Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2008, 09:24 AM

123 posts, read 250,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanman04 View Post
Magnum Boots are very comfortable and water proof to a certain point. We get A 10% Discount from Modells. Or
Magnum Boot Shop - Your one stop for Magnum boot and Hi-Tec Shoes

talk about some ugly boots, but I guess if they keep yo' feet dry.
I know this subject was touched upon some time ago, but do the guys OTJ recommend steel toe boots?

Old 10-28-2008, 09:38 AM

1,809 posts, read 7,060,729 times
Default No steel toe boots.

quoting "NYCSANMAN"

Steel toe = no good - for most factory jobs. What I heard about this from former unions was that if you dont wear steel toes, maybe something will fall on your foot. What I heard from veterans is that it is better to get your big toe broken than sliced off by the kitchen knife that is in your shoe. Honestly- I cant tell you how safe steel toes are.... but I can say something heavy falling on your toes are the last thing we are afraid of in this job. We are not afraid of the weight of the bags/objects more what the F+++k is inside these bags. When you are picking up garbage; and soon you will be (good for you!!) when you hit those handles to cycle that truck ... move away. This cant be said enough. Natural curiosity makes us look but get away from the back of that truck. The minimun prize for you will be a face full of "hopper juice" the maximum god forbid will be what happened to Sanitation worker Micheal Hanley a few years back. Anyway, Salsan use those steel toe boots for now, you will be working outside. A pallet of factory products will not be falling on your toes. Next boots you buy make sure they are #1 leather.. leather breaths and #2 comfortable.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:31 PM

163 posts, read 328,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kochise View Post
I know this subject was touched upon some time ago, but do the guys OTJ recommend steel toe boots?

Steel Toe Boots get real cold in the winter!

Old 10-28-2008, 12:43 PM

656 posts, read 1,412,167 times
you can google mythbusters and steel toe boots. On one episodes they prooved that it is better to have steel toe. They basically said it is easier to reattach severed toes than to fix toes that have been smashed like a doughnut. The new line of magnums have a composite non metallic toe that is just as strong as steel and meets the highest ANSI saftey standards.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,046 times
Can you guys who are doing all this traveling from S.I & Queens to the Bronx write off these toll expenses on your taxes?

Old 10-28-2008, 02:34 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,060,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikenBklyn View Post
Can you guys who are doing all this traveling from S.I & Queens to the Bronx write off these toll expenses on your taxes?
The answer is no,tolls are not a tax write off for personal use(ie going to and from work).

Old 10-28-2008, 04:43 PM

4 posts, read 7,024 times
If anyone has an idea up to what list number are they gonna call for sanitation worker before the list expires

Old 10-28-2008, 05:02 PM

196 posts, read 425,636 times
Can someone help me i got a seatbelt ticket 15 days ago it says i can pay or plea online i put in my information an it said dmv has no record of this ticket yet the officer gave me the ticket it was a yellow copy but for some reason with the yellow copy there was a white copy attach to it i have to answer this ticket with in 15 days or my license will get suspended does anyone know anything about tickets

Old 10-28-2008, 05:08 PM

108 posts, read 272,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kochise View Post
A lot of the guys on the job wear them.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:08 PM

257 posts, read 507,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7xxSanitList View Post
Hey Abe.
Spoke to a friend of mine from the last list. He said he went past the six months for the medical and they had a very small version of it when it came time to do it again. He remembers basically just taking a drug test the second time around...
well thats good then i guess... runnin around the city that day sure did suck balls..... thanks for the response sometimes i think people just skip what i write lolol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City