Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 08:27 PM

29 posts, read 39,739 times

Advertisements

So I read somewhere that realtors are calling Harlem Upper North Manhattan due to gentrification, is that true? Are gentrification really going to change the history of places like Harlem and Brooklyn? A lot of people are saying Brooklyn won't be Brooklyn anymore and as much as I agree with gentrification, I don't think you should kick out people out of the community who are working class people and who love the community. Also, anyone who listened and understood what spoke lee was saying know that he is just mad all of sudden, there are cops patrolling the streets to make in safer and it takes white folks to make the neighborhood in fort green better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 08:31 PM

34,088 posts, read 47,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbronxguy View Post
So I read somewhere that realtors are calling Harlem Upper North Manhattan due to gentrification, is that true?
Where did you read this?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-28-2014, 08:31 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,834,212 times
This should be merged with the other Spike Lee thread.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:09 PM

29 posts, read 39,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Where did you read this?
On YouTube, on the hot97 channel

Old 02-28-2014, 09:31 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times
Spike Lee had the choice of UES or Harlem...he chose UES. Why??

Old 03-02-2014, 07:10 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
who gives a shyttt about this retard.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:03 AM

54 posts, read 65,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
Spike Lee had the choice of UES or Harlem...he chose UES. Why??
Spike Lee has multiple homes, he doesn't just reside on the UES. I think the UES, as a primary residence would be a more appropriate place for someone like Lee, due to his celebrity status and need for security. I recall reading an article about Lee's dilemma when Michael Jackson wanted him to direct the "they don't really care about us video." Michael Jackson wanted to come out to NYC to discuss the deal at Lee's home, but Lee was primarily situated in Brooklyn at the time. He told Michael Jackson that it was best for him to fly out to Michael's home. Obviously, Lee knew that it would be difficult coordinating such a visit in Brooklyn.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:31 AM

2,440 posts, read 6,257,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbronxguy View Post
I don't think you should kick out people out of the community who are working class people and who love the community.
It's not just people getting kicked out. A lot of long-time black homeowners are taking advantage of the hot real estate market and selling their homes to the highest bidder. And they don't care if the bidder is black, brown, white or green.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:43 AM

559 posts, read 1,111,566 times
I guess he'll be affected by the Great Leader Di Blasio's tax on the filthy rich. I wonder if he'll move to CT or to LA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumFolly234 View Post
Spike Lee has multiple homes, he doesn't just reside on the UES. I think the UES, as a primary residence would be a more appropriate place for someone like Lee, due to his celebrity status and need for security. I recall reading an article about Lee's dilemma when Michael Jackson wanted him to direct the "they don't really care about us video." Michael Jackson wanted to come out to NYC to discuss the deal at Lee's home, but Lee was primarily situated in Brooklyn at the time. He told Michael Jackson that it was best for him to fly out to Michael's home. Obviously, Lee knew that it would be difficult coordinating such a visit in Brooklyn.

Old 03-02-2014, 09:16 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumFolly234 View Post
What's wrong with Harlem? is he afraid that a goon would run up on him? The UES home is a 32 million home. I doubt he has another spot in NYC for his immediate family.

Keep it real. Spike didn't want all those black people near his home. MJ filmed that video in a favela in Rio de Janeiro.. MJ is gangsta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City