Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2014, 01:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,009 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I have been fortunate enough to be eligible for an apartment within The NYCHA, I have just a few days left to choose from a list of available developments. I have been racking my brain for weeks and I just can't seem to make a choice. I have been giving a list of a few developments in Manhattan as well as The Bronx. I really need to figure out which location would be the safest and more accessible to public transportation, as my hours vary with my job. At times I could be leaving home at 6am to go to work or be coming at 1am from work or leaving at 11 pm to work the night shift. I also have a 3 month old daughter and would want something that is safe for her well being. Please help!!!!!!!!!

I have been offered as follows:

The Bronx:

Adams
Bronx-River
McKinley
Monroe
Sedgwick
Jackson
Melrose
Webster

In Manhattan:

Grant
Harlem River I
Isaacs
Polo Grounds
Wagner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 08:22 PM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari&Mikayla View Post
Hello everyone,

I have been fortunate enough to be eligible for an apartment within The NYCHA, I have just a few days left to choose from a list of available developments. I have been racking my brain for weeks and I just can't seem to make a choice. I have been giving a list of a few developments in Manhattan as well as The Bronx. I really need to figure out which location would be the safest and more accessible to public transportation, as my hours vary with my job. At times I could be leaving home at 6am to go to work or be coming at 1am from work or leaving at 11 pm to work the night shift. I also have a 3 month old daughter and would want something that is safe for her well being. Please help!!!!!!!!!

I have been offered as follows:

The Bronx:

Adams
Bronx-River
McKinley
Monroe
Sedgwick
Jackson
Melrose
Webster

In Manhattan:

Grant
Harlem River I
Isaacs
Polo Grounds
Wagner
Take Grant or Isaacs. Don't take anything in the Bronx.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-06-2014, 11:06 PM

64 posts, read 86,022 times
You would think having these type of housing would make people grateful, but I'm glad you're thinking about your child.

I would A B S O L U T L Y rule out every location in the Bronx aside from Monroe.

I can't talk on behalf of Manhattan propects, but I've been to and work in or around everyone in the Bronx that you've mentioned. Sotomayor Houses and Monroe ( Right by each other, only separated by a highway) are in relative terms, safe.

They have good access to 2 buses, BX5 and BX27 that can get you to the 6 train in under 15 mins, and they run late, perfect for someone like yourself. Centered in a small (ghetto) shopping center, with a Western Beef(Super market). You have everything nearby.

15 min walk or 5 mins on the bus and you'll be in the Bruckner shopping center. with access to 2 more buses. BX39 and BX36.

So Monroe is what I would choose, If I was offered. I've been waiting sine 12/12/12.

Any other question, feel free to ask I'll update.

Old 03-23-2014, 02:31 PM

39 posts, read 109,273 times
Out of all of them harlem river has got to be the cleanest an safe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City