisor regarding his son getting the CDL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckerman12 View Post
i meant the physical exam when you carry the garbage through the obstacle course.i just called my supervisor because his son just passed the physical but he doesnt know when his son has to get the cdl so ill call floyd bennet field monday see what they say.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:50 PM

86 posts, read 155,331 times
wreckerman i am wondering about sanitation pension i no you get half pay after 20 years on the job but that not enough to survive on does the dsny offer other pensions on top of the 20 year and if so do you have to wait 62+ to collect the second penison

Old 01-08-2008, 02:12 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,059,457 times
No pension is eneough to live on alone,face it,most of us won't have any or very little social security income when we retire. It is important to save for retirement outside your pension through a Roth IRA,maximum contribution limit is $5,000. A pension should be only part of your retirement income.

It makes sense if you are still in good health to stay on the job after your 20 yrs of service. Job security,pension/benefits are the main reasons for wanting this job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City