Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 09:26 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
This is the problem, there are 8 million in NYC and they are massively left leaning & liberal. They will only vote democrat unless their life depends on it, which it did when Guilianni came in and rescued the city. Then 9/11 happened and people were scared to death and they voted for whoever Guilianni said they should. Bloomberg came in and did an amazing job and things kept getting better so they kept voting for him. Eventually everyone got fat & happy and complacent and wanted a change for change's sake, so it's back to voting Democrat and I don't see how another non-dem is going to get elected until the city is run into the ground again

Old 03-06-2014, 10:09 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,377,113 times
Lol..and the anti-DeBlasio nuts continue to expend enormous energy to soil his name and attempt to scare NYC into believing the end of the world is near. The guy has been in office in 2.5 months and even before he took office nuts like rubygreta have been forecasting NYC's degradation into Haiti.

Get a life! At this point it looks like we are stuck with this nutjob...so expect a never ending stream of anti-DeBlasio threads.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:45 PM

620 posts, read 1,073,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Can't agree with you on that one. Personally I prefer the middle class who are a happy medium of family stability, work ethic and values without inadvertently driving the housing prices up.

YES !! Thank You at least someone gets it

Old 03-06-2014, 07:13 PM

620 posts, read 1,073,451 times
The wealthy will NEVER fully leave New York....if they do ? Good Riddance !

Yea it's semi-true about the taxes they pay but the ultra wealthy a lot of the times don't spend a lot of time here and therefore don't pay much of the taxes. There is a loophole that allows this.

I don't think people really care about the "wealthy" because they are not your average New Yorker. What people want is some balance to it all.

People say ohhh... New york has always historically evolved" ... Not true. MANHATTAN has always evolved ...not really the other boroughs which is where " the rest of us" live.

When these come and displace others then is when the problem comes.

What is happening in NYC is no different than the protests in San Francisco, Boston and other major cities in the US.

There will always be inequality in any economy but when that gap gets out of hand...then there will be change

I praise Deblasio !!!! And those who don't have no choice but to as well

Old 03-06-2014, 07:15 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popfizz View Post

Yea it's semi-true about the taxes they pay but the ultra wealthy a lot of the times don't spend a lot of time here and therefore don't pay much of the taxes. There is a loophole that allows this.

I don't think people really care about the "wealthy" because they are not your average New Yorker. What people want is some balance to it all.

People say ohhh... New york has always historically evolved" ... Not true. MANHATTAN has always evolved ...not really the other boroughs which is where " the rest of us" live.

What is happening in NYC is no different than the protests in San Francisco, Boston and other major cities in the US.

There will always be inequality in any economy but when that gap gets out of hand...then there will be change

How's Occupy Wall Street working out for you?

Oh yeah I forgot, you got kicked out of the park LOOL

Old 03-06-2014, 07:21 PM

2,440 posts, read 6,259,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Lol..and the anti-DeBlasio nuts continue to expend enormous energy to soil his name and attempt to scare NYC into believing the end of the world is near. The guy has been in office in 2.5 months and even before he took office nuts like rubygreta have been forecasting NYC's degradation into Haiti.

Get a life! At this point it looks like we are stuck with this nutjob...so expect a never ending stream of anti-DeBlasio threads.
Actually, pal, if you read my comments, I said that I doubt very much that crime will skyrocket under your Dear Leader. So pick on someone else, please.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:33 AM

4,840 posts, read 9,916,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popfizz View Post

What is happening in NYC is no different than the protests in San Franciscoj, Boston and other major cities in the US.

Yeah, lets get ride of all the wealthy so the city would be all poor people. NYC will definitely thrive with just them. Just like Detroit, Gary Indiana, or any of New Jerseys cities.

Old 03-07-2014, 05:41 AM

Rubygreta isn't annoying when someone "picks on you" unjustly and distorts your statements because they have an obvious agenda, preconceived notions, and bias against you? EXACTLY! As soon as you "pick on" someone else, I will do the same. PS- He is not my King, he is our Mayor, and I am reserving judgment until we see what his policies are, and whether they benefit our city...why can't you do the same?

BlakeJones...just an FYI, the Occupy Wall Street movement was a movement for your benefit, unless you are the 1%? Why would you despise someone/a group that is working to help YOU?? It is a very fascinating and seemingly unique American psychology that envies the rich so much so that they despise anyone/group that actually works towards making life better for them! Hate OWS because they placed the blame, rightly so, on Wall St for the global economic collapse, and the system that perpetuates and protects such criminal behavior against the 99% of us who work hard and follow the rules only to be victimized again and again by them and the system? Yes clearly OWS is the problem!

Old 03-07-2014, 06:00 AM

2,440 posts, read 6,259,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post

BlakeJones...just an FYI, the Occupy Wall Street movement was a movement for your benefit, unless you are the 1%? Why would you despise someone/a group that is working to help YOU?? It is a very fascinating and seemingly unique American psychology that envies the rich so much so that they despise anyone/group that actually works towards making life better for them! Hate OWS because they placed the blame, rightly so, on Wall St for the global economic collapse, and the system that perpetuates and protects such criminal behavior against the 99% of us who work hard and follow the rules only to be victimized again and again by them and the system? Yes clearly OWS is the problem!
OWS was lots of spoiled rich kids on trust funds bumming around and literally destroying a park. And most could not have provided a coherent explanation on why they were doing what they were doing, nor could they explain what Wall Street firms actually do (stealing from people does not cut it).

With respect to securitizing mortgages that weren't worth the paper they were written on (yes, that was the problem, OWS), this was a very complex situation that involved real estate agents, mortgage brokers, certain big banks (yes the CEO of Washington Mutual probably should be in jail), appraisers, credit agencies, CERTAIN DEPARTMENTS of Wall Street firms, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, HUD, Democratic politicians (you must loan to minorities), Republican politicians (our goal is to loan to minorities), and others that I can't think of right now.

And who really are the 1%? Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerburg, that guy with 20 employees that just sold his company for billions to Zuckerburg, Mike Bloomberg, and whoever owns Twitter and all those other tech companies. THE VAST MAJORITY OF PEOPLE WORKING ON WALL STREET ARE NOT CLOSE TO BEING IN THE 1%, AND ARE 100% BLAMELESS REGARDING THE 2008 CRASH.

If someone makes a billion dollars legally and ethically, whether it be by creating a product or selling bonds, good for them. If we had 10,000 new billion dollar incomes next year in the US we could balance the federal budget and then some.

Old 03-07-2014, 06:06 AM

Your entire comment was useless, except for the last paragraph, which I agree with 100%. The operative word in that paragraph was the very first word: IF. IF someone makes a billion dollar legally and ethically, NOBODY would care. Of course, that was not what happened and exactly the reason why we had a near global depression which 6 years later we are still trying to dig out of.

Nobody is claiming Bill Gates (for example) is the cause of the world's problems, but those wealthy who are actively seeking to undermine our democratic system through bribery, corruption, purposeful misinformation, dismantling of our rights and protections, and seeking to collapse our society into a 3rd world banana republic ARE the problem...all to earn another billion on top of the $20 billion they already have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City