U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 03-11-2014, 11:00 AM
 
Location: NYC
72 posts, read 105,493 times
Reputation: 124

Advertisements

Missing 11-Year-Old Boy Found At Union Square Subway Station: Gothamist

Crazy story!

Apparently he had run away before. The mom is 26 and the kid is 11. Sounds like the kid's home life is pretty bad. I feel bad for the kid. I hope he turns ok but considering how his home life probably is, I doubt it. Maybe a nice transplant family can trade in one of their pure bred canines for a kid like this and give him a shot at a better life!
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-11-2014, 11:04 AM
 
2,853 posts, read 6,776,642 times
Reputation: 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoNYC View Post
Maybe a nice transplant family can trade in one of their pure bred canines for a kid like this and give him a shot at a better life!
Trade? Pure bred canine? I know you're being sarcastic, but...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2014, 11:21 AM
 
Location: NYC
72 posts, read 105,493 times
Reputation: 124
You are reading too much into it.

I am actually ragging on the white bread transplants who pay lip service to multiculturalism and diversity but surround themselves with their own kind.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2014, 11:46 AM
Status: "Uncomfortably numb" (set 1 hour ago)
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
63,259 posts, read 59,964,735 times
Reputation: 76309
Kid doesn't sound too bright if he couldn't find his way home at the age of 11 or have enough sense to call somebody, but I'm glad this one didn't end up with a "remains found" story.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2014, 01:08 PM
 
Location: USA
8,015 posts, read 9,942,146 times
Reputation: 3425
How bad could his life be if his mother gave him chores?
That's a good life, if ya ask me. Maybe he is just spoiled.

I bet he learned his lesson now.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2014, 06:56 PM
 
Location: New York City
559 posts, read 996,809 times
Reputation: 384
A pure-bred canine--hell, any canine or feline or rodent or primate for that matter--would never run away. And it would always be faithful and affectionate and loyal.

Canines--and animals in general--are better than humans. That's why PETA is right for hating humans and preferring animals. Animals (unless they contract rabies) never betray, never disappoint, never reject.

In short, animals are a way of avoiding reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoNYC View Post
Missing 11-Year-Old Boy Found At Union Square Subway Station: Gothamist

Crazy story!

Apparently he had run away before. The mom is 26 and the kid is 11. Sounds like the kid's home life is pretty bad. I feel bad for the kid. I hope he turns ok but considering how his home life probably is, I doubt it. Maybe a nice transplant family can trade in one of their pure bred canines for a kid like this and give him a shot at a better life!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2014, 11:15 PM
 
Location: Helsinki, Finland
5,473 posts, read 9,961,202 times
Reputation: 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanintllctl View Post
A pure-bred canine--hell, any canine or feline or rodent or primate for that matter--would never run away. And it would always be faithful and affectionate and loyal.

Canines--and animals in general--are better than humans. That's why PETA is right for hating humans and preferring animals. Animals (unless they contract rabies) never betray, never disappoint, never reject.

In short, animals are a way of avoiding reality.
I wouldn't say that having a pet in your household is a way of avoiding reality. But animal hoarders are a different breed. I saw a documentary about a woman in Florida who had about 50 pigs on her property as "pets" and to make things worse she was sitting in a wheelchair. Finally the authorities stepped in. Probably she was trying to fulfill some inner void in her life with these pigs and running away from reality. Whatever gets you thru the night i guess and i don't judge but she really did create a horrible mess to all parts involved except for herself.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top