Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2008, 03:24 PM

163 posts, read 328,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the commisioner View Post
its nice to see how everbody is friendly here...wait till u get to the garage and people who got u beat and came on with u are bouncing u around like a pinball.
WooHoo This One Had Me Cracking Up, But dont take it personal EVERYONE Goes Through it

Old 05-08-2008, 04:29 PM

18 posts, read 36,044 times
When I started in 1967 we had a choice if we wanted to join the union or not. If we didn't join, we didn't get any benifits. I don't think they would give you a choice anymore. The reason every one takes this job is for the benifits which are probably the best anywhere. You get what you pay for.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:32 PM

876 posts, read 2,142,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norunner67 View Post
When I started in 1967 we had a choice if we wanted to join the union or not. If we didn't join, we didn't get any benifits. I don't think they would give you a choice anymore. The reason every one takes this job is for the benifits which are probably the best anywhere. You get what you pay for.

Are you still on the job? What do you think about the changes that have came over the years?

Old 05-08-2008, 05:56 PM

14 posts, read 24,083 times
Glad to hear guys are passing out of fbf I start next monday pretty psyched! also took the medical last friday anybody think it is to soon to call tommorow for results. would be cool to hear results before I commit to a $900 course.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:16 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,062,021 times
I passed my CDL road test today,just 5 points deducted. I had 65 points deducted my 1st time. What a difference. SalSan,I saw the guy that you were talking about,he actually had a student ahead of me,he had a pot belly,sunglasses,about 5'6,looked spanish to me. Anyway I got this middle aged white guy,he could barely walk,his foot was twisted,felt sorry for him.

Going back to the road test,did everything except the R/R crossing. I drove for about 20 minutes,weather was dry. While I was driving he sat in the back,so basically I felt like I was driving alone. I had confidence this time around. Class B/P with (S)endorsement.

I have a question,he checked school bus(26,001 lbs or more),air brakes,no restrictions. So I can drive a class B truck or a class B bus right? I wait 10 days,then go the DMV office and bring my regular drivers license along with the road test evaluation form. They will add the Tank endorsement since I passed the written test for that.

I feel so relieved now,but now I have to keep my license clean. All you guys who took it through DSNY at FBF are doing great. Thanks for all the support guys,it goes a long way,it really does.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:53 PM

136 posts, read 267,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfinSan View Post
Glad to hear guys are passing out of fbf I start next monday pretty psyched! also took the medical last friday anybody think it is to soon to call tommorow for results. would be cool to hear results before I commit to a $900 course.
Call tomorrow they should have the results, they call you if you fail before you go to cdl training...they cant put you in a truck if not medically qualified. thay actually took someone out of class this week at fbf for failing his medical.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:32 PM

93 posts, read 177,422 times
Does anyone know how many people have taken the roadtest so far through dsny for the first week total? Just trying to figure out how many they will end up with after they've called 634 and if they are going to call more people for orientation if they don't have enough people. My list # is 68* and I hope they have to call more!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks

Old 05-08-2008, 08:54 PM

142 posts, read 267,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMANHB View Post
Does anyone know how many people have taken the roadtest so far through dsny for the first week total? Just trying to figure out how many they will end up with after they've called 634 and if they are going to call more people for orientation if they don't have enough people. My list # is 68* and I hope they have to call more!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks
Hey GMAN my number is 667 (I'll let you know when I get called, your letter will be right after) and when I called HR last week they said they will have the 200 they need. It looks like we are going to have to wait a little longer were not getting in this round.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:34 PM

502 posts, read 1,009,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
I passed my CDL road test today,just 5 points deducted. I had 65 points deducted my 1st time. What a difference. SalSan,I saw the guy that you were talking about,he actually had a student ahead of me,he had a pot belly,sunglasses,about 5'6,looked spanish to me. Anyway I got this middle aged white guy,he could barely walk,his foot was twisted,felt sorry for him.

Going back to the road test,did everything except the R/R crossing. I drove for about 20 minutes,weather was dry. While I was driving he sat in the back,so basically I felt like I was driving alone. I had confidence this time around. Class B/P with (S)endorsement.

I have a question,he checked school bus(26,001 lbs or more),air brakes,no restrictions. So I can drive a class B truck or a class B bus right? I wait 10 days,then go the DMV office and bring my regular drivers license along with the road test evaluation form. They will add the Tank endorsement since I passed the written test for that.

I feel so relieved now,but now I have to keep my license clean. All you guys who took it through DSNY at FBF are doing great. Thanks for all the support guys,it goes a long way,it really does.
That's great to hear that you passed....Wait a week then go to DMV. I only waited a week. And I didn't bring the road test paper....BUT LISTEN TO ME....I JUST REMEMBERED SOMETHING. YOU MUST BRING THE DOT DOCTOR PROOF WITH YOU. EVEN THOUGH IT IS IN THE SYSTEM, THEY WILL PUT THE RESTRICTION ON THERE IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT....I HAD TO GO HOME AND GET IT BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW. YOU CAN STILL WORK FOR SANITATION WITHOUT IT, BUT WHY HAVE ANY RESTRICTIONS IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO......CONGRATULATIONS.....

Old 05-08-2008, 11:35 PM

502 posts, read 1,009,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKLYN_DSNY View Post
Hey GMAN my number is 667 (I'll let you know when I get called, your letter will be right after) and when I called HR last week they said they will have the 200 they need. It looks like we are going to have to wait a little longer were not getting in this round.
I really, really feel for you guys that just missed the call....It doesn't seem fair, but use this time to get everything you need....Cdl, paperwork together, and hopefully they will call sooner than later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City