Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2014, 08:10 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
How do I know what your knowledge of civil service is? Buddy, you've made that overwhelmingly clear with every single one of your posts on this and the other thread. I fully understand that you enjoy responding to hundreds of threads a week and like to see yourself type random words. But when you do that, sometimes those strings of words create sentences that show your complete lack of understanding on a certain topic. If you understood anything about this particular topic (as you claim), you wouldn't be yammering on about how the "city discriminated" and "the judge ruled how he did, so clearly unfair hiring practices took place...move on". By making these asinine statements, you're showing how clearly out of touch you are on this one. As was the judge. Which is why he got thrown off. But you don't like to really acknowledge that one. It's just "move on, why talk about it?" Well why talk about any issue? That's what a discussion forum is. And I'm gonna call out idiocy and emotional statements whenever I see them.
Everyone is out of touch just because they don't agree with you? Hmmm.

There's really nothing to discuss on this issue. It's resolved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 08:15 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
A poster just said that he knows of legal briefs being written up right now to bring a lawsuit against the MTA for not hiring and actively recruiting Asians.

There must be a reason.

People are making accusations that NYC Corrections is being discriminatory against hiring white candidates. If this is true, then those candidates should sue NYC Corrections.
Indeed, and they will, if those accusations are true. And if all that's true, the courts and the city will make corrections.

Re: the Asian deal, obviously not all Asians can be doctors, and MTA jobs have good benefits. It's better than being stuck in retail or low end service your whole life (this happens to a number of immigrants and their children). I never see MTA jobs advertised. So since they don't advertise their recruitment, if this has disparate impact on Asian applicants they can indeed rightfully sue the MTA.

Old 03-25-2014, 08:19 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,217,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
You also need critical thinking skills such as Decision making under stress and uncertainty, Risk vs reward, and Resource allocation.

You need basic knowlege of chemicals, physics, architectural structures, blueprints, and the weather.

You need to master an array of equipment.

How is it that you you cannot comprehend that?

Your implications that firefighters are just strong lugs is factually innacturate. Your thinly-veiled implications that blacks and hispanics are too stupid to ever achieve the required skill sets is disgusting.
I've linked him the probie manual several times and explained how little time and how beat up you are to actually study it. Yet he still, as do many others on here, proceed to assume that the job requires no reading comprehension abilities never mind an understanding fire chemistry, architectural structures, etc.

Folks on this forum redefine absurdity in many ways...

Old 03-25-2014, 08:21 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,029,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Indeed, and they will, if those accusations are true. And if all that's true, the courts and the city will make corrections.

Re: the Asian deal, obviously not all Asians can be doctors, and MTA jobs have good benefits. It's better than being stuck in retail or low end service your whole life (this happens to a number of immigrants and their children). I never see MTA jobs advertised. So since they don't advertise their recruitment, if this has disparate impact on Asian applicants they can indeed rightfully sue the MTA.
I posted earlier that the MTA doesn't have to actively recruit, because NYC's HRA department sends hundreds of people to perform workfare jobs every year. Some get hired, then many of those newly-hired get let go within 3 months or so of being hired, then the "game" begins all over again.

The MTA has thousands of desperate, welfare recipients on the system who have no choice, but to work for them, because they are unable not to. This is why the workers are overwhelmingly black and hispanic. It's been like this for years.

The Parks Department is also guilty of this.

If other racial groups and nationalities feel like they're being left out of the hiring process, then they SHOULD take both these agencies to court to make them explain themselves.

Old 03-25-2014, 08:24 AM

Quote:
A poster just said that he knows of legal briefs being written up right now to bring a lawsuit against the MTA for not hiring and actively recruiting Asians.

There must be a reason.

People are making accusations that NYC Corrections is being discriminatory against hiring white candidates. If this is true, then those candidates should sue NYC Corrections.

If there is a lawsuit against the MTA, it's most likely because the one this thread is based on (where nobody was discriminated against) opened the flood gates. I'd love to see the legal briefs.

And nobody was accusing corrections of being discriminatory. It's said in jest to show how ridiculous this lawsuit was.

Old 03-25-2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:
By your own admission the knowledge is BASIC. In short, no genius is needed.
Nobody ever said "genius is needed". You, and only you, ever used the term "rocket science". But to assert that a basic aptitude test is not necessary, is delusional. Read the manual, "genius"...

Old 03-25-2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Everyone is out of touch just because they don't agree with you? Hmmm.

There's really nothing to discuss on this issue. It's resolved.

It's "resolved" cause de Blasio and his wife decide just to pay a hundred million to some people who didn't score a 97 on an exam. I get it. That doesn't mean that you don't know what you're talking about or that debate needs to be suppressed.

Old 03-25-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
If there is a lawsuit against the MTA, it's most likely because the one this thread is based on (where nobody was discriminated against) opened the flood gates. I'd love to see the legal briefs.
When people don't see others like them in a certain environment, most of them assume it's because they're not wanted, especially if they have tried to get hired through the company and still no go.

Not even speaking on the Fire Department, but just in general.

Quote:
And nobody was accusing corrections of being discriminatory. It's said in jest to show how ridiculous this lawsuit was.
Well, maybe YOU weren't, but one particular poster was making snide comments as though there was some "insider" thing to keep white hires low. Like it was some "secret" that was being kept.

Old 03-25-2014, 08:33 AM

Quote:

Quote:
I posted earlier that the MTA doesn't have to actively recruit, because NYC's HRA department sends hundreds of people to perform workfare jobs every year. Some get hired, then many of those newly-hired get let go within 3 months or so of being hired, then the "game" begins all over again.

The MTA has thousands of desperate, welfare recipients on the system who have no choice, but to work for them, because they are unable not to. This is why the workers are overwhelmingly black and hispanic. It's been like this for years.

The Parks Department is also guilty of this.

If other racial groups and nationalities feel like they're being left out of the hiring process, then they SHOULD take both these agencies to court to make them explain themselves.

Everybody is racist! Sue everybody!!

You people make me sick..

Old 03-25-2014, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Everybody is racist! Sue everybody!!

You people make me sick..
Problem??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City