Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2008, 06:03 PM

473 posts, read 932,113 times

Advertisements

Anybody else have to drive the truck in Queens on the BQE??? there is a lot of roadwork going on now and I swear I think I was Air-born today with the front of my truck. I never flew in the air like that it was great!!!!

Old 08-14-2008, 06:07 PM

231 posts, read 466,138 times
The BQE is actually the best it has ever been since i started driving 12 years ago. They will forever be doing work on it. I'm not driving a truck on it, but it sucks even in my car.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:24 PM

82 posts, read 152,042 times
[quote=offwing;4862063]You have to be in that district 1 year.The only other way you can get a tissue under a year is if your the bottom guy and NOBODY else want's that tissue then they will force you on it .[/quote

which shifts do you find are open more to put in for a tissue?

Old 08-14-2008, 07:01 PM

389 posts, read 774,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAPES24 View Post
Anybody else have to drive the truck in Queens on the BQE??? there is a lot of roadwork going on now and I swear I think I was Air-born today with the front of my truck. I never flew in the air like that it was great!!!!
I think I almost went airborne bringing a spreader back from CRS to the Bronx last week maybe underneath Broadway? Coulda sworn top of the truck hit the overpass, but it being a freshly painted truck woulda been easy to tell.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:12 PM

335 posts, read 747,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterwolf View Post
holy crap, you wouldn't believe what happened today. 1st Deputy Commissioner Bimonte arrived at FBF to speak to the new class and guess what happens. This guy in the first row falls to sleep and starts snoring in fron of him. OMG. The Commissioner calls him out. You should have been there. Bimonte was so pissed that his cut his speech short and just left. He was only up speaking for 3 minutes!!!. This guy fell asleep in 3 minutes. Man the supervisors, the superintendent and 2 chiefs were there and boy were they extremly pissed. It was crazy
Wow haha.

yea he better be perfect for the rest of the way.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:10 PM

335 posts, read 747,780 times
You really love posting here dont you lol. I go thru pages mostly filled with your comments lol. Replying to yourself in many of them or just asking a million questions lol. crazy but funny :P

Old 08-15-2008, 01:11 PM

502 posts, read 1,009,045 times
What's up guys? To all of you in the new class, I just want to let you know. For me, and I'm guessing many others, Floyd bennett field is a world of difference compared to the garage. I know it seems confusing now, but you'll learn how the board works right away when you're in the garage.......You will be put with a lot of different guys (or girls), so be careful what they're doing. The guy with me today was drinking as we finished our recycling route......Some say they will take a complaint for you if you're with them and have a problem, some mean it, some don't. Always be on time, do what you have to do, and mind your business, and you'll be ok. Just remember, you're on probation, they're not.......Good luck.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:11 PM

71 posts, read 131,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAPES24 View Post
I did my night driving in Queens and had to take the BQE to the bridge. It's kind of exciting until you land on the seat without any cushion and your big fat wallet in your back pocket. Wait until you have to dump recycling in the Bronx and hit the bumps on the Bruckner. Ouch!

Old 08-15-2008, 01:33 PM

148 posts, read 268,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon7280 View Post
You really love posting here dont you lol. I go thru pages mostly filled with your comments lol. Replying to yourself in many of them or just asking a million questions lol. crazy but funny :P

Most of you guys have sent me a lot of messages, mostly saying shut the f*ck up followed by other curse words(that was the tamest message). I see now that this is the true sanman community. I guess people on this site as well as in the real world only help those who are either in their click or whose ass they wanna kiss. I'll do my best now to shut the f*ck up since that will make everyone happy.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:36 PM

148 posts, read 268,407 times
you know what, screw that. I'm going to say whatever I want and I hope you get pissed off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City