Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2009, 07:07 AM

372 posts, read 828,563 times

Advertisements

cops isnt what its all cracked up to be its not like NYPD blue and Law and order lol I have friends and family and they wish they can switch jobs with me lol

Old 03-04-2009, 07:37 AM

172 posts, read 446,655 times
DSNY is a hell of a lot better then NYPD, ask 90% of cops and they will tell you themselves! guy's waiting to get on Sanatation, go on about your life and when the time comes, it comes. some post negative Moderator cut: stuff about the job, their the ones who will be miserable anywhere, you gotta make the job work for you, find a detail an stick with it! study, get promoted and you will never have to touch garbage again.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 03-04-2009 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: Language

Old 03-04-2009, 07:52 AM

1,809 posts, read 7,042,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcals View Post
take all the tests im 23 since ive been 17 ive been taking tests and turning down jobs its better to turn them down then never have a shot at a job..ive taken post office nypd correctons (city and state) fdny nassau suffolk cops bus operator MTA...NYPD and corrections still call me and I throw the letter right in the garbage,the only job I would leave DSNY for is FDNY and with list number 25** I don't know if im gonna make it...cv3123 simple question how many cops become sanmen??and how many sanmen go to NYPD ill tell you there are hundreds more cops going DSNY then the other way around...who wants to get spit on and get in trouble for arresting someone wrong lol people give cops no respect...
You wouldn't leave DSNY for Nassau or Suffolk PD? Postal Service jobs usually have the largest lists. Even they are downsizing,they might still even be in a hiring freeze.

For anybody who is interested,today starts the filing process for NYCTA train operator Exam 8098.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:21 AM

300 posts, read 658,089 times
What Rally are you talking about for thursday ??

Old 03-04-2009, 10:22 AM

1,809 posts, read 7,042,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipez View Post
Join us! (http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:k29ORbspY-sJ:www.unhny.org/advocacy/pdf/March%25205%2520Flyer.pdf+http://FairShareReform.com/NYCflyer&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us - broken link)

Old 03-04-2009, 12:23 PM

335 posts, read 746,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombero2811 View Post
DSNY is a hell of a lot better then NYPD, ask 90% of cops and they will tell you themselves! guy's waiting to get on Sanatation, go on about your life and when the time comes, it comes. some post negative Moderator cut: stuff about the job, their the ones who will be miserable anywhere, you gotta make the job work for you, find a detail an stick with it! study, get promoted and you will never have to touch garbage again.
basically.

I seen more NYPD transfer to DSNY than DSNY transfer to NYPD. Its like 5 to 1 NYPD to sanitation over DSNY to NYPD

Old 03-04-2009, 12:37 PM

876 posts, read 2,136,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon7280 View Post
basically.

I seen more NYPD transfer to DSNY than DSNY transfer to NYPD. Its like 5 to 1 NYPD to sanitation over DSNY to NYPD
Can you tell me how you can talk about dsny hiring when they are talking about layoffs. Me personally I want all of you on the job the more the merrier.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:21 PM

335 posts, read 746,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
Can you tell me how you can talk about dsny hiring when they are talking about layoffs. Me personally I want all of you on the job the more the merrier.
I didn't say they were hiring. The conversation was about NYPD transferring to DSNY. I was merely saying that is true.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:40 PM

32 posts, read 134,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcals View Post
take all the tests im 23 since ive been 17 ive been taking tests and turning down jobs its better to turn them down then never have a shot at a job..ive taken post office nypd correctons (city and state) fdny nassau suffolk cops bus operator MTA...NYPD and corrections still call me and I throw the letter right in the garbage,the only job I would leave DSNY for is FDNY and with list number 25** I don't know if im gonna make it...cv3123 simple question how many cops become sanmen??and how many sanmen go to NYPD ill tell you there are hundreds more cops going DSNY then the other way around...who wants to get spit on and get in trouble for arresting someone wrong lol people give cops no respect...
i don't know anything about how many cops become sanmen or how bad nypd is but just know i am finding it very hard to live in this city and support a family with the money we get paid, wife works and i try to work a seconed job but keep bounceing around, 2 1/2 years later finding myself getting deeper & deeper in debt

Old 03-04-2009, 04:00 PM

473 posts, read 930,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipez View Post
There is a rally tomorrow at 4pm I believe at city hall park. We were told to wear a jacket or hat or something showing DSNY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City