Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2008, 10:52 AM

77 posts, read 142,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAPES24 View Post
Did anybody who recently passed their road tests go to DMV yet?? I know we were told it will be like $90+. I just went and the woman charged me $45, I questioned it and she didn't know why. She told me it came up as $45 and not to worry about it.

I just went today and they charged me $65.00. I hate the DMV.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:10 AM

123 posts, read 250,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKLYN_DSNY View Post
That's it you and I are the next lowest numbers on here?
Who is after Gman, in the next 600?

List #73X here. Hoping it won't be too long before we git tha call.
Are you guys going for your CDL's now or will you wait to go to FBF?

Old 05-16-2008, 11:22 AM

1,809 posts, read 7,061,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAPES24 View Post
Did anybody who recently passed their road tests go to DMV yet?? I know we were told it will be like $90+. I just went and the woman charged me $45, I questioned it and she didn't know why. She told me it came up as $45 and not to worry about it.
Even they don't know what is going on at the DMV. I think I read once that the cdl fees depends on how many years are left on your regular drivers license before it expires. Hopefully that will be your last visit to the DMV.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:27 AM

9 posts, read 16,638 times
I am number 89X and I'm think I would be in the next call up but with NYC who knows. I am going to wait and take the CDL at FBF. From what everyone is saying they do a very good job getting you ready for the road test(85% to 90% pass rate).
I know some guys say they don't allways offer it at FBF, if so then we can just call up a school the day we find out and take a few lessons\road test. From what I understand there is some time between the first few steps and the final call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochise View Post
List #73X here. Hoping it won't be too long before we git tha call.
Are you guys going for your CDL's now or will you wait to go to FBF?

Old 05-16-2008, 11:47 AM

143 posts, read 332,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsan View Post
I had a hold on my account because of a job I got fired from years ago. I called all the time, asking for the supervisor, and bothered her so much that finally today she lifted the hold. Praise Jesus for that. She also told me that I will be getting a call by the middle of June, letting me know when to come in for the training in July. So I can finally say I am ready to be hired. I will see some of you guy's then.....
Did you tell them you were fired? If so, does this have to do with the 20 page booklet?

Old 05-16-2008, 11:58 AM

502 posts, read 1,008,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRaPsHu View Post
Did you tell them you were fired? If so, does this have to do with the 20 page booklet?
Yeah, I told them I was fired. I didn't want to take a chance of them finding out and then Firing me....lol. Plus I wanted to be honest. This was in the paperwork we filled out at orientation. I'll put it in the 20 page booklet too. That they check when you are called. But all these things I am cleared from now, I am done with. They won't look into all of that again. I'm guessing like, driving record, arrests, Diploma or g.e.d., etc... will be checked then....

Old 05-16-2008, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnyhopeful View Post
I am number 89X and I'm think I would be in the next call up but with NYC who knows. I am going to wait and take the CDL at FBF. From what everyone is saying they do a very good job getting you ready for the road test(85% to 90% pass rate).
I know some guys say they don't allways offer it at FBF, if so then we can just call up a school the day we find out and take a few lessons\road test. From what I understand there is some time between the first few steps and the final call.
I'll say this again.....I don't know if this is 100% accurate. I was told by a few people to get my CDL License first. The first class it didn't matter if we had it or not.....But after this point, from what I was told.....If you have it, you go first......Then people keep saying "THEY CAN'T SKIP YOU IT GOES BY SENIORITY" But what they don't know, what I didn't know then, was that you can be skipped.....If you are hired in the next round, then your seniority by list number will still be implemented....but they can pass you up.....My advice to all people in the next round....Get your CDL now to be sure....Get a package for $500.....If you can afford more, then more. But I would never wait.......They may train you at floyd bennett field, but pass you up until the next round, depending on how many people they are hiring....

Old 05-16-2008, 02:43 PM

14 posts, read 24,082 times
quick question for some reason i'm not sure of this when checking reverse lights the truck needs to be started correct? sorry for the dumb question i'm pretty sure it needs to be on thanks again

Old 05-16-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfinSan View Post
quick question for some reason i'm not sure of this when checking reverse lights the truck needs to be started correct? sorry for the dumb question i'm pretty sure it needs to be on thanks again
Yeah it has to be on. If it's not you wouldn't be able to get to reverse. Did you train at fbf? I never heard of checking reverse lights....I'm wondering where you leared anything about checking reverse lights....

Old 05-16-2008, 03:03 PM

364 posts, read 739,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
You said you will keep dumping until the union tells you not to. Well the union tells you not to dump too early and dump after lunch. Do you listen to them for that?
Never heard of that sorry go sweep a street , and If I could I would run and dump 3 trucks just to keep you on mlp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City