Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2009, 01:11 AM

156 posts, read 370,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FULLTRUCK View Post
They are planning to cut (routes, men) in a BIG WAY.

Quote:
I love the job and that's why what is going to happen makes me so mad.
you definitely made some great points in both of your posts...just want to clarify these 2 statements though...is this just your opinion based on the way the job is going? or is there anything you know specifically that you can share with us?

the reason I'm asking is because someone in this thread a few days ago said he heard from a steward that the rumor going around is 700 layoffs in mid-January and cutting the 11-7 basket truck (I don't think the guy has posted in this thread since then)...I haven't heard anything around my garage, but like you said, my stewards are pretty much worthless and don't keep us updated anyway

Old 01-01-2009, 07:30 AM

93 posts, read 177,398 times
Happy New Years!! Has anyone heard about the buy out package for the senior guys?

Old 01-01-2009, 09:11 AM

1,809 posts, read 7,061,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMANHB View Post
Happy New Years!! Has anyone heard about the buy out package for the senior guys?
I read about that a few days ago,but I thought it was for civilians only and not for uniformed employees. Something like one months pay for every year of service. Hey whatever it takes for these guys to leave sounds good to me.

Laying off 700 sanworkers at the bottom of the pay scale isn't going to make much of a difference. Cut the fat from the top.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:26 PM

473 posts, read 932,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenseastsanman View Post
the right color is spruce green
Dickies doesn't call them "spruce". I got them at Modell's and I used our 10% discount I paid $17.99.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:48 PM

11 posts, read 29,657 times
Anyone on here know Supv Stretch?

Old 01-01-2009, 05:00 PM

876 posts, read 2,142,024 times
Quote:
Nobody ever said "Garbage collection should be a career." Nobody. It just so happens through strong union moves in the past that this job has a currently outstanding package. We deserve it.
Now you gotta make your way through the 20 years. Private loaders do more weight suuuure but they come and go. Their drivers might be long term but not the loaders.

Some guys hide in tissues for the majority of their career. Some take the badge. Many other senior men were on the luv trucks doin' MLP for their first 6 or more years. This is the crowd that has about 23 years. Not to mention their starting pay was more in tune with their time.

Guys...the starting pay has not increased for the last 10 years. For all intents and purposes. Not only does it make it difficult for junior men to get by, it makes it much easier for the city to hoard people onto the job. This affects your overtime, pensions, attrition rates.

Yet you will start with 30k in 2009! So now you NEED the truck money. The truck has been available for many junior men over these last 10 years. Point is you will be doing the truck 6 more years then these senior knuckleheads! AT LEAST! Doing MORE WEIGHT! How many of them look in tip top shape? How do you expect to look?

Point is we deserve to NOT pick up garbage for 8 hours a day. We need rest and deserve to get it up and in without having cuts loooming over our heads It's too much. We deserve our pay for sure. We are not overpaid. Yet, in the BIG picture, your whole career, it's alot of weight.

They cut trucks and give you more weight based on how you handle your route, right? We all know this. Well, the commish is cuttin' and they are waiting untill this contract expires. Then your toast. We signed a contract for a 40% dumping floor target. (For $5) Right? We are clear into the 80%'s! You dump before lunch EVERY DAY? Your senior men do? NEWS FLASH!! The whole damn city is! (relatively) You think this is all on the arm? HAHAHA A nice slap on the back and off the couch to talk sports, cards, dominos, sleep. What a job!

FOOOOOLS!!!
As the old saying goes A FOOL AND HIS MONEY SHALL SOON PART.
You got til August 2011. BACK THOSE TRUCKS UP BOYS.

Happy New Year by the way......
Many of the senior men know this and will be gone by 2011. The junior men are being intimadated and dont want to go against the superivors. Especially since they dont have the backing of the shop stewards and senior men. That 5 dollar dump money is a big mistake. The union should never of asked for that. The way things are going all the district will be like the bronx and do 2 loads.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:33 PM

163 posts, read 328,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 091701 View Post
Anyone on here know Supv Stretch?
Yes I know supervisor stretch! Why you asking.

Old 01-01-2009, 06:02 PM

2 posts, read 3,513 times
Fyi many of the candidates with outstanding scores wont be hired either because they are felons, fail the medical(ie. Drug test), or cannot get a cdl licence just to name a few. A score of 7000 or less will probably yield 4000 hires. Dont count yourself out mr. 5000

Old 01-01-2009, 06:12 PM

2 posts, read 3,513 times
Fyi many of the candidates with outstanding scores wont be hired either because they are felons, fail the medical(ie. Drug test), or cannot get a cdl licence just to name a few. A score of 7000 or less will probably yield 4000 hires. Dont count yourself out mr. 5000

Old 01-01-2009, 07:33 PM

11 posts, read 29,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman1221 View Post
Yes I know supervisor stretch! Why you asking.
Worked for her the other day. How long has she been a supv?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City