Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 08:01 PM

38 posts, read 35,829 times

Advertisements

My neighborhood of Greenpoint has been taken over by these artsy Midwestern types with their parent subsidized lifestyles. Shows like Girls have only accelerated this where over privileged Midwestern girls and guys on estrogen coming to the big bad city armed with their liberal arts degrees. All of the Polish businesses that gave Greenpoint its flare are being forced out in favor of businesses that cater to the tastes of the invaders. These businesses won't even hire natives who refuse to conform to the style they are trying to sell. So the kids have to try and "protect" these businesses. However the NYPD has decided that these businesses are better to protect than Polish businesses. These woman walk the streets in their sunglasses scared of any guy who doesn't act like them. They call the cops on our parties. Hell some Lena Dunham wannabe called the cops on me because my Mustang was too loud for her. They won't even buy Polish weed they go to Williamsburg for that because they are too scared of us. Making it hard to survive for us survive in our own neighborhood plus with the property taxes I might be driven out of my home. I was satisfied giving the invaders Williamsburg and Park Slope.But that is not enough for them they expand into any vulnerable neighborhood. They are like Hitler and Putin nothing is good enough for them.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:13 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,336,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish Mike View Post
My neighborhood of Greenpoint has been taken over by these artsy Midwestern types with their parent subsidized lifestyles. Shows like Girls have only accelerated this where over privileged Midwestern girls and guys on estrogen coming to the big bad city armed with their liberal arts degrees. All of the Polish businesses that gave Greenpoint its flare are being forced out in favor of businesses that cater to the tastes of the invaders. These businesses won't even hire natives who refuse to conform to the style they are trying to sell. So the kids have to try and "protect" these businesses. However the NYPD has decided that these businesses are better to protect than Polish businesses. These woman walk the streets in their sunglasses scared of any guy who doesn't act like them. They call the cops on our parties. Hell some Lena Dunham wannabe called the cops on me because my Mustang was too loud for her. They won't even buy Polish weed they go to Williamsburg for that because they are too scared of us. Making it hard to survive for us survive in our own neighborhood plus with the property taxes I might be driven out of my home. I was satisfied giving the invaders Williamsburg and Park Slope.But that is not enough for them they expand into any vulnerable neighborhood. They are like Hitler and Putin nothing is good enough for them.
I really do feel your pain. It's sad I'm black and I actually loved the ethnic polish community of greenpoint. Cool ppl

Old 03-17-2014, 08:16 PM

8,080 posts, read 6,685,583 times
Lol@ Polish weed.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:19 PM

9,239 posts, read 23,977,718 times
This is nothing new. Greenpoint died about 10 years ago.Get over it.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Lol@ Polish weed.
Lmao I just texted my friend the exact same thing but rip green point. Lovely area.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
This is nothing new. Greenpoint died about 10 years ago.Get over it.
What if I don't want to, huh?

Old 03-17-2014, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish Mike View Post
What if I don't want to, huh?
You don't have to. Thank god for de Blaiso. He's for the poor. He should really think about taxing yuppies.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:34 PM

12,164 posts, read 7,127,198 times
You can blame the city for this. Most of these people themselves couldn't afford Manhattan so they have to cross the river to find more affordable places to live. You shouldn't hate people for moving to NY. The city needs to upzone Manhattan a lot more so that supply actually can meet demand.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:40 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,250,100 times
Same guy new name as last week and the week before that and the week before that... I find it amazing how much you actually hate them. It's an impressive amount of hate. Polish guy with a mustang?

Old 03-17-2014, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Same guy new name as last week and the week before that and the week before that... I find it amazing how much you actually hate them. It's an impressive amount of hate. Polish guy with a mustang?
Yeah I own a Mustang.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City