Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2008, 12:34 AM

148 posts, read 268,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanman04 View Post
In our garage if you do about 10 tons or under they want you to dump.. So if your not going to dump you should get between 12 to 13 tons.. the guy who does that root never dumps he always get between 12 & 13, so it makes him look bad.
oh i see thanx

Old 08-21-2008, 03:30 AM

2 posts, read 3,139 times
First post so let me start by saying congrats to everyone in the July and August classes.

I have read almost every page of this thread but I still have a few questions.

1. This might be a bunch of sh*t but I read way back in the thread someone saying that if youre over like 6'3" they fail you automatically since you cant fit in the truck etc. Im 6'8"-6'9" so im a little concerned about it and how its going to impact me.

2. I know there is no definite answer on the next class but im just curious... with list #180* would I have a chance at making it in for a class sometime next year?

3. Im curious to know about M11 and what type of garage it is. Its like an 8 block walk from where I live.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:38 AM

163 posts, read 328,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinTimbz View Post
First post so let me start by saying congrats to everyone in the July and August classes.

1. This might be a bunch of sh*t but I read way back in the thread someone saying that if youre over like 6'3" they fail you automatically since you cant fit in the truck etc. Im 6'8"-6'9" so im a little concerned about it and how its going to impact me.

2. I know there is no definite answer on the next class but im just curious... with list #180* would I have a chance at making it in for a class sometime next year?

3. Im curious to know about M11 and what type of garage it is. Its like an 8 block walk from where I live.
As long as you pass vision hearing have no disorders of body parts you will pass the physical. They can't fail you for being tall whoever said that was bs ing.m11 is ok

Old 08-21-2008, 09:26 AM

876 posts, read 2,142,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Tuesdays View Post
Heard some stuff about a class 0f 75 before night plow starts, but your guess is as good as mine.
I heard there will be a class in sept with anywhere from 50 to 150 people in it. I dont know if it is true could just be a rumor

Old 08-21-2008, 09:42 AM

253 posts, read 540,140 times
Default Works for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
I heard there will be a class in sept with anywhere from 50 to 150 people in it. I dont know if it is true could just be a rumor

I say its a good rumor... Lets go with it...... Though I dont expect it will be sept. We are already heading into the end of august....

Old 08-21-2008, 10:25 AM

95 posts, read 210,882 times
Hey DSNYSANMAN, that is a good rumor. I hope its true, lol. Thnaks for the info!

Old 08-21-2008, 12:22 PM

257 posts, read 507,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPrus View Post
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, for those of you who were running around the city with me (list #135)back in April, so you guys around there, as you know I was disqualified because of what sanitation called a seizure disorder. I got my directions for my appeal and I took every single test for seizure disorders twice and they all came back insignificant (negative). I then found a hot shot Manhattan neurologist to write the bastards at medical a letter stating that my diagnosis is NOT a seizure disorder. So who knows, I may have a shot yet? If any1 is on the job for a while, what do you guys think? If I do win my appeal, do I go to FBF right after or do I go to the bottom of the list then which would be bullsh*t? Anyone know anything about this?
wow good for u man thats awesome..... fight the system babyy ............ and i think you go to the top of the list for the next class if you win ud probably be the first to be called

Old 08-21-2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinTimbz View Post

lol u must be this tall to ride the garbage truck

Old 08-21-2008, 12:25 PM

656 posts, read 1,412,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABE123 View Post
wow good for u man thats awesome..... fight the system babyy ............ and i think you go to the top of the list for the next class if you win ud probably be the first to be called

The next class they have they will run through the list again starting at the top. If you are eligible this time around you will be called. You will most likely have the most seniority in that class but remember seniority goes by appointment date and then your list number.

Old 08-21-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7xxSanitList View Post
I say its a good rumor... Lets go with it...... Though I dont expect it will be sept. We are already heading into the end of august....
im pretty sure there talking about a supervisers class
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City