Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2008, 08:56 PM

2 posts, read 4,575 times

Advertisements

How u doin, first time leaving a post, been reading the thread, congrats to every1 that is going thru the process, I have a list number of #45xx hopefully ill get called one day.... quick question, ANY1 THAT HAS BEEN THRU THE MEDICAL DO THEY MAKE YOU TAKE AN EKG EXAM???? I havent heard any1 mention that, any info would be great, thanks

Old 04-15-2008, 09:00 PM

656 posts, read 1,412,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful 1 View Post
How u doin, first time leaving a post, been reading the thread, congrats to every1 that is going thru the process, I have a list number of #45xx hopefully ill get called one day.... quick question, ANY1 THAT HAS BEEN THRU THE MEDICAL DO THEY MAKE YOU TAKE AN EKG EXAM???? I havent heard any1 mention that, any info would be great, thanks
yes they do

Old 04-15-2008, 11:13 PM

502 posts, read 1,009,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKLYN_DSNY View Post
Oh sh*t sal, I'm sorry to hear that. Good luck on the appeal.
Thanks....We'll see what happens....

Old 04-16-2008, 07:49 AM

93 posts, read 177,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsan View Post
Just to let everyone know.....There is going to be one extra spot for the July class...I won't be in it.....I failed the hearing test because my left ear doesn't hear that well.......I am extremely disappointed, mainly because after speaking to several people at HR....They say that after the classes go in, then I can appeal it....But I have to wait until the next time they are hiring to be called.....I don't think that's fair at all....All this time and now I'm out because of my hearing in one ear....Bottom line is there is absolutly nothing I can do...When they get to my list number, they will send a letter to me telling me explaining why I was disqualified and if I want to appeal.....Like I said, the appeal will apply to the next hiring process....Whenever that is.......
Hi Sal, sorry about what happened. I think I might have a hearing problem too. Do you think you have a problem hearing?

Old 04-16-2008, 08:06 AM

125 posts, read 266,387 times
hey vantastic likewise i wish you all the best on the test this saturday exam 8006........... yeah i'm takin it at Franklin K lane HS at 3:30pm GOOD LUCK!!!!

Old 04-16-2008, 08:28 AM

2 posts, read 3,517 times
For anyone that has gone for the medical already, other than the Xrays what else do they do? The old hand down the pants and cough hernia check? how would you even know if you had a hernia?? Same with back, I think my back is fine, but who knows??Do they make you strip down military stylefor an exam?I am serious, not joking any info appreciated by anyone that took it already, thanks going on Tuesday here.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:49 AM

162 posts, read 575,256 times
Hey Sal,

Sorry to hear what happened. I actually took a hearing test last June for an LE job and the nurse/technician administering the exam said that my hearing in my left ear was slightly elevated. I didn't really ask her to explain what it meant, but maybe that might be the case with your situation as well. You should check into it. The way I was given the exam was that they put me in a booth with a headset and I had to push a red button every time I heard a beep or some other kind of noise.

Quote:
Just to let everyone know.....There is going to be one extra spot for the July class...I won't be in it.....I failed the hearing test because my left ear doesn't hear that well.......I am extremely disappointed, mainly because after speaking to several people at HR....They say that after the classes go in, then I can appeal it....But I have to wait until the next time they are hiring to be called.....I don't think that's fair at all....All this time and now I'm out because of my hearing in one ear....Bottom line is there is absolutly nothing I can do...When they get to my list number, they will send a letter to me telling me explaining why I was disqualified and if I want to appeal.....Like I said, the appeal will apply to the next hiring process....Whenever that is.......

Old 04-16-2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMANHB View Post
Hi Sal, sorry about what happened. I think I might have a hearing problem too. Do you think you have a problem hearing?
I have fluid behind the ear that blocks the sound from going through. I am going to go to the doctor to try a different antibiotic......Hopefully it helps....

Old 04-16-2008, 01:40 PM

142 posts, read 267,851 times
Hey Sal, How did you find out you failed? Do they tell you right there, letter by phone?

Quote:
I have fluid behind the ear that blocks the sound from going through. I am going to go to the doctor to try a different antibiotic......Hopefully it helps....

Old 04-16-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKLYN_DSNY View Post
Hey Sal, How did you find out you failed? Do they tell you right there, letter by phone?
I asked her...She said there is a criteria you have to reach...My left ear didn't reach it.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City