U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-05-2014, 02:14 PM
 
8 posts, read 32,966 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

I live in a coop since 1996, the stock is in my name and my husband's name. he left over a year and a half ago. i've been paying the maintenance in this time. now when I moved in I signed a lease and rules, in 2008 a new mgmt. company came in and made a new lease, which I did NOT sign since I was already here. I received a weird email that didn't come directly to me but that I was cc'd on stating about a reissue stock/lease.

2 questions:

1. I abide by the original stock/lease I signed when I moved in or does the new one supersede this even though I never signed this one and

2. can the coop force me to take anyone's name off of the stock and reissue it to me?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-05-2014, 03:11 PM
 
96,860 posts, read 96,127,299 times
Reputation: 70859
you will need paper work signed by your husband or ex and they can re-issue the stock certificate. i had to pay the co-op lawyer to handle it for us.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2014, 06:51 AM
 
8 posts, read 32,966 times
Reputation: 10
my question is can they force me to take his name off? this is the issue, it seems like they are going in that direction.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2014, 10:09 AM
 
Location: Manhattan
24,499 posts, read 34,334,742 times
Reputation: 12021
Quote:
Originally Posted by geminidmn View Post
my question is can they force me to take his name off? this is the issue, it seems like they are going in that direction.
They can force NOTHING. It is not a lease it is stock and only your ex and you can decide how to dispose of it.

Quote:




in 2008 a new mgmt. company came in and made a new lease
I do not understand what you mean by "a new lease." Would you care to amplify?

Do you WANT your husband as co-owner or not? If so, then leave things as they are. If not, you will have to buy him out or have him sign over his share to you.

Define your goal.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2014, 10:35 AM
 
96,860 posts, read 96,127,299 times
Reputation: 70859
I gave my ex wife my shares when we got divorced. I had to sign a bunch of forms ,pay 350 bucks to the co-op attorney and they handled the transfer of my shares.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2014, 12:52 PM
 
8 posts, read 32,966 times
Reputation: 10
meaning when I moved in I signed the prop lease from 1950 something (original) in 2008 the new mgmt. co compiled a new agreement that new ppl signed, so I abide by the docs that have my signature on them, correct,
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2014, 03:29 PM
 
1,058 posts, read 1,886,027 times
Reputation: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by geminidmn View Post
I live in a coop since 1996, the stock is in my name and my husband's name. he left over a year and a half ago. i've been paying the maintenance in this time. now when I moved in I signed a lease and rules, in 2008 a new mgmt. company came in and made a new lease, which I did NOT sign since I was already here. I received a weird email that didn't come directly to me but that I was cc'd on stating about a reissue stock/lease.

2 questions:

1. I abide by the original stock/lease I signed when I moved in or does the new one supersede this even though I never signed this one and

2. can the coop force me to take anyone's name off of the stock and reissue it to me?

This is a legal issue. Are you divorced ? You really need to have a consultation with a lawyer not a bunch of yahoos on an internet chat board like this. Who was the email sent to your husband ? That would be because he probably is the owner of record for the coop board.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2014, 03:34 PM
 
1,058 posts, read 1,886,027 times
Reputation: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by geminidmn View Post
meaning when I moved in I signed the prop lease from 1950 something (original) in 2008 the new mgmt. co compiled a new agreement that new ppl signed, so I abide by the docs that have my signature on them, correct,

no no no.. if the board reissues certificates you need to sign them or they can throw you out
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:55 AM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top