Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2009, 01:37 PM

13 posts, read 25,590 times

Advertisements

Hey guy's i have a list number in the high 600's and want to know if there has there been any word on a prospective month for the next class. I am looking to plan a vacation this summer, but have had my life on hold for the last year waiting for this job. I think it is horrible how they make you jump through hoops to get on the job and then make you wait like this! I can understand that there is a freeze because of the economic times, but they could at least give a heads up on what is going on.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:59 PM

473 posts, read 932,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alamb5 View Post
Hey guy's i have a list number in the high 600's and want to know if there has there been any word on a prospective month for the next class. I am looking to plan a vacation this summer, but have had my life on hold for the last year waiting for this job. I think it is horrible how they make you jump through hoops to get on the job and then make you wait like this! I can understand that there is a freeze because of the economic times, but they could at least give a heads up on what is going on.
Enjoy your vacation

Old 03-13-2009, 03:06 PM

335 posts, read 747,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAPES24 View Post
Enjoy your vacation

haha perfect reply man. That was great. Made my day better.

But to answer that person's question right now there aren't any plans for any class any time soon. I just hope they put an class in july and august like last year.

If you guys really want to get hired by sanitation you guys should of become Sanitation Enforcement Agents lol. We have hired a couple of classes of SEA already this year. Granted of course the only reason the city is letting us hiring SEA is because they bring the city money (via parking tickets and summons for littering ,etc ,etc )

Old 03-13-2009, 03:30 PM

389 posts, read 774,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAPES24 View Post
Enjoy your vacation

ahhh, ya beat me to it. saw the original post and then saw there was another page so I figured someone replied with dry wit.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:52 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,061,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon7280 View Post

But to answer that person's question right now there aren't any plans for any class any time soon. I just hope they put an class in july and august like last year.

If you guys really want to get hired by sanitation you guys should of become Sanitation Enforcement Agents lol. We have hired a couple of classes of SEA already this year. Granted of course the only reason the city is letting us hiring SEA is because they bring the city money (via parking tickets and summons for littering ,etc ,etc )
That exam was also given in 2007. The eligibles list is just 2,012. I don't think anybody from the 6063 list is on it though. That job is on par with traffic enforcement agent..

Old 03-13-2009, 07:05 PM

59 posts, read 174,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon7280 View Post

Im curious, if there are layoffs do enforcement agents count towards that?

Old 03-13-2009, 08:14 PM

335 posts, read 747,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSANMAN View Post
Im curious, if there are layoffs do enforcement agents count towards that?
I dont know. I mean personally I think it is kinda stupid that they are hiring SEA's when they are supposedly trying to save money. Because it is still $27,000+ per SEA they have to give out for starting annual salary I think ( i really dont know the starting salary, I forgot to check it out. ). With that money they can save to get a class of Sanitation workers down the line. But maybe SEA bring in more money for the city and sanitation than what I think. So who knows :P. I am sure the guys in charge of the budget know what they are doing.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:12 PM

Starting salary is $24,447. I actually found a semi thread about SEA's on here. How big was each class? 20?30?40?
//www.city-data.com/forum/work-...ent-agent.html

Old 03-13-2009, 10:16 PM

372 posts, read 830,089 times
hey just to let guys who are waiting to get on know....if you have went to 40 beaver street to start you medical testing and all the xrays and stuff.....if they dont call you within 6 months of that process get ready to do everything all over again just a heads up.....

Old 03-13-2009, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcals View Post
hey just to let guys who are waiting to get on know....if you have went to 40 beaver street to start you medical testing and all the xrays and stuff.....if they dont call you within 6 months of that process get ready to do everything all over again just a heads up.....
KingC:I believe they have to take a mini meds...not quite the full meds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City