Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 10:03 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,127,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Yes, why not call her out by her name? I'd do so if I remembered the name. She was the one who insisted all poor Blacks should move to the South.
Miranda231 and Citygirl332

Old 03-01-2014, 10:04 PM

54 posts, read 65,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Didn't someone already stereotype Asian women on this thread as going around with shopping carts filled with cans and bottles that they collected out of other peoples trash? Pretty sh!tty stereotype if you ask me.
Asian American women typically have very positive stereotypes in the U.S.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:05 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
I think your a bit insecure.

But don't worry. Lots of people are.

Very exemplary of how people feel about themselves and others.
No, Jealous. She's totally broke and hating on those Caribbean ladies who have JOBS. She wishes a white family would let her clean their floor and take care of their children, but it ain't happening. And she'd love to talk to the Caribbean ladies in the park, but she's too nervous/awkward. So she is sulking, plain and simple.

If she learns to be real good and speak nice to those Caribbean ladies, maybe they can hook her up with a job.

No accomplished or wealthy or even middle class Black woman would even notice what other women in the park is doing. Miranda's attitude is ghetto girl Sheneneh nonsense. She's trolling due to bitterness and jealousy.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:11 PM
DAS

2,532 posts, read 6,859,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumFolly234 View Post
I just wish they were in a less visible place, like the Midwest, and not in the heart of NYC for all to see.

Just imagine if the people from Appalachia relocated to NYC. I doubt that many whites would welcome such public displays of white poverty.
These women do not look poverty stricken. They are decently and appropriately dressed for their jobs. They have excellent deportment. They may not seem important to you but they are extremely important people in the lives of the children they care for.

You are comparing 2 entirely different things.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:13 PM

Quote:
No, Jealous. She's totally broke and hating on those Caribbean ladies who have JOBS. She wishes a white family would let her clean their floor and take care of their children, but it ain't happening. And she'd love to talk to the Caribbean ladies in the park, but she's too nervous/awkward. So she is sulking, plain and simple.

If she learns to be real good and speak nice to those Caribbean ladies, maybe they can hook her up with a job.

No accomplished or wealthy or even middle class Black woman would even notice what other women in the park is doing. Miranda's attitude is ghetto girl Sheneneh nonsense. She's trolling due to bitterness and jealousy.
In your little world, middle class black women should be perfectly ok with seeing countless African and Carib women behaving as servants each and every day. Their presence has no impact on how black women as a whole are perceived in NYC.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:13 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,644 times
Quote:

Lol i do think shes trolling.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:14 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,312,562 times
Quote:
I just wish they were in a less visible place, like the Midwest, and not in the heart of NYC for all to see.
Unfortunately for you, they can make much more money for themselves in the heart of NYC than in the Midwest.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAS View Post
These women do not look poverty stricken. They are decently and appropriately dressed for their jobs. They have excellent deportment. They may not seem important to you but they are extremely important people in the lives of the children they care for.

You are comparing 2 entirely different things.
Those women are servants. Why is it a crime to state that I want to see more "Claire Huxtables" throughout NYC, not black nannies/maids. Obviously, I also have issues with the project dwellers too.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:19 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,644 times
Quote:
In your little world, middle class black women should be perfectly ok with seeing countless African and Carib women behaving as servants each and every day. Their presence has no impact on how black women as a whole are perceived in NYC.
Please explain why black women doing domestic work or nannies to children offends you.

Are you aware that women around the world, even in poor countries do domestic work or work as nannies?

Old 03-01-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Please explain why black women doing domestic work or nannies to children offends you.

Are you aware that women around the world, even in poor countries do domestic work?
Many non black people in NYC think poorly of blacks. They rarely distinguish between poor, and middle/upper income blacks. In their minds, we are all the same. I don't think it's done on a conscious level, I think it develops subconsciously overtime, due to their experiences. If they see a number of blacks each morning begging for change, serving as nannies, etc, they begin to make a lot of assumptions about black people as a whole.

I don't have any issues with people working legally, as they see fit. But at the same time, I wish there weren't so many women of African descent serving as nannies for all to see in the heart of Manhattan. I wish that my race had more of the Claire Huxtable/Professional black women types congregating in the park, during lunch, on full display for the city to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City