Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2008, 03:32 PM

502 posts, read 1,008,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
holy **** it looks like I just made it (#233) i didn't want to be the last one on here to be called...i figured since i got called on wednesday that they would hit at least 270 on friday....damm...lot of people got the same score in this range....looks like the last 5 of my social just made it
I don't think your social matters here. I think everyone that scored 105 is being called.....

Old 06-13-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
Thanks for all the info. I am # 167, I guess I will be in the July class. Does anyone know when in July does it start ?
When are you going for final processing? June 18th?

Old 06-13-2008, 03:39 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,061,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
holy **** it looks like I just made it (#233) i didn't want to be the last one on here to be called...i figured since i got called on wednesday that they would hit at least 270 on friday....damm...lot of people got the same score in this range....looks like the last 5 of my social just made it
167 people got the same score as you did Kuai,according to the updated Roster. 1,659 people scored the same as me. Of course the lower the list numbers the smaller the pool.

Anybody know if D.R Allen(123.75) made it?

Old 06-13-2008, 03:49 PM

I just want to say something to everyone on here that wasn't called yet......Most of you will be in the August class, which is a blessing too. I know we get anxious to get it NOW, but think about those that are in the 1000's and up. They are hoping for the next time around. So if it's August, then that's great too. I know it's easy to say, but I think a month will fly by and then you guys will feel all of this excitment too. So good luck and God bless to all. Let's be positive and keep our heads up.....

Old 06-13-2008, 03:54 PM

300 posts, read 659,281 times
Salsan i agree with what your saying ... I personally dont mind if it is august... i can atleast enjoy some morre of the beautiful weather !! I just wish that when you call up and ask a question you would get a solid answer.. It seems that everyone that calls up gets a different answer than the next guy ... It sucks for the people that are alot more anxious than me .. lol

Old 06-13-2008, 04:05 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,061,186 times
I agree with you SalSan....it really makes no difference if your going in July or August,a lot of people would kill to be in either of those classes. I don't envy you guys,you got a better score than me,eneough said. I have learned a lot from reading these posts the last few weeks, from what documents you need,to all the steps for the medicals. I will hopefully be going through the same things that you guys have been going through in a few years.

Old 06-13-2008, 04:37 PM

131 posts, read 245,086 times
I would really love to know which question I got wrong on the freakin test. That made the difference from getting in July rather than august. The only thing Im nervous about it that they called up to 840. If that is for the second class I dont care, but if it is a backup for a third class Im nervous because they say 3 to 1 make it. If they called up to 840 that means they will only make it up to 540. Thus leaving them the 300 they need for a third class. But I doubt they could be that precise. Anyway best of luck my brothers, i'll keep the list going as needed.

Old 06-13-2008, 05:24 PM

656 posts, read 1,412,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chino_dsny View Post
YOOOO!!! whats good guys... its been a while since i been on here.. busy with work n all... congrats to everyone who got the call n good luck to all those still waiting... i got the call on wednesday... #228... ill be there 6/19 0800hrs... see u there steve! n anyone else who will be there that day... to the rest of u see u on FBF!!! Hey question for any OTJ guys in queens...

anyone know which garages have gyms in them??

n which ones run or stay out??

thanks for the info as always...
yoyoyo chino! long time no see! see ya next thurs!

Old 06-13-2008, 07:38 PM

136 posts, read 267,665 times
Default august??

Im #378 And I Relly Dont Mind Starting In August. Its Only An Extra Month Maybe Month 1/2. The Only Reason Y I Really Wanted July Is To Get Seniority Over The August Class. From What I Heard If They Place You In A Garage You Dont Want You Can Only Get A Transfer When A New Class Comes In....so If I Were In July I Would Get To Trnasfer In Sept With The New Class Coming In...am I Correct, Any One Otj Know How Trnsfers Work??? Either Way Ill Be On The Job Before The Summer Is Up So I Cant Complain.

Old 06-13-2008, 07:41 PM

193 posts, read 393,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsan View Post
I don't think your social matters here. I think everyone that scored 105 is being called.....
Just to let you know the list # is based on your score first then your last five SSN#'s so if you scored a 105 and you last 5 of your SSN is lower than the other you have a lower list #. My brother scored the same as me but his last 5 started with a 4 and mine started with a 9 and he was 25 and i was 75. It can make the difference between July and Aug class even with the same score!

For Merch out there I hope you received a phone call you don't sound like your sure about the date to report? If you didn't get a call, get on the phone first thing Monday and find out for sure!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City