Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 08:09 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,110,162 times

Advertisements

http://www.newsday.com/news/new-york...rals-1.9709927
Quote:
Marking a new low in Mayor Bill de Blasio's relationship with the NYPD, the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association is asking the mayor not to "insult" the memory of officers killed in the line of duty by attending their funerals.

The PBA has posted a downloadable form on its website for officers to sign that blasts de Blasio and City Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito for their "consistent refusal to show police officers the support and respect they deserve."

The form says "their attendance at the funeral of a fallen New York City police officer is an insult to that officer's memory and sacrifice."
Bolshevik Bill and his anti-American sidekick Melissa Marxist-Viverito get a smackdown. It is a recurring theme for police unions to ask far left radicals & agitators to stay away from LODD funerals. Ron "Red Ron" Dellums was asked not to attend the funerals of police officers when he was mayor of Oakland, CA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 08:18 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,522,264 times
I don't blame them. As much as I find the Garner non indictment WRONG, the Mayor ought to be careful when choosing his words. He aligned himself with that agitator opportunist POS Sharpton, and that speaks volumes.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:24 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,110,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
I don't blame them. As much as I find the Garner non indictment WRONG, the Mayor ought to be careful when choosing his words. He aligned himself with that agitator opportunist POS Sharpton, and that speaks volumes.
Couldent have agreed more with your post. De Blasio needs to start being the mayor of ALL New Yorkers and not just minorities and special interest groups. He is very disrespectful towards law enforcement.

I have several friends who are NYPD officers and almost all of them have signed this form.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:26 PM

3,953 posts, read 5,078,986 times
Sounds like a free afternoon to me. Who likes attending funerals?

To me, this seems like a scumbag letter to go around. More and more I find the PBA a scumbag organization.
NYPD cops seem to get put in a worse and worse light every day.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:41 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,918,406 times
I don't blame them. This guy has done nothing but make relationships between cops and citizens worse. Maybe he should of left S & F.

Old 12-12-2014, 09:32 PM

725 posts, read 805,991 times
The Mayor should never attend. I don't see why the Mayor or anyone else needs to bow down to cops and the police union. Given the level of police abuse in this country the mayor should be doing everything he can to dismantle the power of the police unions to protect a bunch of dirty and abusive cops. Problem is since every cop will blindly follow orders and enforce abusive and unconstitutional laws all are abusive.

Old 12-13-2014, 05:47 AM

19,058 posts, read 13,973,458 times
DeBlasio is a scumbag who hates the police force that makes him look good by keeping crime down. Not only should he be banned from their funerals, but they shouldn't be overly concerned with proactive police work either while he is still mayor.

Old 12-13-2014, 07:24 AM

3,244 posts, read 5,242,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
I find the PBA a scumbag organization.
It's a union that represents its membership. NYC's politicians are a bunch of clowns, based in a counter-culture tradition manifested in rabble-rousing. F 'em!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john620 View Post
The Mayor should never attend. I don't see why the Mayor or anyone else needs to bow down to cops and the police union.
The only reason mayors attend police funerals, is for their own publicity. DeBlowhard has no respect for the police. They should return the favor, by marginalizing him, especially when mourning one of their fallen. Let him stick to kissing Sharpton's butt, a task for which he is well-suited.

Last edited by bigjake54; 12-13-2014 at 07:35 AM..

Old 12-13-2014, 07:32 AM

5,861 posts, read 3,300,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
Sounds like a free afternoon to me. Who likes attending funerals?

To me, this seems like a scumbag letter to go around. More and more I find the PBA a scumbag organization.
NYPD cops seem to get put in a worse and worse light every day.
Really? what do you really know about the PBA? Oh that's right all they do is protect scumbag racist corrupt cops! If you only knew what they really do you would change your tune. But I am sure no matter what you have such hatred of the police that nothing that was shown to you would really matter!

Old 12-13-2014, 08:38 AM

3,953 posts, read 5,078,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Really? what do you really know about the PBA? Oh that's right all they do is protect scumbag racist corrupt cops! If you only knew what they really do you would change your tune. But I am sure no matter what you have such hatred of the police that nothing that was shown to you would really matter!
I worked with Police force for plenty of years. NCPD, SCPD, NYPD- Yonkers Police too.

I don't think race was any factor in the recent case with Eric Garner- I think the officer would have been just as heavy handed be it a white guy repeat-convict selling cigarettes on the street.

I'm well aware what they do. Regretfully in my findings- too much is to protect that of their own.
I know some very intelligent officers and Sargents who left the rank and file to move up to Federal Security jobs or technical Military because of the low brow nature of their forces amongst NYPD. Doesen't represent the whole unit, of course, but when PBA makes blanket statements like this I accept that the smartest and most professional cops are going to the same level as the lowest and least trustworthy.

NYPD's credo is Courtesy, Professionalism and Respect- and if 20% of it''s members don't carry that tune on and off the clock- then it's really out the window with it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City