Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2008, 09:59 PM

364 posts, read 739,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by epyon7280 View Post
i guess i am safe since i know the members on the erb meetings lol
you got the golden ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!:d

Old 08-10-2008, 10:05 PM

335 posts, read 747,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Tuesdays View Post
you got the golden ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!:d

lol I will willy wonka give me an tour of his chocolate factory?? :P

Anyways, Yeah if i were acting stupid they would probably fire me anyways regardless if i knew them. I joke with them all the time saying they will see my name pop up in an ERB meeting. But i promise them that I will never get in trouble and that i will keep my head out of trouble. I know some of them would be very disappointed at me if they saw my name being discussed. And I dont want to dsappoint or hope on someone to determine if i stay or i go.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:26 PM

364 posts, read 739,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon7280 View Post
lol I will willy wonka give me an tour of his chocolate factory?? :P

Anyways, Yeah if i were acting stupid they would probably fire me anyways regardless if i knew them. I joke with them all the time saying they will see my name pop up in an ERB meeting. But i promise them that I will never get in trouble and that i will keep my head out of trouble. I know some of them would be very disappointed at me if they saw my name being discussed. And I dont want to dsappoint or hope on someone to determine if i stay or i go.
you will do fine im sure, and they will take care of and look out for you that is most important.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:42 PM

335 posts, read 747,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Tuesdays View Post
you will do fine im sure, and they will take care of and look out for you that is most important.
As long as they put me in an Garage thats very nice ( which is why I was asking around here what gargages are known to be good ones , no one ever answered ). Its nice to have the support but i want to make them all proud and show them I could do things like everyone else and not need someone to look out of me. I told them all I will be an Chief one day. I think Chief Harbin ( Chief of Safety and Training, stationed at FBF ) is the youngest chief to make 4 star. I will get it sooner haha just kidding. Who knows maybe I will be happy as just an sanitation worker and keep life simple just to pick up garbage rather than deal with people and issues. I know Chief Harbin, he an very cool guy and funny. I spoke to Jimmy tramposh the other day, he cant wait till I come for my training. People like them and others make me even more determine not to fail and to be the best possible because I dont want to let them down.

Then there are those that are my friends but some of them didn't think i have what it takes to be an Sanitation worker. They think i am just too nice and that i would be eaten up alive in an garage. Well I want to prove to them I am be as much as an man as anyone else out there.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:59 AM

62 posts, read 114,188 times
Just woke up... Getting ready for day 1... Good Luck to All Today

Old 08-11-2008, 01:53 PM

148 posts, read 268,400 times
hey everyone, just finished day 1. Wow was that boring. I was good till about the end with the last guy.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:54 PM

148 posts, read 268,400 times
who else started today? and what group did you get?

Old 08-11-2008, 02:19 PM

82 posts, read 152,038 times
what's the order of the chain of command in dsny?

Old 08-11-2008, 03:22 PM

71 posts, read 131,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAPES24 View Post
Good luck tomorrow!!!!!
You don't need to wear gloves for the next few days, you will need a pen and paper and maybe bring a bag to put paperwork in.
I picked up gloves at one of those cheap work supply stores. I got 3 pairs of Orange gloves for $10 and like 30 inserts for $10. The inserts are not made well, but they keep your hands covered when you drive. You wear them once and toss them
I threw the inserts in with my regular laundry. They came out fine when washed in cold water and tumbled dry on low. Trying to save pennies wherever I can, since that's about all we make right now.

Old 08-11-2008, 03:28 PM

656 posts, read 1,412,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1276 View Post
what's the order of the chain of command in dsny?

Commissioner - John J Doherty

First Deputy Commissioner - Michael A. Bimonte

Director, Bureau of Cleaning & Collection - Bernard Sullivan (4 Star Chief)

Director Bureau of Waste Disposal GS5 - Michael Mucci (4 star chief)

Chief GS4 (3 star chief)

Assistant Chief/Borough Superintendent GS3 (2 star chief)

Deputy Chief/Assistant Borough Superintendent G.S.2 (1 star chief)

District Superintendent

Supervisor

Sanitation Worker <- YOU ARE HERE.

Last edited by thekuai; 08-11-2008 at 03:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City