Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2008, 12:38 PM

24 posts, read 52,971 times

Advertisements

Question:

On the white sheet that tells you what to bring to FBF on 8/11 (the sheet with the yellow form attached) under "Uniform Requirements" it says "do not purchase before appontment date"

I'm ignoring that, since all you guys went with the yellow sheet & that's what I'm going to do, but then I noticed something like "cash, check or money order is accepted"

You mean I can't go to the uniform store & pay with a credit card, I need CASH??????

Old 08-05-2008, 12:47 PM

473 posts, read 931,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
I believe Grapes24 got sent to QW3. The only one that I know of that went to a QW garage. They send you where they need you. He won't be back to QW3 until Friday. He is at a broom garage today and tomorrow. I think he will put in for a transfer next month,who knows,he might like it there and stay.

The real test is after the first 30 days. Where you will be bouncing at different garages at different shifts(round robins).

It is one thing to know where and what you will be doing the next day,but they prepare for you anything and everything I guess.

Joe8: When you were doing baskets yesterday,did you do both sides of the avenues at the same time or one side at a time? Great section(W59st-W86st)Riverside Dr,West End Ave,Broadway,Amsterdam Ave.

Does the recycling truck(paper or bottles/cans) qualify for truck money or is it just regular garbage collection only?
Wow I guess you know everything about me.
I do not plan on transferring out.
I was at a broom garage today getting my two days ojt and i happened to be in my section. It is a nice area in jackson heights and it seems like the guys in the garage are decent so as long as things continue to go well i have no plans on leaving.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey_MV View Post
Question:

On the white sheet that tells you what to bring to FBF on 8/11 (the sheet with the yellow form attached) under "Uniform Requirements" it says "do not purchase before appontment date"

I'm ignoring that, since all you guys went with the yellow sheet & that's what I'm going to do, but then I noticed something like "cash, check or money order is accepted"

You mean I can't go to the uniform store & pay with a credit card, I need CASH??????
you can pay with a credit card. that quote made no sense. just make copies of your receipt to give to fbf.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
recycling pays the same but u won't get 5 for dumping on shift cause u don't dump
I dumped my recycling yesterday so I get the extra $5.

Old 08-05-2008, 01:02 PM

253 posts, read 539,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fab23ny View Post
Does anybody know what list number they are up to from the last exam? my list # is in the 1500, any idea when i might get called?
They are in the mid 400's... Cant really tell when they will call you. First class they needed a hundred called about 300. Second class they needed a hundred and only got to about 440's i think... They also dont know if they are gonna have another class this year... It would be safe to say at least a year.

Oh and medicals they got into the 800's

Old 08-05-2008, 01:38 PM

656 posts, read 1,410,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAPES24 View Post
I dumped my recycling yesterday so I get the extra $5.
well bx1 does not dump recycling on shift...its too far away!

Old 08-05-2008, 01:48 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,051,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAPES24 View Post
Wow I guess you know everything about me.
I do not plan on transferring out.
I was at a broom garage today getting my two days ojt and i happened to be in my section. It is a nice area in jackson heights and it seems like the guys in the garage are decent so as long as things continue to go well i have no plans on leaving.
Well then you are an exception along with SalSan(Bk14). I figure just about everybody wants to transfer out from where they were sent to. What garage were you in today? Oh and how is the parking? You park alongside New Calvary Cemetery right?

Old 08-05-2008, 02:18 PM

389 posts, read 774,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
Well then you are an exception along with SalSan(Bk14). I figure just about everybody wants to transfer out from where they were sent to. What garage were you in today? Oh and how is the parking? You park alongside New Calvary Cemetery right?
My garage couldn't find the transfer paperwork today. It's like they don't want us to leave.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:20 PM

148 posts, read 268,200 times
hey guys, I just got a ticket last week so just to be safe I reported it to HR. They told me I have to fax the ticket and receipt of payment to them so they can stick it in my record. Luckily HR told me that they wouldn't hold it against me unless I had my license suspended. That took a huge weight off my shoulders.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:25 PM

148 posts, read 268,200 times
Whoever is OTJ answer this. I'm a little slow so can anyone run by me what it means to "run and dump" and why its so bad? Also someone OTJ told me to wear shinguards while working so stuff doesn't scrape up my leg. Is there any truth to this? do people OTJ really wear shinguards. Also Since I will be on probation for 18 months, if I miss a day or so, does that mean my probation will be extended? Suppose I get deployed to Iraq for 6 months to a year, does my probation get extended a year then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.