Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2008, 07:00 PM

389 posts, read 774,749 times

Advertisements

I'm making a meaningless post in hopes we can start another page to get past that hideous pic

Old 07-01-2008, 07:18 PM

300 posts, read 659,232 times
Grapes24, Thekuai thanks for the info ... Holy **** that pic is funny .. Where the hell did that come from ??? haahaha

Old 07-01-2008, 07:30 PM

876 posts, read 2,141,696 times
Default July 7, 2008

July 7, 2008 is going to be the appointment date. Your seniority is going to be based on that and your list number. Hopefully it wont be too hot in floyd bent field, in the winter it gets very cold there. There are some districts in brooklyn and queens that are under but from my understanding the bronx and manhatton is where most of you are going. Forget about staten island you wont see it in a long time. Good luck

Old 07-01-2008, 08:30 PM

473 posts, read 931,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 606313X View Post
Does Mac's need you to produce any kind of proof that you are in next week's class such as that yellow appointment notice or can you just walk in with your driver's license and then the DSNY ID nxt week when you pickup? What time do they open?
I have all my paperwork in a folder I brought the folder with me, I went with my cousin who is otj so the salesman didn't give me a hard time but I showed him all the paperwork I had anyway.

As far as the pants are concerned Mac's were $19.99 and they are the correct shade of green they were not dickies they were standard work pants nothing special. To save a $2-$3 and get yourself in trouble isn't worth it especially at fbf where there are going to be a lot of chiefs and supervisors coming to see us.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:41 PM

71 posts, read 130,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 606313X View Post
Does Mac's need you to produce any kind of proof that you are in next week's class such as that yellow appointment notice or can you just walk in with your driver's license and then the DSNY ID nxt week when you pickup? What time do they open?

I went in to Macs today and they didnt ask me for anything but my license. And of course they said that I couldn't pick it up without my id next week.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:02 PM

21 posts, read 48,386 times
First of all...congrats to everyone being appointed next week. Been reading this thread for some while now and it definetely has kept me informed and kept me going. Crazy day at work today and I can't wait to get my real career going. I have a descent list number...17xx. Next week I go for my cdl permit and then hopefully start some practice with the local driving school.
You think I'll make it in this year?

Old 07-01-2008, 11:10 PM

502 posts, read 1,008,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
July 7, 2008 is going to be the appointment date. Your seniority is going to be based on that and your list number. Hopefully it wont be too hot in floyd bent field, in the winter it gets very cold there. There are some districts in brooklyn and queens that are under but from my understanding the bronx and manhatton is where most of you are going. Forget about staten island you wont see it in a long time. Good luck
That stinks.....I didn't want to mention this because some people say one thing and do another....But a friend at my church is a superintendent in Manhattan and he told me he can get me in any garage, if it has an opening.....Whether or not that's true is remained to be seen......I hope it's true....If not, I'll pray for Manhattan over the Bronx. He sais Manhattan always makes more money, and The Bronx is not exactly around the corner....I did a job out there today and it was 60 miles round trip. That was literally $25.00 in gas for my car. Can a superintendent have that kind of pull????

Old 07-01-2008, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willk419 View Post
First of all...congrats to everyone being appointed next week. Been reading this thread for some while now and it definetely has kept me informed and kept me going. Crazy day at work today and I can't wait to get my real career going. I have a descent list number...17xx. Next week I go for my cdl permit and then hopefully start some practice with the local driving school.
You think I'll make it in this year?
Welcome aboard.....That is a decent number......i don't know how many they will hire this year. But you will definatly be hired. Like you said, get your papers and cdl in order so you're ready to go. Some people were skipped for not having their stuff in order. Again, my opinion, get your cdl on your own. When they call again, it's better to have it. Some people failed when they took it through dsny and had no time to get it and got skipped. Don't take that chance. If you are in Brooklyn I know a good place in Sheepshead Bay. $505.00.....

Old 07-01-2008, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABE123 View Post
hey sal what exactly happened when you said you failed the medical you just called up and they said you passed right... just wondering for sanmans case..... and yo sanman did u call them to see what they say.... i would think they would be able to tell you somthing?? i would be down at HR everyday untill i got some dammn answers
Yeah. I did pass but the technician said I didn't when I finished the test. I guess she didn't know the dsny standards.....The thing I don't get is this. How can they not say why someone failed. I would think they would tell so they could go to the doctor.....That's a little weird to me.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:39 PM

231 posts, read 466,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsan View Post
Yeah. I did pass but the technician said I didn't when I finished the test. I guess she didn't know the dsny standards.....The thing I don't get is this. How can they not say why someone failed. I would think they would tell so they could go to the doctor.....That's a little weird to me.
HR doesnt know why anyone fails. Doctor-Patient priviledges. My guess is if someone failed, they should call the medical office and ask them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City