Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2008, 03:42 PM

163 posts, read 328,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterwolf View Post
why only 8 tons? is that bad?
I think that's all that was on the route. This is a very big vacation week a lot of people are away because of the upcoming holiday. Summer school is out and its the end of the month. All factors in low weights the last two weeks of august.

Old 08-20-2008, 04:05 PM

246 posts, read 593,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyD28 View Post
Hey boys,
Ive read a few pages back that many of you are concerned about layoffs.
My question is
if a San man is hired then layed off say for one year. When he gets back to work after a one year layoff doe he then have to put in only 19 years to collect his pension. In other words, does his laid off time count towards retirement ??
Thanks in advance.....Anthony
If you are layed off you can buy that time back you just have to fill out the paper work ..

Old 08-20-2008, 04:20 PM

148 posts, read 268,418 times
for guys in training with me, did we ever get any forms to fill out for tomorrow? i don't think we did.

Old 08-20-2008, 04:31 PM

148 posts, read 268,418 times
i mean forms for medical

Old 08-20-2008, 05:41 PM

46 posts, read 90,323 times
Question Medical Forms were handed out

Quote:
for guys in training with me, did we ever get any forms to fill out for tomorrow? i don't think we did.
Medical forms were handed out to us two days ago and they are supposed to be filled out and handed back to the personnel department tomorrow when they show up. Tramposh asked everyone if they had received their medical forms and if not to notify him. Those that did already should be receiving them tomorrow from personnel.

Did anyone from the previous class give blood? If so, how did they schedule it because on the schedule there are also several speakers / things on the agenda for that day. If you give blood do you miss out on anything important?

Old 08-20-2008, 05:44 PM

108 posts, read 272,047 times
Quote:
why only 8 tons? is that bad?
In our garage if you do about 10 tons or under they want you to dump.. So if your not going to dump you should get between 12 to 13 tons.. the guy who does that root never dumps he always get between 12 & 13, so it makes him look bad.

Old 08-20-2008, 05:59 PM

656 posts, read 1,412,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSICandidate View Post
Medical forms were handed out to us two days ago and they are supposed to be filled out and handed back to the personnel department tomorrow when they show up. Tramposh asked everyone if they had received their medical forms and if not to notify him. Those that did already should be receiving them tomorrow from personnel.

Did anyone from the previous class give blood? If so, how did they schedule it because on the schedule there are also several speakers / things on the agenda for that day. If you give blood do you miss out on anything important?
they do it in small groups of about 5-10 or so. I believe it's done on the last day anyways. Ur gonna look forward to this day cause this really hot red headed girl comes to speak to you about donating to various charities. If she wasn't so sexy I don't think anyone would have donated. Trust me, u want fall asleep when she speaks.

Old 08-20-2008, 06:40 PM

502 posts, read 1,009,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman1221 View Post
I think that's all that was on the route. This is a very big vacation week a lot of people are away because of the upcoming holiday. Summer school is out and its the end of the month. All factors in low weights the last two weeks of august.
I'm not on vacation, but I have a 4 day labor day weekend....

Old 08-20-2008, 07:28 PM

364 posts, read 739,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxguy View Post
Hey Turkey. Any info on when another Supv. class is going in and how many they plan on promoting over the next year or two..........Thanks!
Heard some stuff about a class 0f 75 before night plow starts, but your guess is as good as mine.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:05 PM

39 posts, read 121,794 times
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Tuesdays View Post
It definately is the seizures. I know guys that have been fired after working on the job for years, because they had them at work. Sorry to say it does not matter that your doctor said its ok. The reason being is your doctor will not have to pay the lawsuit against the city If you have one while driving a relay to Nj and kill 4 people. I know you probably want the job, but do not waste your time and money on the appeal you will never get hired. Noone will sign off and be the one responsible. Sorry Buddy Good Luck

Hey guys, for those of you who were running around the city with me (list #135)back in April, so you guys around there, as you know I was disqualified because of what sanitation called a seizure disorder. I got my directions for my appeal and I took every single test for seizure disorders twice and they all came back insignificant (negative). I then found a hot shot Manhattan neurologist to write the bastards at medical a letter stating that my diagnosis is NOT a seizure disorder. So who knows, I may have a shot yet? If any1 is on the job for a while, what do you guys think? If I do win my appeal, do I go to FBF right after or do I go to the bottom of the list then which would be bullsh*t? Anyone know anything about this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City