Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2008, 08:49 PM

364 posts, read 739,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
I recently started within the last year. Your not going to make a lot of money right away and you will need another job just to make ends meat.
Here it is again MEAT HEAD :shoc ked: DSNYSANMAN NYC SANMAN Its easy to get two whiny girls confused.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Tuesdays View Post
The proper word is MEET. I let the first mispelling go thinking it was just a typing error. MEAT is something you put between two pieces of bread. Thank God there was no spelling on the supervisors exam..........
Here was my response lol.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Tuesdays View Post
Here was my response lol.
Great Job If I do say so myself......

Old 10-14-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
Reread what you wrote. Your english isnt good enough to talk sh1t about others.
Correction you are way too stupid to talk s h i t about others. lol lol

Old 10-14-2008, 08:58 PM

335 posts, read 747,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSICandidate View Post
Epyon -

I love that you are able to come on here and bring semi sold news and information to those candidates still waiting to hear that they are due for final processing and ready to become a full fledged sanitation worker.

However, as a probie from the August class, I don't appreciate you mentioning that some of the class (and old san workers) will die.

Please keep it classy and respect those that due the work and recognize the dangers of the job. Yeah in due time we san workers will make a nice paycheck and be able to provide for our families but we risk our lives just as much as some other city agencies. If someone doesn't believe us, do a basket run or a collection route in a Manhattan where cabbies think that you are their new hood ornament or go and work a day in East New York. The union has the heart bill for a reason.

I would appreciate it if during my 20 years I don't ever hear someone mention that san workers will die in the context of hoping that new san workers will get hired.
I understand where you are coming from but I believe there is a misunderstanding between us. I am not endoring Sanitation workers to die so others can get the job. Thats just sick. I am simply stating the obvious and the stats that sanitation workers do die(either by accident/murdered/on or off the job) during their employment so they need replacement. This is a business and when someone leaves a void for whatever reason it has to be replaced or given to someone else. Hence why I dont think as of now it will take 2 years for there to be another class. I am just being real with the facts.
Dont take this offensively but I do think your taking this a lil too personal or being a bit to sensitive.
Death is a harsh reality that all men( and women ) face whether your a Sanitation Worker or a teacher or whatever. Just have to come to accept certain things.

Once again sorry for the misunderstanding, I hope this clears up my stance and hopefully the stance of others here because I am sure the rest of the people waiting aren't wishing death upon other people for their personal gain ( at least I hope so ).

Old 10-14-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPONONE19 View Post
First of all, thanks to all the guys already on the job as well as retired who take the time to give advice and inspiration to us waiting to get called (RetiredSanman Epyon) and so many others, its really appreciated...
My questions are with a list number in the 2,700's is there a realistic chance I will be called in '09 and how does points on your CDL license affect being hired?
Thanks in advance
Perhaps in '10. Also I am not familar how points on the CDL effect the license. Maybe someone else can help you with that before I go and find out. You can always call human resources if you want.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCsanman View Post
Wow, been reading some of the posts and I sure know how to stir up the pot!! lol - but of course, making new friends was always one of my strong points. BTW - Just for public knowledge, I have PMed Epyon and I think I spoke(or should I say typed?) without thinking. I apologized to him, I think I spoke out of hand. Peace n Love.
Yes I got your PM and I will reply to it soon. I glad we can push our differences aside and have peace with one another

Old 10-14-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochise View Post
you're making a great move, Epyon. I been working on wall street for about 8 years. best year I had made 99K, but now stuck in a sh*tty job where I may clear 70K with a lot of OT if I lucky. I do know people who work in finance who make a killing, anywhere from a few hundred K a year to close to a million a year trading gold and silver, but those are few and far between. for the average Joe who think he gonna make the big bucks on 'the street', that just a pipe dream, unless you plan on going to ivy league college, gettin a masters, working 12 hour days, taking work home, etc. if I had to do it again, I wouldn't even go to college. I would try and get this job at 21, rather than now at 34. good money, great benefits, and most importantly, JOB SECURITY!!!
good luck to all.
Thats what I was told today by some lady in my office. She was saying that when the economy goes bad everyone goes to city jobs because they are more stable and usually the only ones hiring when the economy is down..

Old 10-14-2008, 09:16 PM

4 posts, read 6,844 times
hey whats going on everyone, everyone asks these questions but i just wanna see if anyone has any guesses, my list number is 29** i took my physical already and recieved the letter that i passed, what are the chances of me being called, also i already have my cdl licence and the only restriction i have on it is the A3 which limits me to munic and school operations, is this restriction ok to have if i get hired?

Old 10-14-2008, 09:38 PM

257 posts, read 507,852 times
A3 restriction is fine to have as long as u have N endorsements and no other restrictions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City