Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2008, 01:49 PM

11 posts, read 18,046 times

Advertisements

First day in ..... 19 years and 364 to go

Old 07-07-2008, 01:58 PM

656 posts, read 1,412,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chino_dsny View Post
Whats up everyone... just got home... we all raced to the uniform place n raced home lol... im guessin all of us who got our stuff from MACs will be posting first... wel its official I'm officially a sanman!!! It was a boring azz day tho.. not so much paperwork compared to talking n talking n talking n oh yeah more talking lol... the highlight was a Dr. (anthropologist) who came in n gave us the history of DSNY. (the only interesting presentation all day as far as im concerned). got our IDs no Shields yet. tomorrow union comes in to talk about benefits n take some more of our money... (dues im guessing) it was cool finally putting faces to most of the names on here. it will be easier to spot everyon else tomorrow when we r all in full uniform n everyone else is still in plain clothes... cant really think of much elseto say... im sure everyone else will add much much more... im off to catch up on some sleep with a nice nap... maybe i can get more than 30mins tongiht,i'm at ease now lol... c u all tomorrow.. n shout out to GRAPES!!! good stuff on the notarizing! lol thanks bro.. peace n garbage grease
her name is dr. robin nagle.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:14 PM

300 posts, read 659,281 times
I read some huge write up about her... she did a stint with the DSNY and went through the whole process and stuff.. she even did the CDL training at FBF.. She seems cool... Well it's good to hear that you survived your first day ... Congrats ~

Old 07-07-2008, 02:19 PM

656 posts, read 1,412,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipez View Post
I read some huge write up about her... she did a stint with the DSNY and went through the whole process and stuff.. she even did the CDL training at FBF.. She seems cool... Well it's good to hear that you survived your first day ... Congrats ~
her cdl instructor was there too...Rizuto....except he is now a supervisor

Old 07-07-2008, 03:02 PM

473 posts, read 932,080 times
Hey guys. It is official. I am a uniformed civil servant.
The day wasn't so bad, usual first day on the job stuff, a lot of info. It was very very boring but I thought it went pretty quick especially after meal.
For all the guys I notarized today, no problem. I drink my coffe with a little milk no sugar and please no half and half. Oh wait I take that back I may get investigated for conflict of interest!!!!

It was good meeting you guys that I haven't met before. For the guys who got their uni's are you all wearing the button downs or tee's tomorrow???

Old 07-07-2008, 03:09 PM

51 posts, read 101,535 times
youll get your coffee grapes...i aint gettin my embroidered stuff till tomorrow even tho i ordered the stuff last wed. so t-shirt for me.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:18 PM

193 posts, read 393,956 times
Yea, we're in first day of the next 20 done!!! Just what you'd expect lots of stuff about what not to do on probation. (late, drugs, alcohol, AWOL) don't get aid until the second week! Got the ID's Official Sanitation Worker. Need 25$ money order for Union on Second Day. Yes, the NYCERS for has to be Notarized and a copy of your birth certificate ready the FIRST DAY, thanks to grapes a lot of guys got it done there. They give you a schedual for the four weeks of training. First 2 weeks are 6-2 after that it depends on what group you get broken down into for the other traing on the Front end Loader (FEL), the Mechanical Broom (Mech Brm), Snow Plows and chains, Fork lift/Lifting/tire change/pressure washing/MLP, Driving (Collection truck). Each group gets 4 nights of night driving. They hold a Blood drive on the last day of training which is back in the classroom ours is the 1st of Aug.
Good Luck to all waiting for Aug call-up. We'll try and keep you updated as training goes on.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:20 PM

193 posts, read 393,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAPES24 View Post
Hey guys. It is official. I am a uniformed civil servant.
The day wasn't so bad, usual first day on the job stuff, a lot of info. It was very very boring but I thought it went pretty quick especially after meal.
For all the guys I notarized today, no problem. I drink my coffe with a little milk no sugar and please no half and half. Oh wait I take that back I may get investigated for conflict of interest!!!!

It was good meeting you guys that I haven't met before. For the guys who got their uni's are you all wearing the button downs or tee's tomorrow???
Tees and shorts, I have better legs than Red!

Old 07-07-2008, 03:44 PM

473 posts, read 932,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe8 View Post
Tees and shorts, I have better legs than Red!
I was going to get a pair of shorts but I was on the fence. I don't know if I would actually wear them.
My birthday is at the end of the month so I told my family to contribute to my uniform fund so maybe I will get them then

Old 07-07-2008, 03:50 PM

51 posts, read 101,535 times
gonna be seeing alot of pasty legs tomorrow lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City