Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2008, 05:49 PM

876 posts, read 2,141,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Tuesdays View Post
Here it is again MEAT HEAD :shoc ked: DSNYSANMAN NYC SANMAN Its easy to get two whiny girls confused.
I am not english teacher but I do know the difference between meat and meet. The statement "making ends meat", means making enough money to buy food; ends meat is the cheapest cut of meat. You call nycsanman and myself whiny girls but the truth is you are the real *****. Running and dumping for your foreman just to get done early so you can buy him a sandwich.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:51 PM

876 posts, read 2,141,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Tuesdays
The proper word is MEET. I let the first mispelling go thinking it was just a typing error. MEAT is something you put between two pieces of bread. Thank God there was no spelling on the supervisors exam..........

Here was my response lol.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:24 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,059,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nKognito View Post
Vantastic, why do you say that it's very iffy as it stands right now? I'm number 6,2XX and I'm worried that I won't get called at all. My phisical is in early November. Is there any info. you can give me based on that statement. Thanks in advance.
I am in the same pool as you(#5650). We all know they over hired for the last exam. Not only was this year just 2 classes,but the list barely moved(#484). There is a hiring freeze going on right now even though some people don't think there is one.

I hope they don't freeze the list,all that does is extend our misery. Next exam should be in the summer of 2011,it will come around sooner than you think. Have to shoot for a list # under 4,000. My gut feeling is that they will reach into the low #4,000's from our list. I hope I am wrong though.

It is hell to have our list numbers really,if you are in the 1st round(#3759)you know you will get called,just a matter of time,if you are 29,xxx you know you have no chance at all. I don't mind the wait,it is just the uncertainty that is hard to deal with.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:50 PM

335 posts, read 747,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
I am in the same pool as you(#5650). We all know they over hired for the last exam. Not only was this year just 2 classes,but the list barely moved(#484). There is a hiring freeze going on right now even though some people don't think there is one.

I hope they don't freeze the list,all that does is extend our misery. Next exam should be in the summer of 2011,it will come around sooner than you think. Have to shoot for a list # under 4,000. My gut feeling is that they will reach into the low #4,000's from our list. I hope I am wrong though.

It is hell to have our list numbers really,if you are in the 1st round(#3759)you know you will get called,just a matter of time,if you are 29,xxx you know you have no chance at all. I don't mind the wait,it is just the uncertainty that is hard to deal with.
I feel the same way. I think the main problem for you guys is that in the past beside there being more classes there were always guys that past the chance to be a Sanitaton worker. That is one of the main reasons why we reach the 8,000 in the last list. IF i remember correctly 1 out of 3 guys take the job that have a good list number (3500 and lower), then 1 out of 4 guys take the job with a list number higher ... and it gets bigger as it goes up 1 out of 5. Thats why for 2 classes they called up to 840 in case many guys dont take the job, technically according to stats we should be in the 500's or almost hitting list number 600 for the first 2 classes but we only got up to 484. BUT NOW the way the economy is people are going to be running for secure and stable jobs that pay well and Sanitation provides that. So I think the list will move slowly due to the fact that more guys wont pass up on this chance

Old 10-16-2008, 09:05 PM

364 posts, read 739,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
I am not english teacher but I do know the difference between meat and meet. The statement "making ends meat", means making enough money to buy food; ends meat is the cheapest cut of meat. You call nycsanman and myself whiny girls but the truth is you are the real *****. Running and dumping for your foreman just to get done early so you can buy him a sandwich.
I doubt thats what you meant, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt. I run and dump for myself, because I am mid season in Deadliest Catch on xbox. The King Crab season is where I make the most. I need an engine overhaul so got to get my quota. Your on your third green bag of MLP at that time. Oh by the way someone who is as good at english as you are should have scored a hell of alot better than 6,000 something on the san man test. lol
Truck Money 55 dollars
8hrs at top pay 220 dollars
Dumping my truck everyday rain or shine to
PI$$ guys like you and NYCsanman off

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-17-2008, 06:34 AM

123 posts, read 250,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie00021 View Post
You schedule changes everyday...your shift and your orders change daily. If you work a 6AM - 2PM shift, before you leave that day(at about 1:00PM), you will know what time you have to be back for your next shift. If you work a 12AM - 8AM shift, you have to call the garage for your orders for the next day, because when you leave at 8AM the boards isn't going to be set for the next day. If you are one of the junior guys in your garage, and you are in BK3 for instance, you will be seeing alot of hand broom assignments, believe me I know first hand......

how long before you get a somewhat regular schedule, or does that never happen? after working 9-5, M - F for the last 15 years, I'm not looking forward to the type of schedule you described. is it as bad as it seems?

Old 10-17-2008, 11:43 AM

208 posts, read 438,616 times
Quote:
I assume thats pre-tax and deductions? How much does top pay come out to after all the BS?

Old 10-17-2008, 01:04 PM

11 posts, read 18,776 times
turkey...............when did you get hired?

Old 10-17-2008, 01:09 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,059,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest111 View Post
turkey...............when did you get hired?
He has been on the job for 10 years,going back to the days when you were hired by a lottery system. Currently he is on a waiting list for sanitation supervisor.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:39 PM

473 posts, read 931,928 times
Quote:
I doubt thats what you meant, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt. I run and dump for myself, because I am mid season in Deadliest Catch on xbox. The King Crab season is where I make the most. I need an engine overhaul so got to get my quota. Your on your third green bag of MLP at that time. Oh by the way someone who is as good at english as you are should have scored a hell of alot better than 6,000 something on the san man test. lol
Truck Money 55 dollars
Dumping my truck everyday rain or shine to
PI$$ guys like you and NYCsanman off

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU'RE MY HERO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City