Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2008, 09:33 PM

335 posts, read 747,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMANHB View Post
I was thinking the same thing I'm glad you said it perfect. I mention it to one of the guys on this post and he said the same thing, that they shouldn't be saying what their saying cause you don't know who is reading this. Lets not ruin a good thing. Good luck to the guys starting Monday. Keep us posted .
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
DCAS does the hiring,not DSNY. Besides you can remain anonymous in here,your just a screename. Fear none,respect all.
quote]

Yeah well GMANHB is right. After all you dont know who is reading it, Supervisor can be an ******* if they want to. After all they write out your evaluation sheet and if you get bad reviews they can terminate you because in HR they review everything and if someone isn't doing good and is on probation then they can be let go :S. I seen it :S.

Another thing, you dont want to go around telling too many people that your shift is 6-2 but you really work 6- to 10 and the rest of the day is yours. If this ever got out really in the public that many people knew then I sure something would be done so there isn't so much down time.

saying stuff here shouldn't really be a problem but just dont be telling everyone you know in your life lol.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:38 AM

253 posts, read 540,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnf1984 View Post
I dont know what im really doing, but was curious, so dont mind if im doing this replying the wrong way...lol.... Well i took the test in june '07 and my listing number was in the 1040's but lost the paper with the number on it, not sure if it matters or not, is there some how i can find out my number again....i already took the physical and passed...also are there many women in sanitation?? i never really see any, and when i took the physical everyone was watching me like i wasnt going to pass...lol it makes me alittle intimidated...
There are women in sanitation... I've seen them.... I feel like im talking about some mythical creature. lol.. If you can lift the tons.... you got the job.....

Old 08-07-2008, 08:25 AM

10 posts, read 19,687 times
i know this has prob been posted before but what are we supposed to wear on the first day of training at fbf. i heard a polo shirt and jeans with boots is ok.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:50 AM

125 posts, read 266,373 times
hey guys i haven't posted in a while but i have been reading the threads religiously, Congrats to all you guys going in to the next classes, i wish you all the best. i just got back from my road test in Maspeth and i passed. i'm so relieved! i'm one step closer to wearing green with the rest of you.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:59 AM

7 posts, read 17,119 times
Can someone explain to me the concept of round robins??

Old 08-07-2008, 11:56 AM

246 posts, read 593,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibiggmikei View Post
Can someone explain to me the concept of round robins??
A round robin is your first shift is 4-12 then 8-4 then 12-8

Old 08-07-2008, 01:00 PM

502 posts, read 1,008,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabesanitationguy View Post
hey guys i haven't posted in a while but i have been reading the threads religiously, Congrats to all you guys going in to the next classes, i wish you all the best. i just got back from my road test in Maspeth and i passed. i'm so relieved! i'm one step closer to wearing green with the rest of you.
Congrats!

Old 08-07-2008, 01:28 PM

876 posts, read 2,142,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon7280 View Post
quote]

Yeah well GMANHB is right. After all you dont know who is reading it, Supervisor can be an ******* if they want to. After all they write out your evaluation sheet and if you get bad reviews they can terminate you because in HR they review everything and if someone isn't doing good and is on probation then they can be let go :S. I seen it :S.

Another thing, you dont want to go around telling too many people that your shift is 6-2 but you really work 6- to 10 and the rest of the day is yours. If this ever got out really in the public that many people knew then I sure something would be done so there isn't so much down time.

saying stuff here shouldn't really be a problem but just dont be telling everyone you know in your life lol.
Not everyone who works the truck is done by 10 on the 6-2 shift and those who run and done by 10 work very hard. They put 8 hours of work into 4 hours. Kills their bodies but they do work hard.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:36 PM

335 posts, read 747,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
Not everyone who works the truck is done by 10 on the 6-2 shift and those who run and done by 10 work very hard. They put 8 hours of work into 4 hours. Kills their bodies but they do work hard.
didn't mean that everyone is like that. I know not everyone gets done by 10. But I know when I found out some san. workers get alot of down time I was told not to go around saying that.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:32 PM

147 posts, read 299,217 times
My bro works 3 hours a day.Talk about down time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City