Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2008, 07:06 PM

300 posts, read 659,232 times

Advertisements

The funny thing is ... If he is this much of an A-hole... I love to know what the others think of him in his garage..... lol

His response will probably be... ohhhh ehh everyone loves me .. hahahaa

Old 05-24-2008, 06:42 AM

54 posts, read 95,055 times
does anyone know what number to call to see what list number they are up to

Old 05-24-2008, 08:30 AM

163 posts, read 328,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Tuesdays View Post
1 year on the job .With no seniority score you did great on the exam. I know exactly who you are. Your one of those guys who did nothing as a sanman, and then turn into a scumbag boss...... lol You will tell stories to all the new workers about how hard it was when you started . Meanwhile you will be working in the Main Office or FBF or sick leave . lol Waiting for the Supers exam so your Uncle or Godfather can tell you what questions will be on the exam...........

Damn I couldnt have said it better!

Old 05-24-2008, 08:51 AM

Default Well Said SanCop

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanCop View Post
Putting in a transfer does not mean you will get it either. My advise is to just deal with where you are put for a while and concentrate on other important things like.......

1. On probation, don't be late.....not even once. Don't go sick......not even once. Don't go Lodi.......not even once.

2. Don't even think of being a no call/no show.

3. Get two alarm clocks with battery back ups.

4. Don't drink the night before work, not even early evening drinking.....that pee truck will be there before you get to work and the breathalizer works real good. Limit is low (.02 or .04, can't remember)

5. If working with another guy on probation, stay off the sidewalk, watch your breaks, don't goof off on MLP........especially out of town.

6. NO ACCIDENTS......even if it is thier fault. Don't let cars squeeze through......take the whole street if it is that tight. Adjust your mirrors and CLEAN THEM......every day. These aren't FBF mirrors......they move all over and are filthy. Carry a small adjustable wrench and a roll of TP.

7. Look before you leap out of the truck......every time. Look before you cross the street or walk out from behind the truck.....even if cars can't fit.....motorcycles and bicycles can.

8. Never cycle the hopper while standing in front of it. Better yet, don't cycle any container of unidentifiable liquid......the Hanley run is in a few days so this is fresh in my mind. Keep it in yours.

9. Before you start work, put both pins in......your jaw will thank you. After dumping relays.....put the pins in. Care about your co-workers who will load the truck at 6AM and might forget.

10. Last and most important........don't drag/lift anything over, across, or with your legs. Every day a guy goes Lodi with a glass cut to the leg, a needle would be worse.
And may I Add... Dont try and be a hero or a superman and attempt to lift a Bag Or Basket that's Way to heavy You have a partner (Dont let pride Get the best of You) You will get hurt

Old 05-24-2008, 09:07 AM

Default Now my two cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
Since we are talking about the future of this job, let me put my two cents in. First running and dumping hurts the job. That is a fact, nothing to debate. Running and dumping causes trucks to get cut. Why run 5 trucks in a section that everyone dumps at 9 with less then 10 tons when you can have 4 trucks in that section and dumping at 10 with more then 10 tons. Not to mention the relay positions that are lost. Those jobs might still exist but instead of relays they are now mlp but what if there is a budget crunch like we have now and they say lets cut back on mlp then some people might be out of a job. If there are relays you cant cut that. You need an empty truck for collection the next day. By the way all said and done relays are so much better then mlp. For mlp you are out in the rain, cold and heat. It doesnt matter the wheather. They expect you out there sweeping. Relays are a lot better job. Now when you are talking about the last contract, yes it sucked for the new guys to have to start at 26k a year(for 6 months) but in the long run its all good because top pay benfits everyone. Also fire and police made the same deal with the mayor. Third turkey you and people like you are a selfish *****hole.

Comming from a selective runner...If And only if the were to make cuts or layoffs...i would choose to not run and then you know what happens...we make charts, thats right we make charts because we wont dump on shift and then there will be to many relays and well they call us to come in on our charts. Just my two cents.

Old 05-24-2008, 09:20 AM

Default Get outta here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsan View Post
No one gets skipped in seniority. If they are hired later on, they still beat you in seniority....

Dont believe the hype, If you get skipped you get skipped period. You may still have a lower list number but you dont have a lower hire date and thats what would count for your seniority.

Old 05-24-2008, 09:51 AM

193 posts, read 393,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big ass tony View Post
The Number should be on the letter they sent you from human resourses.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:17 AM

DSNY - Job Opportunities

Old 05-24-2008, 10:29 AM

502 posts, read 1,008,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman1221 View Post
Dont believe the hype, If you get skipped you get skipped period. You may still have a lower list number but you dont have a lower hire date and thats what would count for your seniority.
So I've heard.....That was just something human resources told me. We already established it thouh, hire date.....

Old 05-24-2008, 10:30 AM

1,809 posts, read 7,059,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big ass tony View Post
paulieboy114 got his letter a couple of days ago,his number is 78X,they should be up to #835,they underestimated the amount of people to send letters to. I don't think they will get the 200 out of #835. The ratio is like 1 out of 4 or 5 get hired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City