Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2008, 03:18 PM

231 posts, read 466,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanman04 View Post
Are all our uniforms not green?.........:d:d:d
The pants look blueish to me.

Old 08-15-2008, 03:21 PM

108 posts, read 272,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJU2000 View Post
The pants look blueish to me.
yeah...iam color blind i thought they were gray

Old 08-15-2008, 03:22 PM

335 posts, read 747,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterwolf View Post
as for you. i will consider changing my way of posting since you were considerate unlike others on this site. the real problem is that i post on my phone and it has crappy reception, so it cuts off during my bus ride home. i dont mean to drown out other people, but for guys like you i want you to get an idea of the training as it happens. im not going to pretend that i know everything cause i don't. the guys who have been ojt for awhile have been very helpful on this post. sure i ask a lot of questions, but you know what. i didnt know is not an excuse when something goes wrong
Well I didnt' know that so at least that explains why you post so much.

Thank you for your daily entries about the training.

Old 08-15-2008, 03:22 PM

148 posts, read 268,407 times
as for today at FBF i got to drive the collection truck and the broom. the truck really isn't as bad as it seems. the key is to stay as close as possible to the divider on the left. the broom on the other hand gets some getting used to. that was basically it. i hit 2 cones on the obstacle course (i think they purposely put those cones close just so no one can say that they got through perfectly) the day went by fast and as far as i know no one fell asleep.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:22 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,061,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterwolf View Post
as for today at FBF i got to drive the collection truck and the broom. the truck really isn't as bad as it seems. the key is to stay as close as possible to the divider on the left. the broom on the other hand gets some getting used to. that was basically it. i hit 2 cones on the obstacle course (i think they purposely put those cones close just so no one can say that they got through perfectly) the day went by fast and as far as i know no one fell asleep.
Interesting busterwolf,on the collection trucks does the shifter start on Neutral? There is no (P)right? How many speeds is the automatic transmission?What times have you been getting dismissed from training this past week? Somebody mentioned that in the July class,they were finished by 12:30-1:00pm sometimes. Thanks for the answers.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:57 PM

7 posts, read 13,159 times
Default WHo is busterwolf ?

I have been reading this blog for a few days, so I finally registered today... I'm in the August class also, along with busterwolf. I was wondering his true Identity ... His post are very accurate !

Old 08-16-2008, 04:28 AM

148 posts, read 268,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNasty View Post
I have been reading this blog for a few days, so I finally registered today... I'm in the August class also, along with busterwolf. I was wondering his true Identity ... His post are very accurate !
i'm in the fourth row.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:59 AM

656 posts, read 1,412,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
Interesting busterwolf,on the collection trucks does the shifter start on Neutral? There is no (P)right? How many speeds is the automatic transmission?What times have you been getting dismissed from training this past week? Somebody mentioned that in the July class,they were finished by 12:30-1:00pm sometimes. Thanks for the answers.
truck starts in neutral. It's an Allison six speed. Sometimes u finish early but sign out is still 1:45. There is no p. Use the parking brake

Old 08-16-2008, 10:43 AM

1,809 posts, read 7,061,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
truck starts in neutral. It's an Allison six speed. Sometimes u finish early but sign out is still 1:45. There is no p. Use the parking brake
Thanks Steve!...a few months ago on my block which is on a slight incline there was a new guy driving the DSNY collection truck,so he gets almost to the corner and stops,the other guy is behind the truck loading,a few seconds goes by the senior man yells to him "put it in neutral"...he repeated it like 3 or 4 times. Eventually he did and got out of the truck to help load. This is stuff that he should have known already before finishing FBF training.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:47 AM

473 posts, read 932,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 606313X View Post
I think I almost went airborne bringing a spreader back from CRS to the Bronx last week maybe underneath Broadway? Coulda sworn top of the truck hit the overpass, but it being a freshly painted truck woulda been easy to tell.
Exactly right there by the Broadway Exit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City